+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Job offer is extremely hard if you're living outside Canada, there's no reason for an employer to give you an offer when there's plenty of workers near them, unless it's something very specific.

The best routes for improving scores are, in my opinion:

1º - Max IELTS ( Minimum CLB9 in all four tests, 3 additional points for each CLB10).
2º - PNP ( the disadvantage here is that you're limited to one province, not my favourite).
3º - Study french and grab some points from TEF. After the june 6th changes, IRCC is giving A LOT of points for people with good french.

Job Offer is extremely different even if you live in Canada. I work in a reputed bank here in Canada. But, that is not considered a valid offer. The valid offer is something that goes through the LMIA process which most companies don't agree to.

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Please help
I have created my EE profile
And mentioned that i have a relative in canada. Actually that relative is my wife's aunt, not mine.
And i have not included my wife in my EE profile, because i lose 5 points if i add my wife in my profile.
What shud i do??
A. Mention your wife in your application. As you have to mention her even if she is not accompanying you.
B. I’m not sure if your aunt constitutes as a relative in federal express entry. Other members can confirm. So i would suggest you remove her in the application.
Best of luck.

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017
I have read a lot of people losing all hope or something like that. Friends, it is just the beginning of journey and we are still in 2017, soon CIC will start using 2018 quota and you will see some magic numbers and of course with amazing scores :);)
Above 430 CRS, please do not ask your chances, you should know this is going to happen very soon and I pray for you all to have an ITA before 2018, so that only patiently waiting people like with 400 CRS will stay here, no offense!
We are active members, we are not that many, but we can answer to some serious questions, but please remember that we can't answer to those questions which were asked several times, so sorry for not having your desired answer from my active friends, they are so tired, am I right @Karnesh ? Like @TanakaM said earlier, if you can try to increase your score with your IELTS, Work, Education or learning French, I do agree with this.
And, for PNP stream, there are so many other related threads where you can find so many useful info. By the way, congrats my friend @trumprefugee and others, they were waiting for a long time, happy for them and hope you all be nominated in 5-15 days like my little brother @Karnesh ;):cool:
Do you guys lose your hope, please look at our Secretary General, her excellency @andieangel and read some her posts, you will be like newborn with lots of hopes ;) Please don't forget our second angel @Wandering Mind about her efforts and giving a hope to all of you. Thank you my dear Andie and Wandering Mind for that, you are truly Angels here :)

Hope also for a back-to-back draws this week and next with increased ITA numbers, of course that will lead to lower score :);):rolleyes: I do believe score will fall down in 2018 even lower than it was in this year (413), but we need some time and people who don't want to wait anymore, look at us with lower scores, we are here for 2-3 years, please don't say you are here for 1-2 months and tired of waiting.

If you don't like my post, try to find that invisible 'dislike' button :p:D:p while you are searching it, there will be more draws and you will be invited :D:D:D
All the best to all of us in our ITA waiting journey,
Awesome pessacanada...... As always refreshing and positive

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
let me bust a few myths about Ontario PNP and a bit about EE PNP in general:

1. Ontario PNP program does not cancel your application; you will always receive PFL letter.

My experience is still from the time before the online application. However there were reported cases, when application was cancelled for missing documents. (missing photos, not written Name and DOB on the back of the photo, missing passport pages, missing birth certificates). In that case applicants got no PFL and their whole application package was returned with simple note, what was missing.
I do not follow the online applicants, but I assume, that they have the very right to do this as well.
Standard PFL will be issued, when your documentation is weak (they are not satisfied with the explanation and they need to see more evidence or better worded evidence).

2. When you have PNP you cannot be rejected on ITA stage, while using same documents.

It is not always like that. Sometimes certain documents do satisfy your province but not the federal officer. (for example, it is very common to be rejected because of your POF are coming from all kind of pension funds or investments)

3. PNP application is a very long process.

No, actually it is not (or it should not be). If you put together your documentation clearly and you were thinking a little bit beyond what is the minimum requirement, you might not even get a request for additional documents and all can be done within 2-3 months (for example one of the favorite thing to check from Ontario was , if you had a valid stay and work permit, when working abroad) (or if you only sent proof for 1 year of work experience, but forgetting that you also need to prove them your CRS points and entrance points - so up to 6 years of international work experience and up to 8 years of Canadian work experience).
Unfortunately the pace of this process is sometimes pure lottery - in 2015 they started to collect applicants and then in early 2016 went to some kind of strike or such. Which resulted into tediously slow process (they were taking their time just to show how overwhelmed they are). There is no for an applicant to somehow avoid this situation. And same can happen on federal stage as well.
But in general not too complicated applications can be cleared within 3 months (provided that you have shown the needed documents). And more complicated ones (self employment), would be somewhere 5-6 months.

4. PNP applicants have to wait much longer on the federal stage.

Not really. There is only one thing, that will delay parts of the process. At certain point (most of the time after your medicals are cleared and document completeness is checked), they do wait for the monthly PNP sheets from provinces. Here you are on mercy how fast or slow do provinces provide this information to the federal (and more like my guessing, they might even require one additional documents check to ensure that you meet 400 points criteria for OINP or employment with a certain salary criteria for BC PNP).
However at the same time the very longest of all - security clearance. So for the most simple cases, this might be app. 1 - 2 months delay, but for those where longer security check is needed, there is no delay when compared to other application with the same request.
Most of the delays are happening when you are waiting in the queue for your turn at embassies, and that is something you cannot influence (if your LVO is SGVO or NDVO, then you will be waiting).

5. PNP are waste of money.

Let face it, immigration is not a kids game and also it is no free meal. But even with most expensive of them - OINP, the cost is still lower compared to other ways (to go to study to Canada).
In exchange you get very good feel on your documents (so PNP do make mistakes only in PCC, but they do not tend to have problem to identify their NOC properly).
It will give you right to make the first mistake (like PCC) and still not to be worried not to get your next ITA.
And speaking of ITA it will give you almost certainty, that you will get yours within next 2-3 weeks, so it is way less stress about your points and predictions and more about getting what was still missing ready (PCC and medicals).
So if you have top score, wait for the direct ITA, but if you are dangling a bit below or around current ITA level, PNP is a good way (of course if you can find one suitable for you).
In any case you can still jump on a direct ITA and withdraw your application later.
And yes, you can be only picky, if you are on the top, but if you are not, then any province is good enough to start in.

6. Certain documents are waste of money.
Translating birth certificates of all family members is not waste of money. You do not know when will you need them. In addition, you only need 1 translation that is good for all. Same goes for your diplomas, or marriage certificate. All of those will stay with you.
And it is not uncommon for your employer in Canada to ask for previous reference letters, school diplomas or others, so when you have the package for immigration, you can use it as well.
Great Analysis,

You are absolutely spot on, for us folks, having crs < 400 ,it was really a jackpot to get NOI from Ontario under ICT NOC, and even after waiting for a few months, to get the nomination, every thing seems fine now, along with the fact that,document checklist is up to date as well, apart from PCC and medicals of course.

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
The stages are Submitted, Assessment, Decision in Progress (DIP), Approval, Nomination. If your application is missing a document or any documents are insufficient, you will get Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) after DIP, then get back to DIP. OINP communicates only when you are nominated or you receive PFL, but you can log into your account any time to check your status (although let's all try not to log in more than once or twice a day to avoid overwhelming their servers ;)). Sometimes people receive an email from CIC about their nomination before they receive the email from OINP.

Thank you my friend. Your answers are really helpful.

Reactions: trumprefugee

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer is extremely different even if you live in Canada. I work in a reputed bank here in Canada. But, that is not considered a valid offer. The valid offer is something that goes through the LMIA process which most companies don't agree to.
I agree with @kdeepak003... I am working in reputed bank as well but to apply for PR for Employee, they are not helping through LMIA....:)

Reactions: Lala1234

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Try to find it my friend, I'm sure you will be nominated before you find that 'dislike' button :D:D:D
I really need to work on my eye sight, the '1' was inconspicuous between 4&6. Now on the trek to find that dislike button :D

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
November 7, 2017

Re: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream has reached its registration intake limit

Please note that Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream has reached the registration intake limit. No additional registrations for this stream can be accepted.

The OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation, and will determine if any more applications can be accepted for this stream.

Please monitor this OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.

Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information on the OINP.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
let me bust a few myths about Ontario PNP and a bit about EE PNP in general:

1. Ontario PNP program does not cancel your application; you will always receive PFL letter.

My experience is still from the time before the online application. However there were reported cases, when application was cancelled for missing documents. (missing photos, not written Name and DOB on the back of the photo, missing passport pages, missing birth certificates). In that case applicants got no PFL and their whole application package was returned with simple note, what was missing.
I do not follow the online applicants, but I assume, that they have the very right to do this as well.
Standard PFL will be issued, when your documentation is weak (they are not satisfied with the explanation and they need to see more evidence or better worded evidence).

2. When you have PNP you cannot be rejected on ITA stage, while using same documents.

It is not always like that. Sometimes certain documents do satisfy your province but not the federal officer. (for example, it is very common to be rejected because of your POF are coming from all kind of pension funds or investments)

3. PNP application is a very long process.

No, actually it is not (or it should not be). If you put together your documentation clearly and you were thinking a little bit beyond what is the minimum requirement, you might not even get a request for additional documents and all can be done within 2-3 months (for example one of the favorite thing to check from Ontario was , if you had a valid stay and work permit, when working abroad) (or if you only sent proof for 1 year of work experience, but forgetting that you also need to prove them your CRS points and entrance points - so up to 6 years of international work experience and up to 8 years of Canadian work experience).
Unfortunately the pace of this process is sometimes pure lottery - in 2015 they started to collect applicants and then in early 2016 went to some kind of strike or such. Which resulted into tediously slow process (they were taking their time just to show how overwhelmed they are). There is no for an applicant to somehow avoid this situation. And same can happen on federal stage as well.
But in general not too complicated applications can be cleared within 3 months (provided that you have shown the needed documents). And more complicated ones (self employment), would be somewhere 5-6 months.

4. PNP applicants have to wait much longer on the federal stage.

Not really. There is only one thing, that will delay parts of the process. At certain point (most of the time after your medicals are cleared and document completeness is checked), they do wait for the monthly PNP sheets from provinces. Here you are on mercy how fast or slow do provinces provide this information to the federal (and more like my guessing, they might even require one additional documents check to ensure that you meet 400 points criteria for OINP or employment with a certain salary criteria for BC PNP).
However at the same time the very longest of all - security clearance. So for the most simple cases, this might be app. 1 - 2 months delay, but for those where longer security check is needed, there is no delay when compared to other application with the same request.
Most of the delays are happening when you are waiting in the queue for your turn at embassies, and that is something you cannot influence (if your LVO is SGVO or NDVO, then you will be waiting).

5. PNP are waste of money.

Let face it, immigration is not a kids game and also it is no free meal. But even with most expensive of them - OINP, the cost is still lower compared to other ways (to go to study to Canada).
In exchange you get very good feel on your documents (so PNP do make mistakes only in PCC, but they do not tend to have problem to identify their NOC properly).
It will give you right to make the first mistake (like PCC) and still not to be worried not to get your next ITA.
And speaking of ITA it will give you almost certainty, that you will get yours within next 2-3 weeks, so it is way less stress about your points and predictions and more about getting what was still missing ready (PCC and medicals).
So if you have top score, wait for the direct ITA, but if you are dangling a bit below or around current ITA level, PNP is a good way (of course if you can find one suitable for you).
In any case you can still jump on a direct ITA and withdraw your application later.
And yes, you can be only picky, if you are on the top, but if you are not, then any province is good enough to start in.

6. Certain documents are waste of money.
Translating birth certificates of all family members is not waste of money. You do not know when will you need them. In addition, you only need 1 translation that is good for all. Same goes for your diplomas, or marriage certificate. All of those will stay with you.
And it is not uncommon for your employer in Canada to ask for previous reference letters, school diplomas or others, so when you have the package for immigration, you can use it as well.
I guess the below is not a myth at least with respect to current processing times after ITA when compared to non-PNP folks.
PNP applicants have to wait much longer on the federal stage.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Experts need your help :)

What should I put as the institute name in EE profile,

1. Degree certificate and transcript states University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. The ECA states as University of Wales.
2. HND certificate and results sheet states Edexcel. The ECA states as Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC)

What should I put?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Experts need your help :)

What should I put as the institute name in EE profile,

1. Degree certificate and transcript states University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. The ECA states as University of Wales.
2. HND certificate and results sheet states Edexcel. The ECA states as Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC)

What should I put?
It is recommended to specify the name as mentioned in ECA report which would fend of any ambiguity.

Reactions: akila868

sadiqmaknojia

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
United Kingdom
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29/03/23
Med's Done....
04/05/23
The problem is the following:
Changing your spouse from non accompanying to accompanying after ITA and E-APR is not change in your family composition. Unlike adding a spouse that was not there before (marrying somebody).
And only in case of the family composition change, the immigration officer cannot recalculate your points.
But in your case he can very rightfully assume that you put your spouse as non accompanying for the sole purpose of getting more points. And in that case your CRS score can be recalculated as if at the moment of ITA and E-APR your spouse were accompanying you.
Which can lead to the situation, where Ontario would withdraw their nomination, as you would no longer meet one of their requirements.

If you want to go this road, you would have to sponsor your spouse later on. But I think, it might be easier for you to search the way how to get those 2-3 additional points (better language results or second language or such).

Good luck
my spouse will become British soon so by the time I will get Canada PR she will be able to fly with me as she wont need visa and I can process her PR while being in Canada? will that work?