+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hey guys! Thanks for thinking of me, especially @andieangel who PM-ed me! I did log in and register, although I had to refresh for a while because at first, I kept getting the message "Please note that the OINP has reached its registration intake limit for this stream. No new registrations will be accepted for this stream at this time. For more information please visit the OINP website."

So, I'm almost done with my application but found one significant difference between what is in the application instructions PDF and what is on the website. Specifically, we need to submit a copy of the front and back of a photo, with our name and date of birth written on the back. The application instructions did not mention needing a copy of the back of the photo or needing to write name and date of birth on the back, so I will need to do that when I get home tonight:

Photograph
Provide a copy of the front and back of a photograph of yourself that meets the following requirements:
  • Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • Your name and date of birth must be written on the back of your photo.
  • Note: Photographs that are not clear or are low-quality will not be accepted.
  • Include the name of the person in the file name, for example, “John Smith passport photo.jpg”.
Confusing... how do you sign the back of a digital photo? Does it mean it has to be printed out first, signed and then scanned? Is that how you're going to do it? I am not that far in my application process.

Oh, and does it mean you will have to upload two files, front and back?

Thanks.

Jeegaar

Jun 1, 2017
I have an NOI for OINP and my current EE score is 435. I am unable to decide whether I should wait for the next draw or should directly apply for OINP ?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Confusing... how do you sign the back of a digital photo? Does it mean it has to be printed out first, signed and then scanned? Is that how you're going to do it? I am not that far in my application process.

Oh, and does it mean you will have to upload two files, front and back?

Thanks.
You need to take a pic/scan of a physical photo. They want you to put each document in one file rather than multiple files, so best to put the front and back of the photo as 2 pages of a single file. Best to get a passport photo taken (and we're going to need passport photos to submit later on post ITA anyway). I had to get passport photos taken back in July when I first gathered my docs and realized that Ontario wants us to have passports that will be valid for at least 2 more years (my previous one was going to expire in April 2018), so I had to get my passport renewed.

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
You need to take a pic/scan of a physical photo. They want you to put each document in one file rather than multiple files, so best to put the front and back of the photo as 2 pages of a single file. Best to get a passport photo taken (and we're going to need passport photos to submit later on post ITA anyway). I had to get passport photos taken back in July when I first gathered my docs and realized that Ontario wants us to have passports that will be valid for at least 2 more years (my previous one was going to expire in April 2018), so I had to get my passport renewed.
Time to update your timeline

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Hey folks. My only chance for an ITA now is if OINP accepts ICT people under 400. Our profile was created on July 14. Should I recreate? I feel like we might only get one chance, and I would hate to be missed.

Or am I being paranoid? Any thoughts @BillHyatt ?

Reactions: Saidkhan

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hey Guys, I created my profile on October 31st! My crs is 435. How do I get to the pnp for Ontario? Do I need to do anything? Oinp send out an email with the NOI or do I need to take any step to get it? Thanks

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks but, are you sure these are relevant instructions for the e-filing process? It sounds like this is more pertinent to paper based applications as they used to have in the past. On the ONIP news page they still quote "oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf" as the relevant document and nowhere it reads about signing and scanning. Just one digital picture.

Last edited:

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Thank you for being kind, I cannot stand these kind of questions because I think anyone remotely interested in Canadian Immigration system knows that with 457 will get ITA in the next draw. I don’t want to waste my time answering these posts ever again, with all due respect!
Agree. I think they should have gone through the pages for information before asking such a question.
Didn't want to comment but I'm frustrated to read many of those questions with high CRS score LOL

Reactions: andieangel

canadianrockies84

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
This is regarding BC PNP, I currently have an ITA from BC based on a job offer. I am right now in US.
I want to know more about Work Permit support letter from BC. Will it issue this letter to me ?
What are the next steps after getting nomination from BC? Kindly help.