+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your analysis seems well thought out. I don't think we are going to see an increase in the number of ITAs in the next month or two unless a whole lot of people start declining them.

With the arrival of my study permit approval last night, we are ready to embark on the increasing points plan. That should get the NOI. But still going to work on french because that always seems to be in demand.
But you just got study permit approval so you have to wait till your course is done to get additional points.

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Sitting at CRS 432! But with IELTS expiring on October 02, 2017. I need a miracle!
You don't need a miracle, you need to retake the IELTS and score just as good (or better) as previous time. Even if you get the ITA, you need to be qualified when submitting the documents. That also means, your IETLS score should be valid at that time.

In your situation, I would book the the IELTS exam and start preparing.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
You don't need a miracle, you need to retake the IELTS and score just as good (or better) as previous time. Even if you get the ITA, you need to be qualified when submitting the documents. That also means, your IETLS score should be valid at that time.

In your situation, I would book the the IELTS exam and start preparing.
Thank you for your response.

As a matter of fact I have all documents ready, I am literally ready to submit them the day after I get the ITA. I am just hanging in there and hope for a draw next week. Though, I find it difficult to happen.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Guys, let's not rush to assume on the basis of the last 2 draws that 3000 ITAs per draw will be the norm now. We are nearing the end of the summer season in North America. People are taking their last vacations now. Monday September 4 will be Labour Day in Canada, which marks the end of the summer vacation season in Canada (as well as the US). After that, people go back to work and school and things pick up. I think it's entirely reasonable to expect more ITAs per draw (and declining scores) in September and beyond.

Also note from last year's history that in the summer months June through August, the average number of ITAs per draw was around 750. Then the first draw of September had 1000 ITAs and kept increasing with semi monthly draws until the final draw of the year had 2,878 ITAs.
http://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html

As others have mentioned in the previous ROH thread, CIC issues ITAs based on their projected capacity to process them in their targeted timeframes (i.e., 6 months from receipt of application). They have less capacity in the summer months because North Americans, especially government workers, like to take vacations in the summer.

Full list of 2017 holidays in Canada:
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys, let's not rush to assume on the basis of the last 2 draws that 3000 ITAs per draw will be the norm now. We are nearing the end of the summer season in North America. People are taking their last vacations now. Monday September 4 will be Labour Day in Canada, which marks the end of the summer vacation season in Canada (as well as the US). After that, people go back to work and school and things pick up. I think it's entirely reasonable to expect more ITAs per draw (and declining scores) in September and beyond.

Also note from last year's history that in the summer months June through August, the average number of ITAs per draw was around 750. Then the first draw of September had 1000 ITAs and kept increasing with semi monthly draws until the final draw of the year had 2,878 ITAs.
http://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html

As others have mentioned in the previous ROH thread, CIC issues ITAs based on their projected capacity to process them in their targeted timeframes (i.e., 6 months from receipt of application). They have less capacity in the summer months because North Americans, especially government workers, like to take vacations in the summer.

Full list of 2017 holidays in Canada:
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/
Big like! Thank you for keeping our eyes on the ball! :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
70th draw - August 23rd:
CRS: 434
ITAs: 3035
Draw time: 8:14 am
Draw published: 4:24 pm
It took them EIGHT hours to publish it, is this the latest draw ever or what?!
I think it is. The last time we had a late day draw was around 3 something PM?

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your response.

As a matter of fact I have all documents ready, I am literally ready to submit them the day after I get the ITA. I am just hanging in there and hope for a draw next week. Though, I find it difficult to happen.
Hi there. CRS 432, hope you will be next for an ITA, so good luck!
Just saw you did TEF, right? What were your scores in each of 4 sections?

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hi there. CRS 432, hope you will be next for an ITA, so good luck!
Just saw you did TEF, right? What were your scores in each of 4 sections?
Hey there!

I don't remember the exact scores, but I do know I scored C1 on both listening and speaking and B2 on both reading and writing.

Uhuumm

Jun 11, 2017
I've never predicted a weekly draw not a score but thought of giving my 2 cents.

With all honesty and putting behind a false hope. I feel there will be no draw next week.

We have had 3 draws in August and another next week would put it at a total of 4 draws for a month. I think that's never happened before.

I think we will have the next draw on first week of September but I feel it would be aiming at a higher number of candidates, I feel around 3400 + reason being we are in the 9th month almost.

If you count front January being the first month and every 3 months being cut off for people to decline an ITA/not submit docs, than September would be the 3rd round of declines coming in.

I also feel the number of declines are quite huge as well, that's why we had a sudden 3 draw month in August with 1 back to back.

This rate of draws should continue and I feel September is the month when things start shaking up and almost if us with CRS scores that are in low 430s 420s get our shot.

***From personal experience as a immigrant in the USA for the past 20 years I have seen and heard multiple stories where the H1B Visa goes to the lottery system because everyone applies for it, regardless of intent to come to the States, regardless of valid documents, but for some reason they apply and eventually do it show up.

It makes it quite hard for people who actually have a job and really need a H1B visa.

Similarly, I feel there are a lot of applications that have got ITA's but don't have all there docs ready or are not ready to move. (Majority issue is of showing the funds) which leads to quite a number of rejections from IRCC as well.

Hence I feel, September should be quite an active month for a lot of us here.

Im currently at 427 and strongly feel I should get it at some point in September. Till then don't stress, don't feel down, don't worry...and if any time you're down...listen to '3 little birds' by Uncle Bob...it always works to get your spirits high.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Speaking of today's draw, I see the light at the end of tunnel. Because now we can expect larger draws and back-to-back draw as well :)
Can't wait to see again CRS decreasing very soon and touch the big WALL of 400 ;)
You can call me crazy but it's my belief and I'm always hopeful. So, plz stay positive dear friends!
All the best!