+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Let me start out by remind everyone that because of my age/low score, I've got more reason to hope that the score drops than almost everyone here. But I need to be realistic to make appropriate long term plans to improve my maxed out score. So here are my thoughts on the next draw.

I didn't do my own predictions because it appears that several people are using very similar methodology to calculate the rate of new entrants into the pool. It's the rate of new entrants over the last cut off and the rate between the last cut-off and the projected new cut-off that are having most effect on the cut-off right now.

With that said, the folks that are looking at those rates are predicting a much smaller drop than those who say "last time it dropped x points from 440." When you also factor in the draws have been for roughly 500 fewer ITAs in the last two draws, it also suggests a much smaller drop. Based on the other folks analysis, I'm guessing the CRS will be 436 unless the number of ITAs increases again.

I know these thoughts won't make me any friends, but I don't want people to be crushed when the score doesn't drop as much as they think it should.

My master's in Toronto starts in January. I need to work harder on the French. I will get my score up no matter how long it takes. The only good side about being old is that they can't subtract any more points on my birthday, lol.
Well, I for one appreciate your opinion...:)

All the best with your masters, and hope you will get your PR before you get there.

Reactions: andieangel
Jun 30, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Please tell me how you got a Band 8 in Writing! Thats what im aiming for!
I'll be honest, I found the Writing quite easy. Part 1 was an informal letter which is really straight forward. Part 2 was an essay on education which is something I'm really passionate about and I think my passion came across very well which helped score.

The layout for the essay I used was as follows:
Introduction - introduce the topic, paraphrase the question, and briefly answer the question with a quick argument for, an argument against, and my own opinion.
Main body - 2 separate paragraphs - one for arguments for and the second for arguments against.
Conclusion - essentially rewording the introduction

The best advice I'd be able to give is to use extensive vocabulary. Write in clear sentences and paragraphs. Use words such as moreover, nevertheless, firstly, lastly, in my opinion, some believe.. etc etc.

I hope this helps you get a Band 9 ;)

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
iamxty said:
Hey bro, how's post-ITA? Good to see you in ROH again.

QUOTE="Umidjon90, post: 6203648, member: 565690"]Hi bro! I am waiting for my PCC now) I often visit Ray of Hope thread as it is the most interesting and lovely thread;)![/QUOTE]

Correction of mistake):
Hi sister :)!

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Guys i am disappointed i appeared for ielts again and got 8.5 7 7.5 6.5 last time i got 8 6.5 7 8 everytime i lost 60 points because of this i tried bc and idp , i am quite good in english people at test were saying they are minting money through us by lowering one score few were appearing for the fourth time, i am quite good in english and i practiced and studied hard, i now am live on 412 it could have been 472 , i dont want to give ielts again its quite demotivating i plan to give celpip from dubai at the end of august , need kind suggestions and motivations

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
Guys i am disappointed i appeared for ielts again and got 8.5 7 7.5 6.5 last time i got 8 6.5 7 8 everytime i lost 60 points because of this i tried bc and idp , i am quite good in english people at test were saying they are minting money through us by lowering one score few were appearing for the fourth time, i am quite good in english and i practiced and studied hard, i now am live on 412 it could have been 472 , i dont want to give ielts again its quite demotivating i plan to give celpip from dubai at the end of august , need kind suggestions and motivations
Don't worry. I would suggest you to try your luck with re-evaluation of the modules that you feel confident of... All the best

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
In which sections did u lose the .5 ?

Corey26

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, it's quite often that candidates lack that elusive 0.5 to get 7 score either in writing or speaking which is what IDP and BC intentionally keep doing it so as to poor IELTS takers redo the test all over again for the sake of money gaining through this malicious act.

You're advised to call for an appeal to get your writing score remakred by those unmerciful greedy bandit (IDP and BC). That said, do resit the exam by booking the earliest lot available in your area even though you've already made an appeal, that's don't just wait until you've got the appeal outcome.

Goodluck and don't ever give up on your mission! you've got to achieve what's supposed to be achieved!

P.S: If you need any materials for IELTS writing module, then I'm glad to provide you with the ultimate resources to grade the highest score possible.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hi, it's quite often that candidates lack that elusive 0.5 to get 7 score either in writing or speaking which is what IDP and BC intentionally keep doing it so as to poor IELTS takers redo the test all over again for the sake of money gaining through this malicious act.

You're advised to call for an appeal to get your writing score remakred by those unmerciful greedy bandit (IDP and BC). That said, do resit the exam by booking the earliest lot available in your area even though you've already made an appeal, that's don't just wait until you've got the appeal outcome.

Goodluck and don't ever give up on your mission! you've got to achieve what's supposed to be achieved!

P.S: If you need any materials for IELTS writing module, then I'm glad to provide you with the ultimate resources to grade the highest score possible.
Bro thank you so much for the reply , i am from karachi pakistan , believe me everyone i talked to had appeared 3-4 times and they hate bc and idp , i feel they will do it again with me, but i will consider giving it again for the last time if i couldnt go to dubai for celpip, if u can please send me some material for writing @ arsalanzaffar@gmail.com i will appreciate it immensely, few people told me to wait for a month and see how scores act do u think its ok to wait till august end..

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017

Can I get that writing materials?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Wacky1.nash, Thanks for the PR hopes. But January is pretty tight. I'll apply for the student visa so I'm covered either way.
You are landing before us! See you in Canada! :)

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
iamxty said:
Hey bro, how's post-ITA? Good to see you in ROH again.

Hi bro! I am waiting for my PCC now) I often visit Ray of Hope thread as it is the most interesting and lovely thread;)!
Correction of mistake):
Hi sister :)!
No problem. :) I wish you all the best in the post-ITA process.

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hello experts! I would like to know that I am at 434. Should I obtain WES of my wife's qualifications, which may help me to reach 441 or 443? Or should I wait for next draw?