+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Vai

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
There is something i don't understand with this IELTS writing. While i think it should be the easiest to score a reasonable band, it was my worst!. Had L8.5 R8.5 S8.5 W7.
Is it possible that using the essay planning structures from ielts advantage, ryan, etc is not a good idea, but rather write in your own style?
Paraphrasing..using
I am also a victim of 0.5 less in writing. Otherwise I would have 470 CRS.
i doubt that they are doing it deliberately.. i lost clb 9 twice just fr .5 .. still i keep hope.. will attempt again in August.

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
ohh you have already learnt french, how long did it take for you to reach to basic?
I know french from childhood but ido know english from childhood too and comparing the 2 exams tef is way better, not necessarily easier but i had to study really hard for ielts and did nothing for tef.. what i want to say is that you can fo through an advance learning session for a few months and try the exam while waiting for the ita to come..

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
So almost ev
of course it is not deliberately. Just bad luck.
There are too many people in this situation to be a bad luck.. i think it is quite difficulte to revoke .5 for writing as it can be quite subjective for that half point and it is an easy money for the institution.. i think it is quite obvious..

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Paraphrasing..using

i doubt that they are doing it deliberately.. i lost clb 9 twice just fr .5 .. still i keep hope.. will attempt again in August.
hmm. My wife who is Primary applicant lost by .5 4 times when she made it the 5th time and we have an ITA. so don't lose hope. Important thing is to practice. practice with somebody who is better than you in communication. get a qn, record the answer on phone and see where you have gaps.. IMp for speaking... practice listening with online materials... learn synonyms .. important for writing.. read news papers specifically editorials. learn the new words...use dictionary.. practice..practice and practice......

BC or IDP don't have any love or hatred for you as an individual.. if you think your marking is not correct , you can ask for a re-mark. i had also written IELTS and got and improved score in writing

Arod

May 15, 2017
Paraphrasing..using

I read somewhere that if you choose "Immigration to Canada or whatever place" when you register for your test the examiners will give you a grade low enough in one of the components in order to make you take the test again.

I´m not sure how true this is, but I´m starting to think that this might be far from a myth. The first time I took the test I got 8 in Writing, Reading and Speaking. I took the test again one month later as my Listening score wasn´t good enough, knowing that I was doing well in all of the other components and that I only had to worry about improving my Listening mark.

The second time I took the test my Listening score reached the level I wanted, Reading and Speaking remained high as I anticipated, but they unexpectedly gave me a 6.5 in Writing when just the previous month they gave me an 8. This crashed my chances of getting full points for language. I have applied for a remark as I´m sure I did better in Writing this time than when I got an 8, but I´ll need to wait for around 6 to 8 weeks for a resolution.

I also read an user who after several failed attempts one day decided to choose "Personal Reasons" as the reason to take the test and got the results she needed.

So, this kind of things makes me think.

bbbusa

Jul 27, 2017
I read somewhere that if you choose "Immigration to Canada or whatever place" when you register for your test the examiners will give you a grade low enough in one of the components in order to make you take the test again.

I´m not sure how true this is, but I´m starting to think that this might be far from a myth. The first time I took the test I got 8 in Writing, Reading and Speaking. I took the test again one month later as my Listening score wasn´t good enough, knowing that I was doing well in all of the other components and that I only had to worry about improving my Listening mark.

The second time I took the test my Listening score reached the level I wanted, Reading and Speaking remained high as I anticipated, but they unexpectedly gave me a 6.5 in Writing when just the previous month they gave me an 8. This crashed my chances of getting full points for language. I have applied for a remark as I´m sure I did better in Writing this time than when I got an 8, but I´ll need to wait for around 6 to 8 weeks for a resolution.

I also read an user who after several failed attempts one day decided to choose "Personal Reasons" as the reason to take the test and got the results she needed.

So, this kind of things makes me think.
I don't think that's true at all. I took it for the first time in Feb 2017 and got R9 L9 S8.5 W8. I put immigration to Canada when registering and was asked again before the speaking section.

Arod

May 15, 2017
I don't think that's true at all. I took it for the first time in Feb 2017 and got R9 L9 S8.5 W8. I put immigration to Canada when registering and was asked again before the speaking section.
As I said, several people have experienced this. I´m not saying they are right or wrong, but it makes you wonder.

Reactions: edah