+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friend. Let me tell you how it was. The hardest part after the PR was finding a good apartment. It was time consuming but worth it. I recommend you do that as soon you get your PR, don't wait to come here and look for it or you might end up somewhere you don't want to be in just because you are in a hurry to find something. We looked for about a month. Then the problem was how to pay the first month's rent because they would receive only money orders or cash so we actually found someone online who was from Ottawa and just asked him if he would do this for us. I deposited the money on his account and the guy we never saw in our lives went to the administrative office in our building and payed the rent for us. Then I went to a couple of prearrival seminars, they are called SOPA (JobSearchStrategies) and CIIP. Very useful. They help you with targeting your CV for specific jobs. As I was learning how to write my resume, I applied for a couple of jobs while I was back home. I got ONE call for an interview for a PhD Student position at Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. As soon as we landed, I came to an interview and Boom! Got the job in less than 10 days after we landed! Another thing I must say I don't have so much lab experience, but it didn't matter because my grades were high. So I will be doing my PhD here, work in the lab and hopefully get a few scholarships. My husband got invited to an interview too after about 10 applications. I hope that gives you a sense of life in Canada. And Ottawa isn't even such a big city so Toronto and other mega cities should be even better. All the best!
Welcome back n congratulations. So happy for you n the news of u getting job in 10 days is revitalizing.:)

#HopeIsAlive

indcan86

Oct 6, 2017
Any genuine predictions for the draw tomorrow?

I believe that it should be touching 435 if number of invitation is 2800 and if number of invitation is around 3500 then CRS can go up to 432.
Considering last years trend, we cannot hope for 3000+ invites in the coming draw. Such bulk invites might start only from jan 2018.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello seniors,
Quick question
1) what do you think this time crs point will close at?....... just an estimate based on experience.
2) and i am having difficulty in understanding the experience thing. I worked at one company for 6 months and then was not working for a month and half and then worked for other company for 10 months will this be counted as 1 year experience??

Thanks
It should be 16 months for you if the NOC is same.

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Tried last option to increase CRS points this year by requesting for remarking of my Writing exam. Picked up the result today and sadly it's unchanged. Sitting at 407 now with the following IELTS score (9,8,8,6.5 - LSRW). Had my writing score increased by .5 my CRS points would jump to 451. Guess it's not yet time, will continue to wait next year.

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Tried last option to increase CRS points this year by requesting for remarking of my Writing exam. Picked up the result today and sadly it's unchanged. Sitting at 407 now with the following IELTS score (9,8,8,6.5 - LSRW). Had my writing score increased by .5 my CRS points would jump to 451. Guess it's not yet time, will continue to wait next year.
You have done your best in everything except writing. I understand your plight. Don’t lose hope just 1 more time and you are there ! My best wishes

lekside33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Please give it a shot for a re-mark for your writing in your IELTS examinations...

Reactions: maria0314

VarSri

Nov 17, 2017
Hi,
I have a question with regards to Jobs in Canada. I am very new to this forum hence looking for advice and recommendations.
Can we apply for jobs from India after getting the ITA. Also are there any chances of getting the job offer before going to Canada and then searching for a job?

Itty

Nov 15, 2017
Hi all. My ECA hasn't come yet. My status remains unchanged from "we are reviewing your evaluation report" since 14/11/17. I have written a couple of Mails to them, but no result. What should I do? I'll miss tomorrow's draw :(

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Please give it a shot for a re-mark for your writing in your IELTS examinations...
Yes, I actually just received the result of the remarking today and my score remains at 6.5. I suspect it is due to my paragraphing or my horrible penmanship. Just so depressing how such small difference can be life changing :(

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
You have done your best in everything except writing. I understand your plight. Don’t lose hope just 1 more time and you are there ! My best wishes
Thank you! Im considering to re-sit the exam if no significant progress in our application by end of Q1 next year. We're also going to try the provincial nomination route.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Ladies and gentlemen, I have perfect news for those who have difficulty to get DUBAI PCC, yesterday I sent them a message regarding PCC procedure and just got good news: as of now everyone who lives outside of Dubai may apply online for a PCC and the most important part is that NO Emirates ID number required. Here is their website link: www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
Apply online, search good conduct certificate request from outside UAE, choose that you don't have Emirates ID and available cellphone number, and you are good to go. Just wanted to share with you all as I got an official confirmation by Dubai Investigation department on PCC issue, applicable fee is 150 dirham if you request English PCC or 50 if it's Arabic version. Good luck everyone!

aman.6677

Nov 11, 2017
hello members .. my first ever post here...
I've 2 years post secondary diploma as per WES.
CRS is 410 with L 8.5 R 7.5 W 7 S 7.
max i can get with CLB 10 is 419.
should i try for that?
age is 28.
do you guys think that like last year.. there is a hope for me?

Reactions: FaithandFavor