+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

brilew

Jan 19, 2017
Short version:

He's the one responsible for ending the 28-days interval between 65th and 66th draws, using some kind of weird black magic I never really understood completely. :D

He was expelled from the forum shortly afterwards for offending basically everyone. :rolleyes:
Ok. So I intend to do a recce of those threads soon, just to pee-kaa-boo

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
***My 12-year journey with Immigration** (and still counting)

I am relatively a newbie in this forum and would like to share my Canadian immigration journey with everyone. Lately we have seen some people lose hope and hopefully my story will give strength to some of us to keep steering through these ebb and flows of the immigration ocean.

My journey with CIC started in 2005 when i first applied through the paper based system. I attempted IELTS thrice (1st - 7.5 overall, 2nd - 8 overall, 3rd - 7.5 overall) and submitted my complete application somewhere in early 2006 through an immigration consultant (o_Oo_O lottts of eye rolling and head smacking!). After the launch of EE and the subsequent litigation for pre-2008 cases, i hung on with the hope (some of which perpetuated by the consultant) that i still might make it. Subsequently, in late 2011 CIC started refunding and refusing all pre-2008 cases and i suddenly was set back by 6 years. The consultant really tried to convince me to reapply under EE (obviously to swindle me more!) but I lost all hope and decided never to proceed.

In the meanwhile, i did my masters, got married, had kids and suddenly started to think again for my family's future. Last year i was in mid 300s on the CRS, i got my ECA, gave my IELTS for a 4th time (this time i made it to CLB 10!) and finally made it to 439. I missed the May 31st CRS-413 draw by a week due to IELTS results and missed the early July draw by 1 point!

Countless times i get into the F5-frenzy but then again i remind myself of all the waiting i have already done and that gives me peace and above all..... HOPE! The only reason we come here is to have a vision and hope for a future where we see ourselves better than where we are now. Hopefully that vision turns into a reality for all of us very soon....

If not in this ROH, then maybe in the ROH 69 or ROH 70....I'm not losing hope.
wow, quite painful tho. I got the Ontario expression of interest and missed the chance to accept it...i hope the window opens for all of us soon

Reactions: Javed4190

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
May I say something? I'm only about a week old on this forum and don't mean to transgress the bounds of any established etiquette here, but I have noticed that whenever someone posts anything even remotely negative with regard to the outcome of the draw, they are ridiculed and even bullied by other members.

I am seeing right now, for example, one member on here bullying another for his bad spelling and grammar (when his/her English is nowhere near perfect I might add). I think this is really unnecessary.

I see posts all the time on here, about how it is easy to be pessimistic but it takes courage to be optimistic. I don't believe this to be true. In fact, science has proven this to be false. It just comes easier for some than for others; depends on your genetic makeup... In fact, some thinkers say that it is pessimists who experience and perceive true reality. The rest of us optimists are just delusional.

Don't get me wrong, I am not denying for one minute the benefits and power of delusion. It is wonderful and gets you through the most trying times. My point is that not all of us are predisposed to delusional optimism, and besides realism has its advantages too. Maybe these naysayers can bring to our attention a point we hadn't considered before, something that could be constructive towards our common goal of obtaining that ITA.

Yes, this thread is called the "Ray of Hope," and I can understand that we want to maintain an optimistic vibe here; maybe reading a negative post is unpleasant to you; but have you ever stopped to think that perhaps some come here in search of hope. Maybe they need a place to air out their fears so they can be assuaged? Can we more supportive of our pessimistic "brothers and sisters" here?