+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
hello members .. my first ever post here...
I've 2 years post secondary diploma as per WES.
CRS is 410 with L 8.5 R 7.5 W 7 S 7.
max i can get with CLB 10 is 419.
should i try for that?
age is 28.
do you guys think that like last year.. there is a hope for me?
There is always hope. Using past draws as a benchmark then the lowest they have gone is 413, however, the experts have stated that it's probable that the scores may go a bit lower.......you should probably be open to OINP as well. Additionally there are other provincial programs like Alberta and Manitoba that have announced changed to their programs come January so possibilities are endless for you. Just exercise some patience and you will get an IT A soon!

Cheers and welx!

aman.6677

Nov 11, 2017
There is always hope. Using past draws as a benchmark then the lowest they have gone is 413, however, the experts have stated that it's probable that the scores may go a bit lower.......you should probably be open to OINP as well. Additionally there are other provincial programs like Alberta and Manitoba that have announced changed to their programs come January so possibilities are endless for you. Just exercise some patience and you will get an IT A soon!

Cheers and welx!
thanks for positive response :D .
OINP requires minimum graduation as for now so not thinking about that. but yes.. lower CRS and other PNPs can do magic. I'm being hopeful and scared too.

Reactions: andieangel

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
Hi all. My ECA hasn't come yet. My status remains unchanged from "we are reviewing your evaluation report" since 14/11/17. I have written a couple of Mails to them, but no result. What should I do? I'll miss tomorrow's draw :(
My report also says we are reviewing your evaluation report but the day it accepts all docs in the next line it also says “ your evaluation report is due for completion on 12/12/2017 in my case and also showed a date it will be completed when I applied fECA for my wife

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Tried last option to increase CRS points this year by requesting for remarking of my Writing exam. Picked up the result today and sadly it's unchanged. Sitting at 407 now with the following IELTS score (9,8,8,6.5 - LSRW). Had my writing score increased by .5 my CRS points would jump to 451. Guess it's not yet time, will continue to wait next year.
Man neve lose hope. You know you can do it. Its just not this time

Nikita Pant

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Doc's Request.
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts about tomorrow's draw? Hoping for people on this platform to make it through tomorrow or in the near future. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Samroze

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
My report also says we are reviewing your evaluation report but the day it accepts all docs in the next line it also says “ your evaluation report is due for completion on 12/12/2017 in my case and also showed a date it will be completed when I applied fECA for my wife
Donot worry
Same thing happened with me. It usually takes 2 - 3 weeks after they have received your documents.
It might go from we have received to evaluating to done in last 2 - 3 days as well.

Nikita Pant

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Doc's Request.
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
WES usually finishes the final report a few days before the due date. You might make it through the final draw before the year ends. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: Hassan.Fahm

deofevente

Oct 15, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I have perfect news for those who have difficulty to get DUBAI PCC, yesterday I sent them a message regarding PCC procedure and just got good news: as of now everyone who lives outside of Dubai may apply online for a PCC and the most important part is that NO Emirates ID number required. Here is their website link: www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
Apply online, search good conduct certificate request from outside UAE, choose that you don't have Emirates ID and available cellphone number, and you are good to go. Just wanted to share with you all as I got an official confirmation by Dubai Investigation department on PCC issue, applicable fee is 150 dirham if you request English PCC or 50 if it's Arabic version. Good luck everyone!
Biometric card photocopy - Finger print scanning & Attestation still required as attachment or no need?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello seniors,
Quick question
1) what do you think this time crs point will close at?....... just an estimate based on experience.
2) and i am having difficulty in understanding the experience thing. I worked at one company for 6 months and then was not working for a month and half and then worked for other company for 10 months will this be counted as 1 year experience??

Thanks
1. Nobody knows but could be upper 430s.

2. Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.

If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible under this program.

In your case you do not have continuous 1year experence for your primary NOC. So you do not seem to be eligible now, however if you had 1 year continuous expereince previously in NOC 0, A or B category then you can join EE. Otherwise you should wait till you get 1 complete year of experience at your current job without extended break.
Good Luck!

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
Tried last option to increase CRS points this year by requesting for remarking of my Writing exam. Picked up the result today and sadly it's unchanged. Sitting at 407 now with the following IELTS score (9,8,8,6.5 - LSRW). Had my writing score increased by .5 my CRS points would jump to 451. Guess it's not yet time, will continue to wait next year.
Looking at your scores, I believe it won't be difficult for you to get 7+ in Writing. I suggest you re-take IELTS if you r thinking about it... A little more preparation would get that 0.5 points that you need.. Things like alligning your answer to the topic, proper opening and closing of letter/essay, discussing for and against the topic (Task 2) with relevant information that correlates your view point would all give you the additional points.. You're your best judge anyways.. just added my few cents here.. good luck

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
That would be very silly on your part at the least. Retake IELTS and if needed take it once more.
Who knows whats CRS cut-offs gonna be next year. Plus you will loose 6-7 pts of your age as well. What you're getting now as 451, you will hardly get 445 then. What if cut off doesn't go down 450 then? Wait for one more year?

No. Retake IELTS and if still not CLB9, retake again. You have to get CLB9. Either this year or next. Why not work on it when the learning of IELTS is fresh in your mind?

hema93

Oct 2, 2017
Hello members,
After receiving ITA, my friend has declared 4 months of self employment in the personal history section (not counted towards points) Should she provide proof for that in the additional documents section? Is it mandatory? She has only tax return assessment from CRA as proof for that. Thank you!