+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
You are absolutely right about it...everywhere in the world one has lot of options when it comes to food..even India a dinner for one person can cost $100 @ fine dining and a sumptuous home cooked dinner for a family of 5 will cost less than $20...
----
likewise for rentals,I have seen lot of apartments go for lower than what is claimed by him...
---
It may seem very miserly / challenging but there are $250 monthly grocery shopping list -balanced all inclusive nutritious diet -but $500 will surely feed a family if cooked at home...
---
http://canadianbudgetbinder.com/2017/02/28/weekly-menu-plan-grocery-budget/
That's a cool link and a great reminder

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello Guys,
I have a question, i am working full time in IT from 2016 and i update that experience in Express Entry, but i also work some part time jobs too along with it, So is it mandatory to update that experience ? or its ok without that.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Folks... I am new here..but have been following your threads for sometime now and seriously feel its a very nice chain to continue following. Thanks to whoever is keeping the hopes via these threads alive !! I got my IELTS results today 8.5-9-7.5-8 as in L-R-S-W and I don't see a possiblity going highe. I would end up with a CRS at 400 (spouse criteria considered). Can anybody throw some light on what are the chances of a Sales profile (NOC 0601) getting a nomination? Is anybody aware of any such case... A reply would definitely be helpful in keeping my hopes up..!!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are you getting $10-15/day per person per day for food? If you're eating a lot of prepared foods and/or at Tim Horton's every day, that sounds about right, but if you are smart about the grocery shopping, estimating from US prices which I think are comparable to Canada's in absolute dollar terms, I think $500/month should be doable for a family of 3. At least in the US, there are discount grocery stores around, and even big grocery stores have sales as well as their own cheaper store brands for products. In many places, there are also farmers' markets that sell fruits and vegetables and sometimes even some meats for cheaper. And if you collect higher dollar value coupons and use them to stock up when the grocery store is also having a sale on those items, you can save a lot.
The minimum cost for food ranging from 10-15 CAD per person and day is correct That is app. 3 CAD (2.5 USD) to 5 CAD (4 USD) per person and meal (that includes food and beverages, fruits and vegetables or any small treatment after the meal). And by comparing to US market you are doing the same mistake as anybody else to compare to their home pricing. Just for the clarification, pricing in Canada for food is more expensive. Your 500 USD per month would just by exchange rate convert to 700 CAD, but with increased pricing for lot of things you will be hitting 1000 CAD or more.
All that is calculated on cheap food.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hello Guys,
I have a question, i am working full time in IT from 2016 and i update that experience in Express Entry, but i also work some part time jobs too along with it, So is it mandatory to update that experience ? or its ok without that.
I think it depends on you .. as to what you want to show. To avoid confusion, stick to your full time work only as you would need docs to support your work experience claims later.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
For "some" reason, 6.5 is by far the most common grade in IELTS. Weird, right?

Glad to see some people overcoming this obstacle to increase their CRS.
Yes, only in the subjective categories (Speaking and Writing), wonder why that is. o_O
In the categories in which the answer are right or wrong (the objective ones, Listening and Reading), then it's almost certain that the score you got depends only on you.
But, it is what it is.
Patience is key.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
You are absolutely right about it...everywhere in the world one has lot of options when it comes to food..even India a dinner for one person can cost $100 @ fine dining and a sumptuous home cooked dinner for a family of 5 will cost less than $20...
----
likewise for rentals,I have seen lot of apartments go for lower than what is claimed by him...
---
It may seem very miserly / challenging but there are $250 monthly grocery shopping list -balanced all inclusive nutritious diet -but $500 will surely feed a family if cooked at home...
---
http://canadianbudgetbinder.com/2017/02/28/weekly-menu-plan-grocery-budget/
Thank you for the helpful link. :p

Reactions: lino82