VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ah you're confusing yourself I think.

There is a difference between points for education and skills transferability points.

Masters is worth more than 2 degrees in education but worth the same in skills transferability

To be honest I'm not quite sure what those 50 are for
Correct.

If you follow the conversation you will notice that is exactly what I have been trying to explain to @jon-son.
The 50 points are for having high education and significant skilled work experience.

Regards

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Hello everyone,

I am about to start an application with WES. My highest level of education is a master's degree. Is that enough to send to WES for an evaluation?

I would have added my bachelor's degree but my undergraduate school's administrative department is really slow.

If there is anyone with this experience. Kindly let me know. Is it safe to use only master's degree? Has anyone done it and gotten an ITA?

Thank you.
WES could ask for the Bachelors documents afterwards. So send all your transcripts(bacehlors and masters) in one application to save time. Please read the instructions on WES website.

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

J

jon-son

Official website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

2 Bachelors= 119 points
1 Masters = 126 points
PHD = 140 points

Not sure what site you were quoting from as I haven't followed the conversation but this is the official CIC site and that takes precedent.
This is not what I'm talking about. Look into "CRS – C. Skill transferability factors" on the same page, where you can get 50 points max for two post-secondary degrees + CLB9.

J

jon-son

Dude, I do not see where your confusion/problem is.

1) If you have taken 5.5 years to get a masters degree it just means you have done credits that cover both bachelors and master level.
But you still have ONE diploma and one degree (Masters only) - that should should be easy to understand, right?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
WES could ask for the Bachelors documents afterwards. So send all your transcripts(bacehlors and masters) in one application to save time. Please read the instructions on WES website.

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/
They are not likely to do so, as they just need all the documentation for the credential you have asked them to assess.

regards

Reactions: lino82

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
This is not what I'm talking about. Look into "CRS – C. Skill transferability factors" on the same page, where you can get 50 points max for two post-secondary degrees + CLB9.
This perhaps is not a clear statement, or rather, it is an incomplete statement. However, for the sake of those learning from this always refer to the ministerial instruction to avoid confusion.

Regards

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hello friends,

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need some advise immediately since it could make a big difference for me, if there is a draw tomorrow.

I'm currently sitting at CRS 430, with 2 years of Post-doc experience. Browsing through the forum, I found that paid research experience during PhD could also be counted towards work experience, if it is outside Canada. I did my PhD in India, and Post-doc in UK. If I add my PhD experience, my CRS would jump to 440+.

The problem is that I did not receive salary throughout my PhD, but during two discontinuous periods, each of 10 months duration. Would that be a problem? And what NOC should I choose? For my post-doc, I'm choosing NOC 2121 (biologists). My PhD was in the same field. Should I choose NOC 4012 or NOC 2121 for that period (if I'm eligible to add this work experience at all).

Please advise!

cnrp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-12-2017
Guys i hope there will be a draw tomorrow with 426 CRS.

By the way with my latest IELTS results my CRS increased to 476, If I got the reference today or tomorrow I hope to be on the boat of 71st draw.
Anyway I'll sail away with 72nd draw at last. Thank you guys for every single post and comment. This forum make you feel so much better and keep hope until the end of the road.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
One more query. My husband recently finished his PhD in Europe, and had 3 years of continuous PhD work contract. It involved only research duties, and no teaching duties.

If we make a profile with him as the principal applicant, and using 3 years of PhD work experience, our CRS would be 490+ (because of CLB9 in IELTS, which I haven't been able to achieve yet).

What should we do, guys? Should we go with him as the principal applicant?

J

jon-son

Yes, one degree (masters) which is worth more than 1000 bachelors degrees. Do you understand that part?
Wrong. It is not worth more in the "C. Skill transferability factors" category, and this is the what I've been inquiring about from the very beginning.

Thanks for (finally) understanding.

J

jon-son

One more query. My husband recently finished his PhD in Europe, and had 3 years of continuous PhD work contract. It involved only research duties, and no teaching duties.

If we make a profile with him as the principal applicant, and using 3 years of PhD work experience, our CRS would be 490+ (because of CLB9 in IELTS, which I haven't been able to achieve yet).

What should we do, guys? Should we go with him as the principal applicant?
In many countries working on one's PhD is not considered work, it is more like studying. I don't know how CIC classifies this kind of work, just pointing out a potential weakness. Good luck anyway!

Reactions: shifs