+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

iimlnikhil

Jun 28, 2017
I had an ITA before and the deadline for the submission was September 27. So I got my medicals done on Sept 1. However I had to decline my ITA. Now I am hoping an invite comes through on Oct 4th. Its still okay for me to submit the medicals done on Sept 1 right?
Ditto situation and coincidentally the dates for ITA submission is also same, and the decline reason is also same :) (although mine got expired before i could click decline button)...lets stay connected

Reactions: wickerman

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Seniors,

I have worked in Company A from July 1, 2015, to March 31, 2016 (company closed down and changed their name to company B) NOC B
I have worked in Company B from April 1, 2016, to October 31, 2017 ( I will be laid off due to shortage of work on Oct 31st) NOC B
My current EE CRS 414 and eligible under CEC

What will happen after Oct 31st? as I will be unemployed (I will try my best to find another job in NOC category A, B, or O) am I still eligible for CEC? How? Any additional docs needed for this? How about proof of fund requirement? Please advise.

Thank you all.,

Reactions: Ravi94

Shivaagarwal3009

Sep 26, 2017
Probably this is a silly question, but want to know whether the EE profile is effective and active for draw as soon it is created or there is some wait time?
I have 468 points.

KJB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
All,
Need a help. I am waiting in pool with 430.My wife has B.Sc & M.C.S. from India but WES has confirmed Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)..
Is there a way to challenge? I guess it should be master's equivalent. Any thoughts please?

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Wow, you are fast. Congrats on the e-APR! Did you get the medical exam scheduled very quickly, or had you done it upfront earlier?

It seems that Ontario is working on the remaining and more complicated final cases. More of these people seem to be getting procedural fairness letters, so I wonder how much longer they will take to review.
Thank you. :D
Because I had most things done for OINP, I had little to do actually.
As for the Meds, here you just go to the designated medical center, without having to schedule it upfront, and they do it in a couple hours.
Very fast and convenient to tell you the truth.

And I've notice about the people getting PFLs from OINP.
Let's hope they don't reject anyone, as it must be so painful.

To look at bright side, today is the first working day of October, a new trimester. So, if the PNPs are dividing their quotas by trimesters, then there are approximately 1000 more nominations left for this trimester, and HCP is Ontario's biggest stream, so many of those nominations must be ready to be delivered. :):p

I'm wishing my best for you to be able to get in. ;)
Warm regards.

shlok shahani

Apr 1, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What is the expected cut off for this 4th October 2017 draw guys?? I am on 438 via FSW only. Any steps to take to enhance my chances?? Also, in the preferred provinces section I selected the option stating I will be ok with any province. Is that ok? or should I indicate Ontario or British Columbia??

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Probably this is a silly question, but want to know whether the EE profile is effective and active for draw as soon it is created or there is some wait time?
I have 468 points.
There are no silly questions :) . EE profile is active almost immediately after u hit the submit button. You get emails from cic on your eligibility and acceptance into the pool within a few minutes of submission. Crs scores might take up to 24 hours to update (case basis)

Whether someone qualifies for a draw depends on when they submit a profile. Whenever a draw happens there is a cut off time stated. So suppose if the draw cut-off was Wednesday 10am Canada time, all profiles active at that time with the cut off score get an ITA.

KJB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
What is the expected cut off for this 4th October 2017 draw guys?? I am on 438 via FSW only. Any steps to take to enhance my chances?? Also, in the preferred provinces section I selected the option stating I will be ok with any province. Is that ok? or should I indicate Ontario or British Columbia??
Any province is fine...

vitalyklop

Aug 21, 2017
Got my spouse's WES report today and surprisingly it turned out to be 'Canadian Master's Equivalent' instead of 'Bachelor's Equivalent'.
Updated my IRCC profile and now sitting at 440 CRS points and hoping to get the ITA in the not too distant future.
WOW wish I had such a good surprise! haha..

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Friends,

I have joined this forum recently. I wish to know more about learning French and taking the French language test to raise the CRS. My spouse and I have already maxed out our IELTS scores at CLB 10 and 9, resulting in a CRS of 419. With time ticking away our score as this year passes by, we have only three options left to increase our chances- a PNP, a job offer and a French language test score. Out of these, as of now, it’s only the French language test that seems to be in our control, if at all! We’ll have to look at a score of at least band 4 in a period of 6-8 months, to get the maximum benefit. And yes, we are complete beginners. I wish to ask:

1. Those, who have or had taken up French for this purpose- Please enlighten us with your experience. Also, let us know if there’s anything that needs a special consideration?

2. Should one go for a proper structured course that has a batch of students and targets TEF specifically or would a tutor, who gives personal attention, be better?

3. Are there any online resources that you might want to recommend?

4. Is there any group/thread of people taking TEF, here… so that we may interact and gain from their knowledge?

Waiting for your feedback…Thanks a million, in advance!
I'm in a similar situation, except I agree with those who say that the CRS will drop below 419 before you take TEF. However, I'm not so lucky, as I am at only 410 CRS and will drop to 399 on my birthday in February if I don't at least get OINP by then. So I'm studying French whenever I can. I was really busy and overwhelmed at work for a while, but things have eased up, so I am trying to do more French study. I am using duolingo and FSI French, as well as a Learning French with Vincent video series on youtube. I also got some TEF materials from someone, but learning the language first is most important.

There is a thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/french-language-made-easy-for-beginners.498939/

You can also join our whatsapp group, although we've been very sporadic (hopefully more chatty after I improve more)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Seniors,

I have worked in Company A from July 1, 2015, to March 31, 2016 (company closed down and changed their name to company B) NOC B
I have worked in Company B from April 1, 2016, to October 31, 2017 ( I will be laid off due to shortage of work on Oct 31st) NOC B
My current EE CRS 414 and eligible under CEC

What will happen after Oct 31st? as I will be unemployed (I will try my best to find another job in NOC category A, B, or O) am I still eligible for CEC? How? Any additional docs needed for this? How about proof of fund requirement? Please advise.

Thank you all.,
Under CEC you don't need proof of funds, just write an explanation saying you are applying under CEC stream and no funds requirement is needed.

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

• are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must list:

• all current bank and investment accounts
  • outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

qwerty69

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I'm in a similar situation, except I agree with those who say that the CRS will drop below 419 before you take TEF. However, I'm not so lucky, as I am at only 410 CRS and will drop to 399 on my birthday in February if I don't at least get OINP by then. So I'm studying French whenever I can. I was really busy and overwhelmed at work for a while, but things have eased up, so I am trying to do more French study. I am using duolingo and FSI French, as well as a Learning French with Vincent video series on youtube. I also got some TEF materials from someone, but learning the language first is most important.

There is a thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/french-language-made-easy-for-beginners.498939/

You can also join our whatsapp group, although we've been very sporadic (hopefully more chatty after I improve more)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi
I agree with you. I'm 417 and I expect the CRS to drop to this score. Maybe not this year, but probably at the beginning of 2018.

In my case, I'm preparing everything for OINP as my plan B. At worst it should be open by the first quarter of 2018. But I'm not stopping there, I'm studying French as my plan C. I just hope that I don't need to get there.

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Under CEC you don't need proof of funds, just write an explanation saying you are applying under CEC stream and no funds requirement is needed.

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

• are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must list:

• all current bank and investment accounts
  • outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.
What about eligibility as I will no longer have job?

Reactions: Ravi94