walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I need some advice in my case please.

I'm standing at 433, and I will be doing a CELPIP test next Friday to try scoring all 9's. My Canadian company has also agreed to sponsor me.
My question is if I should wait for the next draws or start the LMIA sponsoring process?
My post-grad work permit has just expired a few weeks ago. I'm still staying in Canada for the CELPIP test and also to wait for the draw.
Thanks all!
LMIA means your PR is sure shot, if you can wait, that is the safest option IMO

bmarwaha

May 30, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2173/2174
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-09-2017
Doc's Request.
14-06-2017
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
01-09-2017
The CRS might come down to 430 by the time you retake IELTS and get your scores, but if you have time, go for it.

I'll say that focusing hard on studying French, as well as getting moral support from the good people here, are helping me. I am in a much worse situation, 410 and going down to 399 in February, so I really need a provincial nomination but missed the July 25 deadline to apply for OINP by one day. This wait for OINP to reopen the HCP stream has been really hard on me and wearing me out a lot lately. In times like these, I need moral support as well as something interesting to consume my mind that would also help me with my goal, and that's what I'm doing with French study for now.

Thanks for your reply.

Do we have to do anything extra for Ontario Nominaiton.I have my express entry,will that be enough to get Nominated

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks for your reply.

Do we have to do anything extra for Ontario Nominaiton.I have my express entry,will that be enough to get Nominated
You do need to wait to receive NOI from Ontario before you can apply. But since closing the HCP stream on July 25, they have also stopped issuing NOIs to those of us who would qualify under HCP. Given that there were only 594 remaining as of October 10, I don't think they will start issuing NOIs again until next year, by which time you would almost certainly have gotten direct ITA. If you already have NOI, you can apply when they reopen the stream for applications, if your NOI is still valid at that time.

The documents required for OINP are similar to what's required after ITA. Of the post ITA documents required, only PCC and medical exam are not also required for OINP. Full details are in the application guide:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea that is if a majority/ or atleast 80% of people sitting for IELTS in a particular test date around the world is actually applying for Express Entry (which is usually not the case-hence why i said people do IELTS for a number of reasons).
You are right, its a theory. I am just trying to look at the macro scale picture realistically.
I am not saying that exact IELTS exam will influence exact ITA draw. But in a long term the race for perfection in language (which is achievable to all unlike additional university degree or work or study in Canada), will have impact on the ITA. Just 0.5 difference in your IELTS (or just 1 point in your TEF exam) can cost you 58 points of your CRS.
So yes, improving language score can help in 70 to 80% of cases (be it for the first language or adding the second language).

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Really? The embassy in new York? Do you have any idea about timeline?
per website, if appplication is submitted by in-person it will be issued on the same day if the passports was issued in NY.

Reactions: paladinav

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
I am not saying that exact IELTS exam will influence exact ITA draw. But in a long term the race for perfection in language (which is achievable to all unlike additional university degree or work or study in Canada), will have impact on the ITA. Just 0.5 difference in your IELTS (or just 1 point in your TEF exam) can cost you 58 points of your CRS.
So yes, improving language score can help in 70 to 80% of cases (be it for the first language or adding the second language).
I am not saying that exact IELTS exam will influence exact ITA draw. --> My point exactly.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I am not saying that exact IELTS exam will influence exact ITA draw. --> My point exactly.
Many Congratulations on your PPR ! Seems like both of us possess similar characteristics relative to the CRS Score- I was at 444 with CLB 10 in all modules too and received an invite on 4 Oct 2017.

All the best for the rest of your journey- GOD Bless !

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Many Congratulations on your PPR ! Seems like both of us possess similar characteristics relative to the CRS Score- I was at 444 with CLB 10 in all modules too and received an invite on 4 Oct 2017.

All the best for the rest of your journey- GOD Bless !
Hey many thanks friend!!! Wish you all the best too and speedy PPR:)

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Anyone from the U.S that has been picked for ITA today? Want to start a group discussion about the process going forward?