+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 78th Draw

KJB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hello All,

I received the NOI from Ontario and finished filling the mandatory fields in the application yesterday.

I tried to make the payment using the credit card but unfortunately I received the error below within 5 seconds.
I did not refresh the page or do anything and it automatically threw an error. I received the message that the amount (1500 CAD) has been deducted from the credit card already but the status of the application has not changed to "submitted". The current status is still 'waiting for submission'.

I have currently sent an email to OINP.technical-POCI.technique@ontario.ca but havent received any update yet on this.

Did anyone receive the same error while making the payment?

Error:
[1]error running sub-process 'CMOD Initialize Online Payment' at step 'Run'.(SBL-BPR-00183)
[2]error.Please try again.If you continue to encounter problems, please email the ministry for assistance.(SBL-BPR-00132)

Any quick help is appreciated as the deadline to submit the application is approaching.
Hi when did you receive NOI? Is it this month?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I second that. We really need a miracle. Are we really too old to contribute something to Canada? I hope CIC reviews the age thing. This is the Ray of Hope after all.
Are you also 40+?
Unfortunately I think they are going to keep favoring the younger immigrants, especially those under 30, because Canada's population is aging. Like in many developed countries, people are living longer and having fewer kids, so the average age is going up. However, we are also staying healthier for longer, and as we say over here, 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30, so we can still be young and healthy even when our dates of birth say we are old ... :oops:

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Folks, any chances of a draw happeneing tomorrow (the 15th)? They just issued 2,000 ITA's last week, so we may be in with a decent chance of a draw either tmorrow or a much bigger one on the 22nd.

Interesting that the CIC hasn't updated the Express Entry pool data since October 26th on their website...

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I have another concern w.r.t work experience letter for my previous employment. During 2013-15, I was working as a management consultant and deputed for an Government IT project. The project was awarded to a leading consulting firm who in turn had engaged a third party manpower provider for providing resources.

My terms of association with this third party facilitator was on retainer ship engagement model. I was an independent vendor providing consulting services. Also the ITRs I filed for those 2 yrs was of a self-employed professional. Presently that company is no longer operational. I have following documents available as of now-
  • Original agreements (incremental) and an revision of service charges (addendum)
  • Bank a/c statements
  • Form 16 & subsequent ITRs
  • Resignation Acceptance & Termination of Contract confirmation (on emails)
Reporting manager for this engagement is presently working with some other organization and has agreed to provide me with an undertaking, specifying the job duties, in format I deem suitable. Additionally I have also contacted the client (A senior bureaucrat overseeing the project) and he has also agreed to provide me a reference letter specifying the job duties performed on his official letter head. Need your guidance on the below points-

1. Ex-reporting manager has a scanned copy of his ID card available but not visiting card. Would this suffice as an acceptable supporting document?

2. Can both the reference letters (Ex- Manager & Client) have the same set of job duties? Would that create any kind of doubt on assessing officer's mind?

Regards
Hi @Tarakeshwar... Thank you for your reply earlier. It is entreated to assist me with regards to above post.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/tarakeshwar.688767/

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
but such a long wait will bring the crs up wouldnt it? ........... what are the chances of it comming back to 448?
Isn't 2 weeks the normal wait?

If the next draw happens on Nov 22, the CRS should come down to the 440-449 range.