Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hi Guys,

Need some help...Request if someone could share any or every prep material they have on IELTS general training on my email id :- harmanpreetsingh77@gmail.com.

I already have a CLB 9 score in all 4 modules however with the unpredicability of the draws & CRS scores , i have decided to gun for the CLB 10 score in all 4 modules so as to increase my CRS score by 6 points.

I am specifically looking at all modules of Cambridge 1-11 however if you have some other training material as well , i would be obliged if the same could be shared .
Hi Harman, the modules are quite heavy, approx 900 MB, won't fit either in mail or in cloud drive.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My response to the above observations made by you is as follows :-
  • 1. The quota that CIC has for express entry is not as per the No of ITA's issued but the actual applicants admitted in an year
  • 2. As per the express entry report issued this year for 2016 , it showed that for every ITA issued 1.3 times applicants got admitted
  • 3. This figure would be a lot higher for 2017 , the reason being , last year the scores stayed above 470 odd right through the year which meant that most people who got an ITA were single applicants or people in their twenties with no kids
  • 4. This year we saw the scores going down to as low as 413 which meant that lotsa familes or older people with families & kids got an ITA hence my take is that for every ITA issued in 2017 atleast 1.8-2.5 applicants would have got admitted in 2017
  • 5. With not much quota left , the the decreasing ITA trend might just continue until mid november wherein they might get a better idea of how many ITA's are still left to be given if at all there is a higher ITA rejection rate or acceptance rate
  • 6. The no of people in the entire express entry pool is only 58k with 400-450 category having only 12k people which basically means that if they continue inviting 3800 people in every draw then they might not have many candidates left in the pool for 2018 quota
  • 7. Lastly the 1st half of the year in 2017 showed that CRS scores was decided & kept reducing based on the number of ITA's issued hence the runrate of 3800 ITA's stayed static in each draw . However the past 2 months has shown that they have reversed the strategy wherein now the CRS score they want to fix every fornight decides the number of ITA's to be issued
1. that is correct. Yearly quotas are for immigrants - " the focus of this program is on the selection and processing of immigrants who can support .."
2. But 40% of all ITA never made it to approved application. That accually means 2.16 immigrants per approved application.
3. would disagree. At the same time in 2016 LMIA was offering 600 points - so that older applicants could catch up. Score around 435 opens more possibilities for people without canadian experience to apply. So there might be some decrease of CEC.
4. We got ITA usage rate from first half of 2017 (85%). We also know rejection rate (which is 3% of all applications that were not cancelled). But we are missing cancellation rate (usually due to the missing documents (this might be around 10 to 15% of sent application or 8.5% to 12.7% of all ITA issued).
5. They are already using quota for next year. Why because 67000 ITA was issued and this will turn into 48000 approved applications (((67K x 0.85) x 0.87)x0.97) and more than 100000 applicants (because 2.16 immigrants per application). With the current quota 75300 for EE only (67600 to 75300) and 17000 for PNP with EE (49000 to 54000 is the PNP quota and 30% of that go through EE). That gives 92300 the most optimistics scenario. Because whole quota could be used up just within 8 month, such high draws are not sustainable unless something will change (increase of quota, lower % of ITA will make it to the final acceptance, smaller amount of immigrants per application, or reduction of the draw amounts or size) the yearly quota will be overused by app. 30%.
6. Over and over and over again people here are looking at the EE pool as if it was something static. It is a dynamic system. Every day, some applicants will get higher score because they will add or change something. At the same time every day new applicants will arrive to the pool. But also every day some applicants will get lower score or some profiles will disappear after 1 year of creation or being deleted by their owners. Go and check some older statistics from 2015 or 2016 and you would only discover that EE pool got bigger in the time with more applicants over 400 waiting in the pool. That is the effect of new system being understood better and more people being able to gather needed documents.
Hence it has no sense to wait for all others with bigger score to be invited or to wait for your turn.
7. CIC named the minimum condition for the EE entry (which is completed high school for the main applicant, good language knowledge of 1 of the official languages and 1 year of the work experience). With that said everything else is let on the free competition. After that they are calling out amount of applicants for each draw in order to be able to maintain similar level of workload over the year. If they want to favor certain type of applicants, then they will add some points for certain skills or characteristics. But they will still let them compete with others. Score will adjust according to the amount of the competition and the size of the yearly quota

Reactions: hishamx87 and hap21

ritej gaba

Star Member
May 2, 2017
how to delete old profile? as i have three profiles under one GC key
out of these three one i have withdrawn
in one of the profiles i am ineligible
and the third one is active..which i have not withdrawn??
suggest please

J

jon-son

If we went by everyone's speculations on this thread we'd all have ITAs in our hand. :D

On a serious note, my IELTS expires in January and I'm stuck at 429. Does anyone speculate me making it before that? :(
Shouldn't IELTS be valid through the whole application process, not just its submission?

jigsawpuzzle

Jun 9, 2017
Ple
If we went by everyone's speculations on this thread we'd all have ITAs in our hand. :D

On a serious note, my IELTS expires in January and I'm stuck at 429. Does anyone speculate me making it before that? :(
Please confirm, i think you should have a valid ielts even after your ITA, as per my knowledge, your scores are calculated agaij by

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Ple

Please confirm, i think you should have a valid ielts even after your ITA, as per my knowledge, your scores are calculated agaij by
In the case of applications received after January 1, 2015 (i.e., through Express Entry), language test results must be less than two years old when a candidate submits their Express Entry profile, and when their application for permanent residence is received.

Biryani

Aug 12, 2017
Bangalore
In the case of applications received after January 1, 2015 (i.e., through Express Entry), language test results must be less than two years old when a candidate submits their Express Entry profile, and when their application for permanent residence is received.
The scores are less than two years old. I just hope they're still valid when they're supposed to be.