+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

lkumarx

Jun 22, 2017
@KingKurly .
I am feeling rather upset because I also finally got rejected for the job I had been waiting on for a few months. This is my second rejection for a job that matched my skillset and for which I have gone through a few rounds of interviews. It has been difficult enough for me even to get interviews at all.
Wish you find your dream job soon.
Come on Dude!! You yourself is an encouraging guy, I saw your posts. Why do you talk about being let down.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
@KingKurly what materials did you use for learning French? I am slowly learning French with duolingo on my commutes. After this bad time I am in at work, I need to study French more seriously.

I am only at 410 CRS and will drop to 399 on my birthday in February (my major weakness is my age - I am maxed out on IELTS, etc). I would like at least to get one more point to stay at 400+ so I can get NOI more easily from Ontario if my current one expires before the HCP stream reopens. I had my documents ready to submit on July 25, 1 day too late, and have been waiting every day since then for OINP to reopen. I am feeling rather upset because I also finally got rejected for the job I had been waiting on for a few months. This is my second rejection for a job that matched my skillset and for which I have gone through a few rounds of interviews. It has been difficult enough for me even to get interviews at all.
I understand completely, and wish you the best of lucks.
If the OINP sends many nominations between today and next tuesday (before the draw, liike they use to do), then maybe they could reopen the stream soon.
I'm seeing in the tracker that they've sent nominations to people who submitted on July 27th (I submitted on July 28th, so you can imagine mi anxiety right now). So, even if there are many persons who haven't received their nomination, they have advanced much this month.
My point is, if there is still some quota left for the HCP, they should be re-opening the stream in september. That's just my guess, but it's better to be positive and encouraging to fellow applicants, right?, and also, below is my reason for this guess.
As of August 8th, they had almost 2 thousand places available (as stated here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html ) for all their streams. And the EE HCP is their biggest stream, so the biggest portion of that amount must be destined for it.

Anyways, try to not feel down, as your break is almost coming.
You'll get the right job in Canada, soon.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
@KingKurly what materials did you use for learning French? I am slowly learning French with duolingo on my commutes. After this bad time I am in at work, I need to study French more seriously.

I am only at 410 CRS and will drop to 399 on my birthday in February (my major weakness is my age - I am maxed out on IELTS, etc). I would like at least to get one more point to stay at 400+ so I can get NOI more easily from Ontario if my current one expires before the HCP stream reopens. I had my documents ready to submit on July 25, 1 day too late, and have been waiting every day since then for OINP to reopen. I am feeling rather upset because I also finally got rejected for the job I had been waiting on for a few months. This is my second rejection for a job that matched my skillset and for which I have gone through a few rounds of interviews. It has been difficult enough for me even to get interviews at all.
I hope,like u urself pointed out, we have some increased no of ITAs from this Friday onwards...
and hit the 400 floor way befor Feb ...
all we need is 2-3 draws consecutive with 3800+ ITAs to get there...
good things take time..at times..
see col Sanders started it off @62...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/zjGDnahaS6cvu/giphy.gif

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
After following the draws for quite a while, ive come to the conclusion that CIC has a mind of its own. All analysis, theories, predictions are negated one way or the other. This wait is a serious test of ones patience. What i hope is the following ( yes hope rather than prediction this time)

1. The CRS comes down quickly so that we all get our turn. In my case i would love it if it happens by November before i loose my 5 points
2. CIC seriously needs to retune their system and have a regular published draw schedule. This wait is too brutal

Hoping for the best

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
Being in express entry pool is the real test of patience and getting PR is test of dedication!!
Life is all about not to give up. What I learnt from EE process is Patience is the key. Wrote IELTS thrice to get the desired score. Now waiting for ITA. Even after ITA, am sure I will have to wait...

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
I have come up with the prediction for the 71st draw.

If it happens on:
Aug 30 - CRS 427 - ITAs 3088
Aug 31 - CRS 428 - ITAs 3018
Sep 01 - CRS 429 - ITAs 2942

The variance in the above calculation is +/- 1 CRS.

Please find below the CRS cut off on each date (in case the number of ITAs issued is more/less than 3000):

What is your prediction for sept 6th?

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone. I have submitted all my documents post ITA but I have a small doubt which is bothering me a lot regarding employment reference letter.
I am working in the same company from last 4 years and on the basis of the experience of this company only, I have applied for PR in Canada. My employer Hr has provided me an employment experience letter in a generic format which does not mention all my jobs and responsibilities in detail.
I have written an email communication to my HR to provide it in a detailed format.
However, she has replied back on the e-mail that she is not authorized to give the detailed job duties on company letter head so please consider this email. The email consists of her official email signature which includes company logo, her designation and official contact number.
In addition, She has declined to sign the notarized document as she is not supposed to sign any legal document.
Would that employment reference letter on email be sufficient along with email communication with HR or it can create any issue.?

Your suggestions would definitely help me :)
You should be perfectly fine. Just upload the letter which you have received from your company. Also attach the email comms in LOE. I don't see any hiccups. Good luck

Reactions: ravleen and lino82

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
After following the draws for quite a while, ive come to the conclusion that CIC has a mind of its own. All analysis, theories, predictions are negated one way or the other. This wait is a serious test of ones patience. What i hope is the following ( yes hope rather than prediction this time)

1. The CRS comes down quickly so that we all get our turn. In my case i would love it if it happens by November before i loose my 5 points
2. CIC seriously needs to retune their system and have a regular published draw schedule. This wait is too brutal

Hoping for the best
They also have to implement a "cool down" system for all those declining ITAs, for example, they aren't allowed to participate any draw for like 2-3 months. Everyone is connected with their UCI, so the system will detect whoever have declined and enter "cool down"

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys a bit off topic but worth sharing for ppl like us who are in late 30s or early 40s with CRS Below 410.
There is a way to get PR. Take admission in some college in canada for 1 yr course n then take work permit after course completion for 2 yrs. then once U hv a Canadian diploma then your CRS will shoot up sharply n u will be entitled for PR.
I hv sibling in canada and he says that it's quiet common there for ppl of various age groups to upgrade themselves continuously to stay in the job market.
I will gather more info on this in coming weekend.
If some one has some info on this method of obtaining PR , pl do share.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yeah I have a strong feeling that the real initiative is to convert certain cities into an IT hub ie Vancouver and Toronto. Given the political climate in the US more so towards skilled foreigners in the IT space, this is the opportune time to create a "Silicon Valley" city in Canada. If this momentum remains consistent, there is a likely chance that more companies will HQ in Canada. I mean honestly..the space is there lol.
The Toronto-Waterloo Corridor is actually being called "Silicon Valley North." WES subscribed me to their newsletter, and the one I received just the other day had a link to this:
https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/silicon-valley-north-toronto-waterloo/
and referenced this original article from CBC News:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/silicon-valley-toronto-waterloo-1.3519032

I do believe, from these articles and what I have heard from a Canadian friend and others, that Canada does want to fill IT worker shortages with more immigrants, so I truly believe there is reason to be optimistic regarding the next few years at least. I do think there will also be more demand for construction workers as the population grows with us tech workers and we all need more housing. So there should be room to accommodate all of us.

And thank you all for your encouraging words, especially @KingKurly @ivancabrer @lino82 @lkumarx
The job search has been really hard on me. I actually was more depressed and discouraged early in July when I was rejected for a job I really liked, more than this last one, but around the same time, I received my IELTS scores and ECA, created my EE profile, and got NOI from Ontario the next day. Turning my full focus to the immigration process and joining on these ROH threads cheered me up. Unfortunately my next major setback happened when I tried to register and submit my OINP on July 25 and found I was a day too late. But looking at the big picture, it has only been a month since July 25, and Ontario had previously said it would pause and reopen streams throughout the year so that the quotas don't get filled by May as they did in 2016, and they were having significant system issues in July, so there is good reason to believe it will reopen later this year.

I think on the whole, the job search can be more stressful than the immigration process, because you have no idea where you are in the process. You can come very close to getting a job, but something happens that often is beyond your control and you get rejected (the one I just lost was canceled) and you are back at square one. At least in the immigration process, there are stages you go through, so you do feel you are progressing, even if there are delays. After ITA, if you have all your documents and they are in perfect shape, you will eventually make it through.

However, don't let my job search issues discourage you guys. I have learned that it is extremely difficult to find a job in Canada when you need visa sponsorship, as the government policies really favor Canadian citizens and permanent residents (which will be a very good thing for us when we become Canadian!). It's worth trying only if you can be patient and not get too discouraged, and if you either have a very specialized skillset or are going for very senior positions.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Dear Fellows,
I have a potential offer of PostDoc Fellowship in Toronto (ON) with a package of CAD 55,000 + Benefits (per annum). I don't know yet exact benefits, but one thing is certain that FAMILY INSURANCE & DENTAL would be covered, as per their policy. Postdoc fellowship is a Taxable Income, I don't know yet what exact would be my NET Salary.

I have a family with 1 Child (3 Yrs), do you think this package is sufficient enough to maintain a good life standard? I am a bit skeptical about it.

Your valuable opinions would be appreciated, kindly share your experience.

Thanks!