+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

raj2017

May 22, 2017
Same here, sitting at 414, my spouse retaking the IELTS next week - possible to gain up to 12 points. Missed the Ontario window before they closed it. Considering if should start to learn french in 2 weeks.
even if you start learning french, wont it required at least 1 year to reach at a lever that get us some extra point, i have been learning English since i was 14 years old and still i am missing .5 band in writing everytime i dont know how long will it take to learn french?

Reactions: Mithu3 and baka

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
even if you start learning french, wont it required at least 1 year to reach at a lever that get us some extra point, i have been learning English since i was 14 years old and still i am missing .5 band in writing everytime i dont know how long will it take to learn french?
I took both exams, tef and ielts, and oknmy french is advanced but the tef exam is easier than ielts for sure as i haven't spoken french for years and have been studying a lot for ielts still got cbl 8 from first shot in french so i think it is worth to give it a try

Reactions: Mithu3

SSS15

Jul 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
My ielts score :

R: 7.5, L; 8.5 , W;6.5 S:7.5, current crs 417 and if if get my w;7 expected crs : 475 .

any suggestions.
Hi Saqib ... I have exactly same IELTS score ... slightly better CRS score ... I am planning to start preparation again from this weekend ... I would suggest that you should also do some preparation and try to increase .5 in writing ... but do maintain focus on overall IELTS ... best of luck :)

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
may i know the meaning of HCP pls thanks
HCP: Human Capital Priority.you can apply in this stream if you meet the minimum Human Capital factors requirement for Ontario province,for eg, language scores, education, work experience etc..
However the intake for this stream is put on hold currently, you should wait for it to start again.

Vai

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hi Saqib ... I have exactly same IELTS score ... slightly better CRS score ... I am planning to start preparation again from this weekend ... I would suggest that you should also do some preparation and try to increase .5 in writing ... but do maintain focus on overall IELTS ... best of luck :)
I wonder how you lost for writing.. it is the easiest skill to score.. all you need is to understand what type of essay is given for task 2.. please go through the tips required to write 6 different types of essays asked in ielts.. i wd suggest Chris advantage ielts videos.

raj2017

May 22, 2017
I took both exams, tef and ielts, and oknmy french is advanced but the tef exam is easier than ielts for sure as i haven't spoken french for years and have been studying a lot for ielts still got cbl 8 from first shot in french so i think it is worth to give it a try
ohh you have already learnt french, how long did it take for you to reach to basic?

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I wonder how you lost for writing.. it is the easiest skill to score.. all you need is to understand what type of essay is given for task 2.. please go through the tips required to write 6 different types of essays asked in ielts.. i wd suggest Chris advantage ielts videos.
There is something i don't understand with this IELTS writing. While i think it should be the easiest to score a reasonable band, it was my worst!. Had L8.5 R8.5 S8.5 W7.
Is it possible that using the essay planning structures from ielts advantage, ryan, etc is not a good idea, but rather write in your own style?

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Bro i am from pak too and i dont mean to discourage u or something 95% people i know were left out with .5 less in one band , its a conspiracy by idp and b council they are minting money , u should go to uae and give celpip , i gave through both of them and both times .5 less in writing , i am also sitting @ 412 but i am not going to give it again , if i do it will be celpip

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Bro i am from pak too and i dont mean to discourage u or something 95% people i know were left out with .5 less in one band , its a conspiracy by idp and b council they are minting money , u should go to uae and give celpip , i gave through both of them and both times .5 less in writing , i am also sitting @ 412 but i am not going to give it again , if i do it will be celpip
I am also a victim of 0.5 less in writing. Otherwise I would have 470 CRS.