Ray of Hope 67th Draw

andy12345

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
To all people who are taking IELTS. Here is how I improved my score in writing.

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-ielts-writing-task-2/

I got 7.5 because of this course in Writing(You can see about my failures in the Signature below). The guy has formulas for how to write and what to write. It is $10 USD only at this moment. I think it is a small price to pay for good score.

One of the other important thing to remember is to let some expert grade your essays. This will let you know where you stand and what needs to be done to improve yourself. I did it online http://www.ieltsanswers.com/ . But he is ok. You can probably find someone better than him for grading purposes.

manuce

Star Member
May 12, 2016
I was Happy last Saturday as my score was 446 so I was looking like this :)

No its 449 so I am looking like this now :(

I hope in next draw I look like this :)

I gave CELPIP in Vancouver as I am on LMIA WP since 2016 so waiting for my 1 year so that I can go for EE CEC

my CELPIP Score was 8L 7R 7W 7S ( I got extra mar in Writing when I applied for revaluation so if you have given Celpip its worth apply for score revaluation usually they give 1 extra marks)

Goodluck everyone.

Reactions: lino82

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Those with CRS above 410 are pretty sure to receive an ITA , max at August imho. CRS 400-410 is another story, since based on CIC data, it seems to be very populated. The cut-off will move very slowly, in this interval.

Reactions: hahaHHH

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Reactions: KingKurly

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
I just went to look into mine and it does not have Quebec as an option.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm waiting for an ITA since the last 9 months and for OINP for the last 17 days. I'm slowly losing my mind ;) Don't know how I'll keep my sanity when my PR application is being processed ;)
You are not loosing your mind dear, it is just wandering lol. Anyway, i know given the circumstance of your OINP application, it is normal. Keep holding on and hopefully you will have your nomination next week :)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey man, I understand your venting and yes having an NOI gives you some strategic flexibility. In 2014 before all of this new EE came into play, my application was returned. Back then processing was a horror and longer. I was like the hell with Canada lol. Then I came back this year and took the IELTS to bump up my score. Let me put in my little disclaimer :) *if you are in the low 400s, frustrated, and want to exhaust all options, you may want to consider nomination* In the long run I do believe the scores will decrease. However, time is precious too. I said I was going to wait because I have other options. I still try to live my life outside of Canada PR and EE. I agree that 1500 dollars compared to getting your dreams is a cake walk but some people may have severe constraints to risk spending even that right now. And for those persons, time (i.e. waiting for ITA) might be seen as cheaper than 1500$. But at the end of the day all of us need to get this PR because I want us to have a Ray of Hope Ceremony in Canada.:D
Very well said. Amen to that :)

Reactions: andieangel

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you guys appearing again in ILETS? i don't know even i am confuse what shall i do ? i am at 405. recent draw had deff disappointed us and now since so many Ppl with less then 400 crs are getting NOI, however, once they get NOI then they have to accept it and submit their papers and then within month or two they will get their 600 points isn't it? and if this being true i think crs score will reach to 405 before NOI issued can do any damage, what is your opinion?
Yes i have decided to re-appear in IELTS again. It is not just about spending 1500 CAD and hassle of arranging additional work relevant documents. For me it is also about self confidence. I know i am very well capable of CLB 9 if not 10. If i be perfectly honest, i haven't put much effort for my previous tests at all. Hence i do not want to live with the thought that i never tried to achieve the score and did away with the easy option. I want to make myself commit cos life ain't gonna be a piece of cake when we get to Canada. Call it my ego i don't blame you. Maybe if i do not achieve score again, i can then happily accept the OINP knowing at least, yes i tried my best. Maybe by then HCP quota will be filled but this something i have to do it. I hope you get my concern.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, but actually i hate all the modules except speaking :)
I love speaking too :) More than 50% of my current work involves speaking and listening. Unfortunately its in my native language. I like writing too, listening i can conquer by enough practice but reading is starting to be a bit of a challenge lol.

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
Yes i have decided to re-appear in IELTS again. It is not just about spending 1500 CAD and hassle of arranging additional work relevant documents. For me it is also about self confidence. I know i am very well capable of CLB 9 if not 10. If i be perfectly honest, i haven't put much effort for my previous tests at all. Hence i do not want to live with the thought that i never tried to achieve the score and did away with the easy option. I want to make myself commit cos life ain't gonna be a piece of cake when we get to Canada. Call it my ego i don't blame you. Maybe if i do not achieve score again, i can then happily accept the OINP knowing at least, yes i tried my best. Maybe by then HCP quota will be filled but this something i have to do it. I hope you get my concern.
Completely understand your position. I've been dreaming about Canada for 20 years now, so I know I would spend the $1500, but that's just down to my situation. Everyone is different and has to live with their own choices in life. I suspect you'll do just fine in the end.

Reactions: KingKurly

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely understand your position. I've been dreaming about Canada for 20 years now, so I know I would spend the $1500, but that's just down to my situation. Everyone is different and has to live with their own choices in life. I suspect you'll do just fine in the end.
Thanks Shaun. 20 years is a long time. I'm sure you would accept NOI in a heart beat. I would have too before the start of the year. Human eh! Never enough lol. Tell me one thing mate, are you Irish by any chance?

Last edited: