+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

Sep 7, 2017
I have not received ITA yet. I have 438 CRS points (more than the threshold for this draw).
I created the profile on 29 Aug '17.
Is anyone facing the same pain ?? Please advice

qwerty69

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I'm glad to hear that. The last satellite picture I saw showed the whole island under the storm. I can't imagine the intensity.
Thankfully we missed most of the Hurricane. The north coast got the worst, but the worst of the storm is over the sea over a hundred kilometers away. In Santo Domingo we have some rain now and some light gusts, but nothing serious.

Tomorrow we'll know If the north is OK, but until now we don't have any reports of casualties.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Hi,

1) answer yes. They will ask if he is a Canadian citizen or not.
2) Just put your sister.
3) No, he won't.
4) They don't care about vacation, but just wait until Friday, no rush.

Question, why are you applying through Express entry, when your husband is a Canadian citizen? You surely qualify for a spousal visa.

Regards
Hi TanakaM,

Thank you again for your answers.

Good question! Actually it is funny because you are not the only one who asked me this question. My family, friends and co-workers asked me too :)

I just got married last year and I don't want to go through the sponsorship processing. My husband needs to be approved first as a sponsor, then we have to provide lots of documents such as Tax returns, pictures, proof of relationships, attested letters from relatives, etc.etc. And this route has a face to face interview. We also have to show proof of funds.

I am sure that my husband is qualified to sponsor my son and I, but I prefer to do it on my own. Besides Inland spousal sponsorship take atleast a year or more depending how complicated the file is, while EE is only 6 months or be less. I based this information from the experience of the people here in this forum.

I have also an AINP nomination, received my AOR in March, but I don't want to wait because the PNP processing time is 16 months, can be longer. Lots of PNP paper-based applicants in 2015 haven't received their PR yet. I am currently holding a PGWP which will expire in 2019, so definitely I am not going to risk!

So my last option is EE. I have a Canadian bachelor's degree, a one-year Canadian work experience, my IELTS score is also quite good, I also have 5 years international work experience n the same NOC that i am applying in EE, and I have a sibling and relatives in Canada. After wieghing all my options, I think EE is the easiest and fastest route for me. Even better if I get qualified in the CEC stream.

Hopefully I made the right decision. I am hoping for the best. Goodluck to all of us TanakaM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishal2017

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Based on my answers in the CIC CRS tool, my grand total points is 472 as of today. I am turning 35 on Sep 16, so I guess my score will go down a little bit to 466.

I am really crossing my fingers that by the time they assess my profile I will still get the same score.

How about yours?
I am the forum's grandma (not literally, no kids). 384

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Thankfully we missed most of the Hurricane. The north coast got the worst, but the worst of the storm is over the sea over a hundred kilometers away. In Santo Domingo we have some rain now and some light gusts, but nothing serious.

Tomorrow we'll know If the north is OK, but until now we don't have any reports of casualties.
Very glad to hear you are safe. I'm not sure if the satellite map was a little off, but it looked like Santo Domingo was in the dark orange. But perhaps I wasn't seeing through the color clearly.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi TanakaM,

Thank you again for your answers.

Good question! Actually it is funny because you are not the only one who asked me this question. My family, friends and co-workers asked me too :)

I just got married last year and I don't want to go through the sponsorship processing. My husband needs to be approved first as a sponsor, then we have to provide lots of documents such as Tax returns, pictures, proof of relationships, attested letters from relatives, etc.etc. And this route has a face to face interview. We also have to show proof of funds.

I am sure that my husband is qualified to sponsor my son and I, but I prefer to do it on my own. Besides Inland spousal sponsorship take atleast a year or more depending how complicated the file is, while EE is only 6 months or be less. I based this information from the experience of the people here in this forum.

I have also an AINP nomination, received my AOR in March, but I don't want to wait because the PNP processing time is 16 months, can be longer. Lots of PNP paper-based applicants in 2015 haven't received their PR yet. I am currently holding a PGWP which will expire in 2019, so definitely I am not going to risk!

So my last option is EE. I have a Canadian bachelor's degree, a one-year Canadian work experience, my IELTS score is also quite good, I also have 5 years international work experience n the same NOC that i am applying in EE, and I have a sibling and relatives in Canada. After wieghing all my options, I think EE is the easiest and fastest route for me. Even better if I get qualified in the CEC stream.

Hopefully I made the right decision. I am hoping for the best. Goodluck to all of us TanakaM :)
So, let me understand this:
1. you got married last year (so you are married at least 9 months).
2. Instead of taking all documents for the spousal sponsorship (which by now would be already somewhere in the middle of the process) you decided to go for provincial nomination.
3. Because hey Manitoba paper based up to 16 months is much better then spousal 1 year. (not that you do not have to prove excessive medical inadmissibility in spousal and not that you do not have to prove your savings or language skills there)
4. You have taken place of somebody who might really need that PNP, but you do not want it anyway.
5. Because, hey EE is much faster than all of that and because there are absolutely no people waiting more than 6 month to get their nomination after AOR in EE (not like we do not have portion of people waiting 6, 9, 12 or even longer to get their COPR - longest one was up to 17 months).
6. And with this move you want to take yet again additional place from somebody else and take more time from the officer times, when they would have to check and cancel your paper based application and then your EE application again.
7. And you assume, that just because you will not use spousal stream, nobody will ever ask you for any proof of relationship. (yes they can do that and in several cases, they did do that to EE applicants as well).
8. So at the end of the day you will not even be faster than if you went for your spousal sponsorship on the spot or if you waited for that paper based application to be finished. (as they have much less paper based applications now. they are supposed to be a bit faster there).
Did I miss something out?
This whole story is the same of a car trying to change lanes constantly in the heavy traffic jam and only arriving like minutes before the others

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Hello!

Please I need your help.
I have been trying to find an answer to my concern.

I have created my profile with NOC 4012 Research assistant. I did not get any score since I'm still studying in Canada.
I also included my foreign experience (9 months). My IELTS is R9 L8.5 W7 S8.5.
My CRS is 441
I noticed that I got 25 points under Skill transferability factor: Foreign experience.
Since my foreign experience is less than 1 year, do you think I deserve to get 25 points?
I already have an ITA with cut off 441.
Should I withdraw the application?

thanks for your help!

raj2017

May 22, 2017
Hi,

1) answer yes. They will ask if he is a Canadian citizen or not.
2) Just put your sister.
3) No, he won't.
4) They don't care about vacation, but just wait until Friday, no rush.

Question, why are you applying through Express entry, when your husband is a Canadian citizen? You surely qualify for a spousal visa.

Regards
your remark question is the first question pops up in my mind too, since she is lucky to have canadian spouse why she wants to go thru hassle of EE?

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Hello!

Please I need your help.

I have created my profile with NOC 4012 Research assistant. I did not get any score since I'm still studying in Canada.
My CRS is 441
I noticed that I got 25 points under Skill transferability factor: Foreign experience.
Since my foreign experience is less than 1 year, do you think I deserve to get 25 points?

thanks for your help!
Are you checking your eligibility after getting an ITA?
I think that you can verify point calculations using CRS tool at CIC website.
But since you got 25 points, you should be deserving i guess.
I havent see the application portal as my case is being handled by an agency, you will get a repsonse soon as many members here are very good in application process.

Reactions: moferanmi

raj2017

May 22, 2017
Hello!

Please I need your help.

My CRS is 441

thanks for your help!
i dont understand why are you still thinking about points as you already have ur ITA, my point is since they have awarded you CRS points based on your true information (i believe you have put 9 months experience in ur profile) den i dont think you should get trouble for their mistake(if at all there is a mistake) i think you should be good

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Are you checking your eligibility after getting an ITA?
I think that you can verify point calculations using CRS tool at CIC website.
But since you got 25 points, you should be deserving i guess.
I havent see the application portal as my case is being handled by an agency, you will get a repsonse soon as many members here are very good in application process.

Thanks for your response.
I tried using the tool.
How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have?
I chose 0-less than one year.
It gave me 0 point. For the foreign work experience.
In total the tool gives me 416
My EE gives me 441

I am scared because some people claim that the EE calculates based on month/year.
That my CRS will be recalculated after I submit.
And the visa officer could reject the application if the work experience is less than 1year.

Last edited:

d_vandana

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum...but did find it to be very informative.

I am at 429. I am getting my IELTS score reevaluated as i need .5 band to reach a CLB 10 level.

But my maximum score can be 432.

I really do not know if this will work...but still keeping my hopes intact.

I have two questions;

1. Do i have any chance of getting an invitation?
2. As i am handling my application on my own, i am not aware of the provincial nomination process. I know the names of the states which are asking for job offers or occupation in demand. Unfortunately i do not have any of those. Please tell me the names of the states with which lodging an application is easy and i would appreciate if you could also tell me about the process.

Awaiting your response ..