+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
So this may be a question that is not so relevant right now. For those that have already got a PPR, are you planning to land and just continue to stay in Canada or are you planning to do the landing and then come back at a later time?

Am asking since getting a job etc has to be planned. How are you guys planning for those things?

Just something that has been on my mind.
I'll be arriving with work and student visas - no PR yet. But I plan on an advance trip up.

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Tomorrow sees my last day at 427 as I lose 5 points on my birthday next week. What a waiting game this is! Positive vibes being sent out for 427 draw tomorrow!:):confused:
If not tomorrow you still will receive ITA for sure maybe in Dec or early 2018
Be patient sooner or later you will be in Canada
Immigration plans are positive so no need to worry
All the best

Oranevejohnny

Sep 24, 2017
Sure

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
The Police certificate that your spouse provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in Qatar. Your spouse has indicated in her address/personal history that she resided in Qatar from 2014/12/23 to 2017/07/29. The police certificate provided only covers the period of time spent in Qatar starting from 2015/02/16."

The police department by default gives you a PCC covering the period of your residency, not counting the time you were on a family visit visa, which my wife had for a little less than two months.

I had no idea and didn't check the dates
We're in the same situation. Got ITA on May 31st and refused because we didnt include police clearance cert for USA. Waiting for re-enfry on 425 but losing 10 points in November. Not holding out much hope for tomorrow!

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Don't wait and pray, but do what you can to improve your score! I myself (sitting at 416 right now) started to learn french. It is not that hard if you already speak good English (which you do).
true that - I first gave IELTS had LRWS as/7.5/7.5/7.5/7.5 and did not have my spouse's WES evaluated all this while - wasn't leaning so much on Canada. Suddenly a friend sparked interest and I tried pulling the strings - gave my wife's credentials for WES evaluation and retook my IELTS on 8/19. Until Aug 31 i was at 364 CRS points but come Sep 1 I bumped the score to 430 CRS and come Oct 2 I further raised it to 440. So if I can gain 76 points (364 -> 440) in one month, so can you and everyone on this forum who is looking forward to increase their scores. Good Luck!

SMB84

Sep 27, 2017
Qatar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-Jan-2018
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2018
Med's Done....
26-Feb-2018
We're in the same situation. Got ITA on May 31st and refused because we didnt include police clearance cert for USA. Waiting for re-enfry on 425 but losing 10 points in November. Not holding out much hope for tomorrow!
I really don't get it. Why couldn't they just ask us for what was unintentionally overlooked?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
I really don't get it. Why couldn't they just ask us for what was unintentionally overlooked?
I guess they are pushed to process things really fast. So they are just trying not to keep anything pending.
They knew that you can re-apply and get another ITA in no time with new records.

You could have raised a CSE to challenge their decision but i think reapplying would be faster.