+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
This forum has been very encouraging and I hope that everyone gets their ITAs soon enough.. :)
That's the whole point of this thread - we support and encourage each other every step of the way.

I don't know about other members, but I'd be insane by now if I hadn't discovered the Ray of Hope.

I can't say this enough - thank you friends for always having a kind word and not giving up on each other.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hey guys what are the documents that we can obtain in advance? Like, before getting an ITA?

I mean, I know that medical tests shouldn't be obtained before ITA.
How about others?

Nc31

May 10, 2017
That's the whole point of this thread - we support and encourage each other every step of the way.

I don't know about other members, but I'd be insane by now if I hadn't discovered the Ray of Hope.

I can't say this enough - thank you friends for always having a kind word and not giving up on each other.
:)Just like you, with your ITA and you are still here to support others.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Let me start out by remind everyone that because of my age/low score, I've got more reason to hope that the score drops than almost everyone here. But I need to be realistic to make appropriate long term plans to improve my maxed out score. So here are my thoughts on the next draw.

I didn't do my own predictions because it appears that several people are using very similar methodology to calculate the rate of new entrants into the pool. It's the rate of new entrants over the last cut off and the rate between the last cut-off and the projected new cut-off that are having most effect on the cut-off right now.

With that said, the folks that are looking at those rates are predicting a much smaller drop than those who say "last time it dropped x points from 440." When you also factor in the draws have been for roughly 500 fewer ITAs in the last two draws, it also suggests a much smaller drop. Based on the other folks analysis, I'm guessing the CRS will be 436 unless the number of ITAs increases again.

I know these thoughts won't make me any friends, but I don't want people to be crushed when the score doesn't drop as much as they think it should.

My master's in Toronto starts in January. I need to work harder on the French. I will get my score up no matter how long it takes. The only good side about being old is that they can't subtract any more points on my birthday, lol.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Let me start out by remind everyone that because of my age/low score, I've got more reason to hope that the score drops than almost everyone here. But I need to be realistic to make appropriate long term plans to improve my maxed out score. So here are my thoughts on the next draw.

I didn't do my own predictions because it appears that several people are using very similar methodology to calculate the rate of new entrants into the pool. It's the rate of new entrants over the last cut off and the rate between the last cut-off and the projected new cut-off that are having most effect on the cut-off right now.

With that said, the folks that are looking at those rates are predicting a much smaller drop than those who say "last time it dropped x points from 440." When you also factor in the draws have been for roughly 500 fewer ITAs in the last two draws, it also suggests a much smaller drop. Based on the other folks analysis, I'm guessing the CRS will be 436 unless the number of ITAs increases again.

I know these thoughts won't make me any friends, but I don't want people to be crushed when the score doesn't drop as much as they think it should.

My master's in Toronto starts in January. I need to work harder on the French. I will get my score up no matter how long it takes. The only good side about being old is that they can't subtract any more points on my birthday

My master's in Toronto starts in January. I need to work harder on the French. I will get my score up no matter how long it takes. The only good side about being old is that they can't subtract any more points on my birthday, lol.
Well, I for one appreciate your opinion...

All the best with your masters, and hope you will get your PR before you get there.