+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

raxdsouza

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi Mentors...

I have query related to spouse work experience.
She has non canadian work experience.

As tht does not add to my score. So should i remove it from my EE profile.
Because I read some where that post ITA we will have a placeholder to enter reference letter for spouse as well.

Plz help.

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Pretty much, you are on the right track! Many job ads are offering post doc positions or research positions that require a PhD. Then again as you said, you can also just go to a University web, almost every lab/institute is hiring on some level!
Are you doing postdoc? I heard that postdoc salary in Canada is very low? 40k per year?

Navneet23

Jul 30, 2017
You have done your best in everything except writing. I understand your plight. Don’t lose hope just 1 more time and you are there ! My best wishes
Yeah..do't loose hope...I was sailing in same boat..writing always screwed me..it was 5th time lucky for me :)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello,
Thank you for your detailed response. I just called CIC and confirmed the information you have provided. They said it should not be continous. i asked her in detail she said before when there was FSW only then it has to be continuous. Since your experience is in canada so you do not need to have it continuously. i said i got laid off and i was searching for job so she said for your peace of mind just write an explanation letter to VO that you were searching for a job. but she said in one year you should be full time employed and should be 1,560 hours with some exceptions apply. you cannot claim that you have 1,560 hours and you worked for 7 or 8 months.
for me she said you can claim 1 year points in EE.
now i dont know whether this rules specifically applies to FSW. no idea.... just wanted to clearify
Thanks
My friend, in your query you didn't mention you are a CEC applicant. I gave you information regarding work experience from outside Canada. Yes the rules for Canadian experience are different. You can claim point for 1 year from different jobs (must be skill type 0, A or B) within last 3 years. The information provided by the IRCC representative is abosolutely correct. Work experience must be completed over a 12 months period span. You cannot work 1560 hours in 7-8 months and claim points for 12 months. In your case you have about 16 months full time experience from two jobs in the last 3 years so You are good to go. Here are the IRCC rules-

To be eligible for the CEC, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
  • Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least
  • 12 months of full-time work
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the main duties listed.
If you don’t show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will not accept your application.

Shamita

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Little off topic here , but even if we get ITA , how is one going to survive in Canada?
I have heard some horror stories of highly educated and experienced people working at very low positions in Canada for survival because they don't entertain non-canadian experience.
I haven't found any one discussing about this in the forum.If any one know the link to this discussion , please paste the link here

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Are you doing postdoc? I heard that postdoc salary in Canada is very low? 40k per year?
Im doing a PhD. For a PhD can be pretty low (that would be a scholarship you get from your supervisor/mentor) but if you have good grades, lets say from B+ range up, you can get several scholarships.. what's good in Canada, the more scholarships you get, the more you qualify for the other ones! So you can take up a few scholarships that offer the highest amounts of money... so in the end it turns out they are paying your tuition fees which can be 8/10K per year, and you get a solid "paycheck" while you are studying/doing research. You can take on Teacher assistant positions as you like and earn even more, those are being payed per terms. 40k per year could be your earnings while doing a PhD for example (or more if you take on Teacher assistantships), which is more than enough + your income is not taxable, you have free transport etc., and it will pay off when you get your degree. It all depends on the field I guess. About the PostDoc, I seriously doubt it can be so low, and again, there are scholarships, awards.. You've got to keep up good grades and be active in research if you want more money.

Last edited:

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
About the PostDoc, I seriuously doubt it can be so low, and again, there are scholarships, awards.. You've got to keep up good grades if you want more money.
I have searched and found some positions with that low salary. And I havenot found many good industry research positions either (agricultural) So I am pretty worried about the job prospect.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
I am suffering the same Hisham!

In Saudi Currently. Through agent got my Qatar PCC but the date of entry is incorrect though I entered on Work Visa only and not visit or business visa. Now I can't get it corrected. Stuck!
Contact your agent again. This can be changed, you just need to show them proof.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I have searched and found some positions with that low salary. And I havenot found many good industry research positions either (agricultural) So I am pretty worried about the job prospect.
But the postdoc doesn't last so long right? I'm sure you would be able to find something good with a PhD too. Especially in agriculture! In Canada! Come on. They are producing a lot, especially organic agriculture is very much developed. Everybody here is eating healthy (except those who like hamburgers hehe).. every company/farm has to have a qualified personnell who will ensure the standards of production are being followed. I'm sure you have to dig some more, but you will find something good. I was also looking into it but don't really have the experience that's needed.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
hi there, do you have you old ID number? Apparently, you can choose inside Dubai and provide your number, pay the fee, that's it, as they have everyone's fingerprints they didn't ask me, just did my new request online :) Got the confirmation letter, really official paper indeed ;)
I have an old visa number not ID number. I left UAE in 2012 when Emirates ID was not made mandatory. But I am sure they have my prints in record as I applied PCCs multiple times when I was a resident.

It would be the most convenient thing if i could apply online without disturbing anyone for my work.

Can you pls tell me, how many days it took you to receive the PCC through online procedure?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Reactions: andieangel and Itty

WanderWomanToo

Nov 28, 2017
Hi. I'm new in this forum though I have been stalking since October.

I plan to take up 1 yr certificate program (Professional Teaching Certificate) here in my home country and eventually take Licensure exams for the sake of boosting my CRS score further. Does anyone here have any successful experience with WES regarding this? My Bachelor's degree has been accredited as a Bachelor's degree by WES.

I plan to take it up in the same institution where I took my Bachelor's degree though through Open University (online).

Thanks for any reply in advance.