+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 69th Draw

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
On August 19th I would be re-appearing for IELTS for the second time this year . Will I get that CLB9 is playing on my mind daily .
A CLB9 will take my score to 469 from 403..
Any tips/advice would be appreciated especially on reading and getting that 8 in listening .... TIA
http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue
the exam library has so many practice tests...do all the tests (both academic & general)...understand the mistakes,make sure not to repeat...it'll help you score clb9...

Grudy

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Guys quick question:

In the EE profile Work History section, they ask about when you "first became qualified to practice in this occupation"

In my case, I work as an electrical inspectior under NOC 2264 (Link: https://goo.gl/BCD3uN) which states:
  • Completion of secondary school is required.
  • A college diploma in construction, civil engineering or architectural technology plus several years of related work experience
    or
    Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade, such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical trade are required.
I graduated highschool in 2010 and got my engineering degree in 2014, which date should I put in this field?

Please note that I only submitted my College degree for WES (ECA) evaluation

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

SazzadHN

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
NOC Code......
I am really looking forward to having a coffee in Tim Hortons with you and many others on here. I've met some really fastastic people on here (yourself included) and would love to keep in contact once we land.

I'm typically a glass half full type of guy at the best of times, but the optimism and positivity from many of you on here is not just delusionary, but a real driving force. It certainly helped me have the mindset that 'I'm going' and then my subconscious just has to work on the 'how' bit. I am certain that the people and optimism on here were partly behind me pushing my wife to sit the IELTS. Now I probably would have gotten around to it eventually but I suspect not a quick if it wasn't for the 'Hope' here. I'm also going to start to prepare my paperwork for a NOI even through I haven't got one yet, solely based on a positive mindset.

So when people on here start to tell others to get 'get real' and that we are living with false hope, then I feel sorry for them. Because that hope has got me to get off my back side and get other 30 points and it put me in a really strong position to get a nomination secured quickly if I get the chance. That positivity and optimism has made REAL differences to my situation.

And that's why I feel sorry for the people on here who are negative. I wonder where they would be in this process and in life in general if they could have even a fraction of the atitude of some of the positive people on here.
we are lucky to have you with us here, friend! we will have that coffee time in Timmy's some time next year!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
It's August and for me it's like Christmas is coming. I'm checking the post everyday and now on first name terms with the post lady. Two small precious little letters are due to arrive over the next 8 days and with them another priceless 30 CRS points. My wife's IELTS points and her Masters points.

I'm thinking I should start packing for Canada now! :D
Congrats :) Note that you do not need to receive the IELTS score report or ECA in the mail to update your EE profile. You just need to grab the TrfNumber at the bottom of the page showing the IELTS score online, and the ECA# from the PDF that WES posts online. So you can update your EE profile and get the extra points right now instead of having to wait for the snail mail.

And yes, you are right to prepare your documents for OINP now instead of waiting for a NOI. Almost everything that you need to get for OINP you will need post ITA anyway (only your birth certificate and letter of intent to reside in Ontario are required for OINP but not for the federal system post ITA). So once the OINP system opens again, you will be able to submit the moment you receive NOI, unlike me. I received my NOI on July 11, frantically and diligently started gathering my documents right away, but was not ready to submit until July 25, a day too late, and I am kicking myself every day for that!

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Congrats :) Note that you do not need to receive the IELTS score report or ECA in the mail to update your EE profile. You just need to grab the TrfNumber at the bottom of the page showing the IELTS score online, and the ECA# from the PDF that WES posts online. So you can update your EE profile and get the extra points right now instead of having to wait for the snail mail.

And yes, you are right to prepare your documents for OINP now instead of waiting for a NOI. Almost everything that you need to get for OINP you will need post ITA anyway (only your birth certificate and letter of intent to reside in Ontario are required for OINP but not for the federal system post ITA). So once the OINP system opens again, you will be able to submit the moment you receive NOI, unlike me. I received my NOI on July 11, frantically and diligently started gathering my documents right away, but was not ready to submit until July 25, a day too late, and I am kicking myself every day for that!
Don't injure yourself with the kicking, you sure will get around with it at least you have NOI. Btw can anyone list the documents required for OINP?. Thanks in advance

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys, I have a typical case to share and hope I can get some help for the person. Sometime in 2005, the husband walked away from their home, the marriage and their 2 kids. When the lady tried to reach him, he said she should never try to and that as a matter of fact he was throwing the SIM away and he did cos from then on he was not reachable till date. Now the lady is about to apply to SINP OID, she is not divorced nor legally separated. How does she go about this. Cos if she puts married without accompanying spouse wouldn't they be asking for spousal consent to immigrate with the children?

vijay lanka

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi guys, I have a typical case to share and hope I can get some help for the person. Sometime in 2005, the husband walked away from their home, the marriage and their 2 kids. When the lady tried to reach him, he said she should never try to and that as a matter of fact he was throwing the SIM away and he did cos from then on he was not reachable till date. Now the lady is about to apply to SINP OID, she is not divorced nor legally separated. How does she go about this. Cos if she puts married without accompanying spouse wouldn't they be asking for spousal consent to immigrate with the children?
HI, am not sure how far am correct but if you can get the police complaint given at the time when her husband left her or if she tried to approach any lawyer for this matter she can put them as proof for her case backing up with the affidavit from the lawyer. Probably this might help her but am not sure on this, plz try and find out from someone who is more knowlegeable.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Don't injure yourself with the kicking, you sure will get around with it at least you have NOI. Btw can anyone list the documents required for OINP?. Thanks in advance
Haha thanks for the encouragement. I don't have my own list, but APPENDIX 5: HUMAN CAPITAL PRIORITIES STREAM DOCUMENT CHECKLIST in the instructions has a good checklist that I checked repeatedly (starts on page 47 of the PDF):
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
I guess this woman is a Nigerian, has she ever spoken to a lawyer about this? Divorce can be given in Nigeria as long as one spouse abandons the other for more than a year, even if the other spouse is not present. She needs to speak to a divorce lawyer in Nigeria as soon as possible, who will file the divorce/separation proceedings at the court and she will be given documents to prove everything. Depending on the outcome, she can go for legally separated or divorced, but they will definitely do something at the court. If the kids are old enough, they will be asked to testify, and other family members might be invited too.

Last edited:

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
HI, am not sure how far am correct but if you can get the police complaint given at the time when her husband left her or if she tried to approach any lawyer for this matter she can put them as proof for her case backing up with the affidavit from the lawyer. Probably this might help her but am not sure on this, plz try and find out from someone who is more knowlegeable.
Thanks a lot. She has a notarized affidavit stating her situation.