+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Query1 - I am in Singapore on an employment visa for the past 3 years. I was on secondment employment contracts with partner companies. My employer in Singapore did not have a permanent establishment. I have been internally transferred to our partner/subsidiary companies twice. Recently, my company established in Singapore and currently in the process of being transferred there. Though my employment has been continuous with the same organisation but on paper i have 3 separate appointment letters. How or should I reflect this in my express entry profile. I am sure some of the IT folks working in client organisations will be able to relate to this situation.

Query2 - Is the reference letter from the employer required from all my previous employers are only from those that correspond with the NOC applied for?

Query3 - In one of my previous employment, my designation was irrelevant to the job I preformed due to a peculiar organisation structure in the company. Will this affect my application

Query4 - Does the reference letter necessarily come from the HR of the Company or reporting manager will suffice?

Appreciate guidance from the group on the above.

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
I am thinking it would be better if we don’t have a draw on 13 December unless CIC does another draw on 20 December (probability is low for 3 back to back draws ) because we have seen that CRS shoots up of the draw is done after 3 week gap. So if we don’t have a draw next week so that we can have a draw on 20 dec and most probably on 3 jan 2018. Maintaining a 2 week gap will see CRS coming down closer to 440 or thereabouts. Then we can hope if the ITA number increases in next year we can see a Lowe CRS. Having a draw on 13 dec and not having again for 3 weeks will again push CRS back in the 450 range. What do the experts think??

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Ok more data:

ITA issued every month

December 2750
November 5545
October 5558
September 5643
August 9290
July 3202
June 3409
May 11903
April 11341
March 7633
February 10763
January 6236

Or 51 285 first 6 months and 31 988 next 6 month (Which will be most likely somewhere around 35k by the end of this year)

The disproportion is rather visible. In first half of the year the average monthly amount of ITA was 8547 while in the second half of the year it was ( or more like will be by the end of the year) only app. 5833 ITA.
That is 46% more ITA in first half of the year than in second half of the year.
But as most of the overheating happened from March to May and caught some people not ready, I am assuming, that the biggest amount of applications was received in June / July. So they had a bit space releasing people close to the end of this year, so that they end up in 2018 quota.
But again that would indicate, that next year they will not go for the increased invitations any time soon again (there is only 3% difference between 2017 and 2018 total quota).

In 2015 and in 2016 they have only issued app. 31K ITA per year, yet they managed to fulfill their quota. Yes they did have old applications in 2015, but less in 2016.
You forgot some key things my friend, In 2015 they said that EE is a new system and as we all know new system has some glitches and for first few months they were in a testing period with no timeline of draws and less consistency.

In 2015 they clearly mentioned that EE is a new system and only portion of the quota will come from EE as it was in testing phase and we will clear pre EE backlog.

After EE got success and praises from all around the world in 2016 they said that 50% of the quota will fill through EE and other 50% through pre EE backlog. And for first 4 months of 2016 they were on the right track but because of syrian refugees they had revisit their quota.

That is why there were low number of ITAs. Then in 2017 they said that majority of Quota will bd filled through EE and we saw high number of ITAs.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I gave you “like” because of all the data and analysis that you did, but man do you try hard to prove that we who stand below 420 don’t stand a chance, even I see a brighter future than you display here and I’m pessimist by nature.

Chill man, have a drink, relax, enjoy life, take a pause for a second and try to be supportive, you don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow, nobody knows!

All I can say is that your analysis is solid for now, but let’s wait and see in a month what’s the situation and I have a hunch it’s going to be much better than you think.
This guy vensak had a score of 334 only because he knew french he got 600 points from OINP.

sh8ma

Dec 9, 2017
Hang on by feb you will definitely be in.
If cic is merciful then maybe in the third draw of Jan.
Will be in the same boat @423 from Jan 19th until then I'm at 428.
Praying for huge draws in Jan :p
me too, im at 429 and i applied on 22nd of November :oops:

WanderWomanToo

Nov 28, 2017
Based on the released annual report 2017, 95% of the pre EE applications were processed by end of 2016. Therefore, despite the less ITA for 2015 and 2016, they managed to fill their quota because of the backlogs.So its not true that there were lesser paper based applications for 2016 than 2015.

Once it was clear, it was evident that they had to draw larger numbers for 2017 to meet the new quota. Hence, the trend for upcoming years.

Reactions: andieangel

WanderWomanToo

Nov 28, 2017
@vensak, its great that you achieved your dream of landing in Canada. However, it won't hurt you to share positivity in this forum. (or would it?) After all, it is a ray of hope for people who are waiting for their dream to be fulfilled just like yours.

Im sure a lot of people here would appreciate it if you would not be too condescending because for us who are waiting for our chance, it is an arduous process in itself just submitting our profile and gathering our documents

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Then you’re not long in the pool! Where have you been six months ago when scores were well below 430? Why are you spitting on other people’s opinions when they are spreading hope? What’s wrong with believing that everything will fall to its place one day? Are we insulting you with our good intentions and unicorns?
We are not being too much out of the box and just dreaming about unicorns. If we say guys below 400 you will sure shot get ITA then probably we are wrong. we are just being hopeful of above 400, watching the 2017 trend and it is nothing wrong. One or two of you can't stop us from being hopeful. If not ITA there are always other options like nsnp..oinp and many other streams. We will surely make it to Canada.

Guys like them are just like small kids teasing others "I have a candy but you can't get one":p:p:D:D:D:D

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
This guy vensak had a score of 334 only because he knew french he got 600 points from OINP.
He really worked hard to be there. He can motivate us to do the same rather than disappointing us.
There are many ways to say the same thing. The world around is trying to empathise as much as possible, specially Canadians. Constructive criticism is always welcomed, maybe it will take a while for him to learn Canadian ettiquetes although he managed to be there.
We will have to work less I guess, as we are gaining experience to deal all sorts of people and then land;););)

Reactions: --ariana--