+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 74th Draw

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Experts, any idea about the validity of current employer's reference letter? let's say, If I get my reference letter today from my employer and get an ITA after few month, would the immigration officer ask for a fresh one?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
WES finally acknowledged receipt of my documents as of Oct 6th....now the painful wait begins. Hopefully it won't take long since they're US and Australian credentials....
I hope that you get it soon.

My UK credentials have taken 5 calendar weeks until now and i am hoping to receive report by end of this week. Due date is 12 October.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Once upon a time, the cut-off CRS points was 413... It was like a dream to the dream land! Will it come back again one day? :rolleyes:

Well.. if it reached 413 once, then it wasn't a dream :). It was a reality. And if it happened once, I don't see any reason why it can't happen again.
Infact, going that low shows how dedicated Canadian govt is in keeping it's quota target met.
I don't see the cut off going this low anytime soon but I also don't wanna argue on the point that it will go that low again one day :)

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi all ,

#Indian residing in UAE
#Age : 28
#NOC : 1123
#CRS : 403

IELTS ( First attempt ) : L:7.5 R:6 W:7.5 S:8
IELTS ( Second Attempt ) :L:9 R:6 W:6.5 S:8

CLB 9 minimum will take my score to 469 & I feel dreadful to sit again for IELTS which is for the 3rd time

Any advice ....? TIA
Just one..Prepare well on the area you lack & Do It. Again and again until you get CLB9.
There are few folks who sit in IELTS 7-8 times to get the needed CLB9.
The fact is, there is nothing else that can boost your score as good as getting CLB9.
I missed it by 0.5 band the first time but luckily got it in my second.
It is also perceived by many that IELTS itself doesn't give the needed 8777 score to general applicants in their first/second try.
Why would they - They will get almost 12000 INR you sit in the exam and who doesn't want extra dough when they very well know you are bound to take the IELTS until you get your CLB9 :D

Last edited:

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
There is this general perception that they do not give the points because they want more money, but it is not true.
If you are band 8 in reading you will get band 8, no question about this. Just practice and improve your English in every way possible. Read a lot, write a lot, listen a lot to news documentaries and so on.

Reactions: Jakev

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
There is this general perception that they do not give the points because they want more money, but it is not true.
If you are band 8 in reading you will get band 8, no question about this. Just practice and improve your English in every way possible. Read a lot, write a lot, listen a lot to news documentaries and so on.
Agree. IELTS can't mess with Reading and Listening as both these modules, being objective, give very less scope of examiner perception and views.
But when it comes to the Speaking and Writing, every examiner validates you on his/her own perception and ideas and here comes the difference.
For instance, most of Indian applicants don't get good score in Writing and Speaking despite doing their best.
The thing is here the answers are subjective and one can find reasons of not giving good score based on his/her understanding of the content written and spoken. It is also very hard to argue the written module since it is subjective and essay/letter can give you one/two loopholes if you are determined to find one.

Maybe I am wrong. Just saying what I have heard what fellow applicants were discussing while I was waiting in queue to take IELTS last time.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Agree. IELTS can't mess with Reading and Listening as both these modules, being objective, give very less scope of examiner perception and views.
But when it comes to the Speaking and Writing, every examiner validates you on his/her own perception and ideas and here comes the difference.
For instance, most of Indian applicants don't get good score in Writing and Speaking despite doing their best.
The thing is here the answers are subjective and one can find reasons of not giving good score based on his/her understanding of the content written and spoken. It is also very hard to argue the written module since it is subjective and essay/letter can give you one/two loopholes if you are determined to find one.

Maybe I am wrong. Just saying what I have heard what fellow applicants were discussing while I was waiting in queue to take IELTS last time.
Thanks for your candor. However, I beg to differ greatly here- I have never scored below a 7 in Writing or 8 in Speaking in 3 of my IELTS Tests in India thus far (The 1st one was Academic which I had undertaken circa 12 years ago).

I took the test the 2nd time as I presumed the Listening test to be relatively easier, and I was thoroughly mistaken- Practice Reading and Listening tests, and the IELTS test is a breeze to scrape through for most. My $0.02 here.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
In Speaking they tend to be more lenient (I am talking about Albania). As far as writing is concerned I agree that there is objectivity but then again there are rules and structures to be followed to achieve a higher mark. For example every paragraph should have a topic sentence, or you should add detail and examples

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Hi @Abishek_89 .. I've been following your predictions and it's interesting how close they are. Just want to know if there is any background information or patterns your basing this on, especially for draw 76 (a consecutive draw in second week).

We're sitting at 430. If my spouse resits for ielts and improves score just a little, we could soar up to the 450s. We're also going to lose 5 points on Nov 19. But we're also tempted to wait out another month and not pay for another ielts test. But then the fear of missing our on an ITA this year looms back, as we are planning to do landing next summer 2018 if at all possible! So we may even jump on an OINP wagon (which is more costly than redoing the ielts)...
I had already explained the rationale behind the prediction of the draw dates in my previous post.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-74th-draw.520977/page-18#post-6410416