VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Yes they are.

I have one of *those* masters degrees and my ECA has verified it as equivalent to a Canadian Masters.
Hi Gavin,

That is interesting. So you never did a bachelors and went straight to the masters? How many credits did you get for the masters?

You dont have to answer if you feel its too personal.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
That's not what I would infer from the website I quoted:

"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"
Official website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

2 Bachelors= 119 points
1 Masters = 126 points
PHD = 140 points

Not sure what site you were quoting from as I haven't followed the conversation but this is the official CIC site and that takes precedent.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Gavin,

That is interesting. So you never did a bachelors and went straight to the masters? How many credits did you get for the masters?

You dont have to answer if you feel its too personal.
Yeah I had to motivate to get accepted into the masters program and I was on probation for a while to ensure I could keep up etc etc..

I can't remember the credits to be honest but I was worried WES wouldn't see it as a valid masters but it was no problem and my university says they deal with WES all the time and it'll not be an issue

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Huh? I am talking about a Master's degree from Europe evaluated in Canada. So this is about Europe partially.

They are for sure, I know that from WES evaluations. It may take up to 5.5 years to get Masters without Bachelors in some European countries. Alternatively, you can split it: 3.5 years Bachelor + 2 years MSc. The curriculum is exactly the same.

Why are you bringing PhD into the picture? The website says this:

"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

which implies that two Bachelor's degrees are eligible. Unless this website is imprecise, which may be my point.
Dude, I do not see where your confusion/problem is.

1) If you have taken 5.5 years to get a masters degree it just means you have done credits that cover both bachelors and master level.
2) I mention PhD because for transferability factors the maximum you can get is 50 points, making 2 or more, masters and PhD all the same.
3) No one said 2 bachelor's degrees are not eligible. All I said is that one can have their masters degree evaluated on its own and get maximum points.

"Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) for the highest level of education obtained."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

After all is said and done the ministerial instruction has the final say.

Regards

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi guys, I had a query that maybe one of you could help with.

My ex boss does not answer calls from unknown numbers. So I was thinking I would let her know the area codes from which ircc might call. But I'm not sure.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks a ton!

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Correct. If the ECA says you have 2 post-secondary credentials, the system will definitely give you the point you deserve.
There's a catch here. I will have 2 different ECA's for 2 different credentials. Will the system accept it for the two or more degree category?

Sorry for being a pain but I am just being extra careful.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Yeah I had to motivate to get accepted into the masters program and I was on probation for a while to ensure I could keep up etc etc..

I can't remember the credits to be honest but I was worried WES wouldn't see it as a valid masters but it was no problem and my university says they deal with WES all the time and it'll not be an issue
Oh ok, that's great. When WES do evaluation, its mostly about the number of credits one has been awarded. How long did it take you to complete the course, including probation?

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Dude, I do not see where your confusion/problem is.

1) If you have taken 5.5 years to get a masters degree it just means you have done credits that cover both bachelors and master level.
2) I mention PhD because for transferability factors the maximum you can get is 50 points, making 2 or more, masters and PhD all the same.
3) No one said 2 bachelor's degrees are not eligible. All I said is that one can have their masters degree evaluated on its own and get maximum points.

"Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) for the highest level of education obtained."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

After all is said and done the ministerial instruction has the final say.

Regards
ah you're confusing yourself I think.

There is a difference between points for education and skills transferability points.

Masters is worth more than 2 degrees in education but worth the same in skills transferability

To be honest I'm not quite sure what those 50 are for

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys, I had a query that maybe one of you could help with.

My ex boss does not answer calls from unknown numbers. So I was thinking I would let her know the area codes from which ircc might call. But I'm not sure.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks a ton!
Hi,

IRCC hardly call employers, but if they are it will likely be from your local visa office.

If all is in order they wont call.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
There's a catch here. I will have 2 different ECA's for 2 different credentials. Will the system accept it for the two or more degree category?

Sorry for being a pain but I am just being extra careful.
You are not being a pain at all.

Yes, the system will accept it.

Regards

Reactions: hishamx87

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi,

IRCC hardly call employers, but if they are it will likely be from your local visa office.

If all is in order they wont call.

Regards
Oh ok thanks. Is there anyway I can contact them and ask for a number that I can pass on? Because she just doesn't answer unknown numbers

Reactions: lino82

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Oh ok thanks. Is there anyway I can contact them and ask for a number that I can pass on? Because she just doesn't answer unknown numbers
lol, I don't think so. Dont worry about it, you will be ok.