+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
You have a great score in Speaking :)

I bet you can improve Writing by 0.5 easily with a few tips.

For Listening you scored 31/40 to get 7. For scoring 8 you need 35/40.

Similarly for Reading you need 35 instead of 31 to score 7.

Thats only 4 questions mate. You can improve that by practicing regularly.
Thank you for ur encouraging words bro :)
My previous speaking score was 8.5 :)
Well u know I have practiced all cambrige ilets material for listening.I make mistakes go back rectify them and later in another test end up making new ones lol.I fail to identify the problem I have in listening...
Writing is another issue...I follow a proper structure that i have learnt in a short course I took at british council few months back.
Reading i have improved already and I guess i can get a better score with more practice...

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Well u know I have practiced all cambrige ilets material for listening.I make mistakes go back rectify them and later in another test end up making new ones lol.I fail to identify the problem I have in listening...
Writing is another issue...I follow a proper structure that i have learnt in a short course I took at british council few months back.
Reading i have improved already and I guess i can get a better score with more practice...
8.5 ;) Nice :)

Have you heard of IELTS Ryan? I think i had sent you his youtube channel link back in June. His ways helped me in securing a band 7 in Writing. I myself have written IELTS thrice because of Writing. I know how it feels :(

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
8.5 ;) Nice :)

Have you heard of IELTS Ryan? I think i had sent you his youtube channel link back in June. His ways helped me in securing a band 7 in Writing. I myself have written IELTS thrice because of Writing. I know how it feels :(
Yes you have and I have watched a few vids of ryan!so far no luck lol.
What do u think could be the problem in listening??haha am sorry for such a dumb question but, Iam just looking for suggestions on how to improve it.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Yes you have and I have watched a few vids of ryan!so far no luck lol.
What do u think could be the problem in listening??haha am sorry for such a dumb question but, Iam just looking for suggestions on how to improve it.
You are not dumb. Stop calling yourself that every time!

Maybe you are getting nervy during the exam. You should listen carefully and answer. If you miss out on a question then dont think about it move to the next one.

I missed 3 questions in my test yet i scored 35/40. I messed up the map in section 2. Made guesses and moved on.

Section 1 & 4 should be very easy you have to score 20/20 in those. They are one word answers 99 percent of the time

For section 2 & 3 there can be confusion at times. Ensure you dont get distracted in those conversations.

Look there are many options. You can go for PNPs like SINP if you have a low score. They open every month.

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
You are not dumb. Stop calling yourself that every time!

Maybe you are getting nervy during the exam. You should listen carefully and answer. If you miss out on a question then dont think about it move to the next one.

I missed 3 questions in my test yet i scored 35/40. I messed up the map in section 2. Made guesses and moved on.

Section 1 & 4 should be very easy you have to score 20/20 in those. They are one word answers 99 percent of the time

For section 2 & 3 there can be confusion at times. Ensure you dont get distracted in those conversations.

Look there are many options. You can go for PNPs like SINP if you have a low score. They open every month.
Yes you are right i do get abit nervous at the time of exam.I will try to overcome this problem and stay calm.
About the PNPs saskatchwan has my Noc in demand but my exp in tht is less.secondly We are not interested in that province anyway because my brother inlaw lives in newyork and we want to be close to him.So, the best option for us is only ontario and also my husband has more chances of gettin a good job in his filed in toronto.
Let see, for now am goin on vacation and gettin away from ilets crs etc etc haha...I need peace at the moment.when i get back i will start preparing for ilets once again.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Yes you are right i do get abit nervous at the time of exam.I will try to overcome this problem and stay calm.
About the PNPs saskatchwan has my Noc in demand but my exp in tht is less.secondly We are not interested in that province anyway because my brother inlaw lives in newyork and we want to be close to him.So, the best option for us is only ontario and also my husband has more chances of gettin a good job in his filed in toronto.
Let see, for now am goin on vacation and gettin away from ilets crs etc etc haha...I need peace at the moment.when i get back i will start preparing for ilets once again.
Enjoy your vacation :) All the best

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone, i have been following this ROH from 6months, i love reading your posts. I just want to thank everybody for spreading positivity here. Sitting at CRS 423, waiting and keeping the hopes alive. #cheers
Welcome to the family!!
It's a great place to be. The members here keep us all informed and clear up misconceptions. But best of all we encourage one another in our lowest moments!!

Last edited:

Mandeep26

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Can we have a draw this week ? Any chances ? I used to predict earlier but since June 6 changes, all my predictions went wrong. By the way, I'm not predicting draw this week too.

qwerty69

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Just a general tip that might be affecting your writing: check your articles and prepositions, as you're missing some of them when you write. That migh affect your score. If you scored 8.5 in speaking you definitely have the knowledge. Good luck!

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Just a general tip that might be affecting your writing: check your articles and prepositions, as you're missing some of them when you write. That migh affect your score. If you scored 8.5 in speaking you definitely have the knowledge. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the tip and u never know that might be the reason iam stuck at 6.5.I wil definitely work on this :)

Reactions: lino82

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Wow, 30 pages on a new ROH thread. How I missed this forum and the bunch of crazy members! I am just dropping by to thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers for my fast recovery. I feel better now but still won't be active on the forum in few more days.

I will keep this message simple and will not tag any names as you are all appreciated. I hope to be back soon! Always keep the ray alive and hopes burning! :)

Regards,
xty
The airplane message, "put your air mask on first before helping those around you" is a good general life reminder. Take the time you need to recover. And ignore me if I say, "Hurry Back!"

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone!

Hope you all are OK and happy for another weekend. And welcome back my dear sister @iamxty, hope to see you soon here, as you said you have crazy friends over here :D We all support you and want you to come back even stronger than before, so I am going to mention some of your crazy and loved friends, including me, coz I'm one of the big ones :D:p;)

@andieangel @Wandering Mind @TanakaM @ivancabrer @lino82 @shaun75 @mqamar1994 @Karnesh @gurpreet.ts @fahadsheikh @Sandeep198511 @tjsecondtry @trumprefugee @AlliBatista and others, hope you are Okey and having a wonderful weekend. Hope to see a draw next week so that we all continue our joy in this ROH until draw happened. Some of you are very busy I imagine, plz have a rest, because we all should be healthy and be ready for next week's surprise ;):)

PS: dear @AlliBatista get ready for another ROH creation, I mean for 71th, coz draw is coming ;)

Dear GOD, I have got killed if I don't mention our KING :D, dear @KingKurly, hope you and your father are OK too
Please update us on your wife and new baby. And any other little ones!

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Yes ur right but iam really fed up!!!!already tried 4 times...this time i was really frustrated aftr my exam as i knew i din do well and told me husband no more ilets for me lol.But later the support and encouragement i recieved from this forum gave me a new hope.am so glad to have ppl like you around me to give me the strength and all the postive energy tht i need at this time.thank you so much :)
Don't rush into taking it again. Take the time to really prepare. Also try to make every time you use english a practice in correct grammar. And if you are using a computer to post, pay attention to spelling.

I will be following this advice in learning french.