+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

raj2017

May 22, 2017
Yes she has applied with bachelors. She has 5 years B.Arch. degree. But she gets 10 more points than me for age so it evens out. I have always been self employed so much more paperwork for me prove my work experience. So we decided to apply with her as primary applicant.

Where are you from Wacky?
hey i am also self employed and i think being self employed there are less paperwork then other salaried person, you just have to put your IT returns and something to show that you are self employed, btw what are you?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Does GRE no longer use 800 point score system?

And good work on your score. What kind of scores do the schools you are interested in want?
It changed to 340 back in 2011.

I am actually still divided on what I want to study. The scores I got today is more than sufficient for graduate/ phd courses at even the top tier schools like Harvard, Stanford. But I am toying with the idea of MBA now, and to get into Harvard MBA you need a combined score of about 330 - 332.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

I am actually still divided on what I want to study. The scores I got today is more than sufficient for graduate/ phd courses at even the top tier schools like Harvard, Stanford. But I am toying with the idea of MBA now, and to get into Harvard MBA you need a combined score of about 330 - 332.
I might just end up at the University of Toronto or British Columbia or Mc Gill University if my PR goes through. And yeah these scores are sufficient for that.

Reactions: am102

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017

For the MBA, the schools are often more lenient on scores for foreign students. Work experience at top tier company and recommendations from high-level or school-connected people count more. Been there, done that at one of them. PM me if you'd like.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I might just end up at the University of Toronto or British Columbia or Mc Gill University if my PR goes through. And yeah these scores are sufficient for that.
Just out of curiosity, you don't want to do it on a student visa? I think I have to do it that way in order to raise my CRS enough. Starting student visa paperwork now.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
We have been through a lot in these ROH threads. Does anyone of you still remember that draw when we saw the rounds page with 1,XXX ITAs and XXX points?

Feels like I've been here for XX years :D
It indeed feels like ages since we've been chasing the Canadian dream ;)

Good luck to us all. Hope all of get to Canada as soon as possible!

Reactions: andieangel and baka

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Just out of curiosity, you don't want to do it on a student visa? I think I have to do it that way in order to raise my CRS enough. Starting student visa paperwork now.
That's an option too. But doing it with a PR status entitles you to much lower tuition fees. Especially in University of Toronto, there is a stark difference. Of course the tuition in Canada is anyway much lower than the states. So still might be beneficial for you to study in Canada.

Reactions: andieangel