+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello, I am expecting my ITA today. Post ITA I need to submit documents. At the same time only, that is while submitting documents I need to show proof of funds?
If yes, currently I am having a fixed deposit(FD) in my name. But that FD is going to mature in February and that will be deposited into my salary account (which is my salary account but I have added my mother as a joint account holder). Will that be a problem to show in proof of funds as she is a joint account holder?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello, I am expecting my ITA today. Post ITA I need to submit documents. At the same time only, that is while submitting documents I need to show proof of funds?
If yes, currently I am having a fixed deposit(FD) in my name. But that FD is going to mature in February and that will be deposited into my salary account (which is my salary account but I have added my mother as a joint account holder). Will that be a problem to show in proof of funds as she is a joint account holder?
I recall seeing this query in another thread. You can turn your account back into a single account for the purpose of PR and open another account with her in the same bank. That should take care of it.

As for expiry of FD, if you submit the proofs and documents before February, I think it might be fine.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Reactions: abhcan

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I recall seeing this query in another thread. You can turn your account back into a single account for the purpose of PR and open another account with her in the same bank. That should take care of it.

As for expiry of FD, if you submit the proofs and documents before February, I think it might be fine.
Yeah, so if I submit my proofs before February, but processing might take time at IRCC's end, in the meantime if the FD expires even when verification is in progress, will that be fine?
Also, if I all of a sudden remove her from my account, will that not be questionable?
Is it good to add my spouse instead by replacing her? That might seem logical as well and will not be questioned.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone!

Here we go, we will have a good draw, coz it's draw day! ;)
We need to make this refresh party lively dear friends :):cool:
Wake up my little brother @Karnesh you will take your crucial role as a DJ :)
And finally I would love to see new dancing skills from my big brother @TanakaM
All the best everyone!
@andieangel is gonna be our lady who spreads hopes as always :):):)

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Yeah, so if I submit my proofs before February, but processing might take time at IRCC's end, in the meantime if the FD expires even when verification is in progress, will that be fine?
Also, if I all of a sudden remove her from my account, will that not be questionable?
Is it good to add my spouse instead by replacing her? That might seem logical as well and will not be questioned.
I would recommend that you provide proof of funds from an account with your spouse. Is your spouse accompanying you? Which of you is the primary applicant?

How long ago did you add your mom to your account? I'm sure you can explain her removal in an LoE, especially as this is your salary account.

I cannot comment on the expiry of the FD. I think the funds would simply revert to your account so you could always explain the same using a Letter of Explanation.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello everyone!

All the best everyone!
Good luck everyone!

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I would recommend that you provide proof of funds from an account with your spouse. Is your spouse accompanying you? Which of you is the primary applicant?

How long ago did you add your mom to your account? I'm sure you can explain her removal in an LoE, especially as this is your salary account.

I cannot comment on the expiry of the FD. I think the funds would simply revert to your account so you could always explain the same using a Letter of Explanation.
Yeah my spouse will be accompanying me and I am the primary applicant.

My mom is a joint account holder probably more than 2-3 years I guess. But I am married since almost since 10 months, changing mother's name to spouse's name shall be fine now? After such a long time.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Yeah my spouse will be accompanying me and I am the primary applicant.

My mom is a joint account holder probably more than 2-3 years I guess. But I am married since almost since 10 months, changing mother's name to spouse's name shall be fine now? After such a long time.
I don't see why IRCC should care. You definitely need a single account or one with your spouse. If they don't care if we add the spouse to the account so it shouldn't matter that you chose to make it a single account. You could do it before the ITA.

You can also show funds from your spouses account since he is accompanying you.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone!

All the best everyone!
Lol... we are ready.