May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hello, I will try to help.

First advice for absolute beginners, download the Duolingo App, and try to complete it studying at least 2 hours every week day, and don't let the memory bars go low. Make this part of your daily routine.

On weekends, try to study what you can, when you can, no pressure the first month. Try to enjoy it like a little game.

manali_pandit

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-09-2016 (Upfront)
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
29-04-2017 (Upfront)
I don't know anything in French except "Oui" :p but will definitely give this a shot.. I am sure it'll be fun. thank you for starting such thread @Jojolet and @ivancabrer for the app suggestion :D

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Duolingo..Is effective:p:p:p:)
It (Duolingo) is surprisingly effective for the basics.
When you finish Duolingo, you could try the textbook Edito B2, it is the text book that the Alliance Française uses. I really recommend it.

Sidenote,
The higher european B2 mark is equivalent to the Canadian CLB7, and the lower B2 mark is equivalent to CLB6.

Edit:
For the Speaking part, the Michael Thomas French Advanced seems very good. Wish I had study more of it.

M DEV

May 2, 2017
It (Duolingo) is surprisingly effective for the basics.
When you finish Duolingo, you could try the textbook Edito B2, it is the text book that the Alliance Française uses. I really recommend it.

Sidenote,
The higher european B2 mark is equivalent to the Canadian CLB7, and the lower B2 mark is equivalent to CLB6.
Thanks man...Ur advice taken

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
For the Speaking part, the Michael Thomas French Advanced seems very good. Wish I had study more of it.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
So this is a text book..Not an app
Yes, it's a Text Book.
I have the PDF, but don't want to infringe copyright, and also, it is better to have the physical book along with the Cahier D'exercises, because you can do the exercises easily. Also, the book comes with CD and DVD, so you get to practice the Listening part.

What I did was, to save time, read every lesson and take notes of all the new words, and translate them using Google Translator. I filled more than 30 pages in a couple months. And I tried to first read every text, and understand them, and then if I didn't know a word, I looked for it after reading each article completely.

It really worked for me, and I didn't needed to complete every exercise.
But, if you have more time, I would definitely recommend you do every exercise you can, and try to practice the Speaking, the pronunciation is very VERY important in french.