+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Each time a high CRS comes to the forum, it's a blow to the low scorers. The number of ITAs are limited, and every time a high scorer comes, he/she is literrally taking away the hopes of everyone below that score.
IRCC created the system. Blame them, not the candidates.

Be considerate, it's like a pseudo-rich showing off and mocking at the less fortunate.
I've wanted to settle in Canada for over 10 years, and I only just qualified to enter the pool a few months ago after a LOT of hard work. My CRS score is modest at best, but I'm not gonna get frustrated with others for scoring better than me.

In life there's always gonna be someone better off in some way. If high scorers are coming in here just to brag then fine, we should have at them, but if they're just expressing the same concerns as us, then I don't think it's fair to demonize them just for that. We're all adults here, and we shouldn't expect others to censor themselves just to avoid hurting our feelings.

Last edited:

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
That's because we're busy reading through all the other posts and trying very hard to find the Ray of Hope in all the questions ;)

Sometimes I don't even recognise this thread and get a feeling I'm on the wrong thread.

If only people would be kind enough to post their questions in the relevant threads!
I love you! <3

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Now I am thinking there will be only one draw per month and cutt off will not come down below 435 .. It's so sad after one draw in June CIC didn't triggered another draw after a week. Lets see draw will come on 12th.
Don't think about that, this is the ROH forum!! We'll continue to have 2 draws...until we see only one!

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
The wait game is killing me. Been more than a month now in the pool with 446 points. Missed the last cutoff by a whisker, now again the patience test. The countdown has started folks.

Hoping to clear it this time. #FingersCrossed
That makes two of us!

Reactions: somak2001

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
I lived in China under the visa L... In case of Type F or L, i would attach the FBI website that states: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html#policerecords-6

"
Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a reeducation through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose reeducation through labor. It is important to distinguish reeducation through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses. "

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
The wait game is killing me. Been more than a month now in the pool with 446 points. Missed the last cutoff by a whisker, now again the patience test. The countdown has started folks.

Hoping to clear it this time. #FingersCrossed
You've been in the pool for just one month and your patience is running thin?! ;)

Some of us have been waiting nearly a year and are now on the brink of insanity :p:D

Edit: Oops! Sorry didn't realise a lot of discussion had happened around this comment already. This was the first comment I saw when I logged on in just now and I commented immediately. No offence to anyone. I was just being a clown.

Deekap

Jun 28, 2017
Thank you..i was going to quote this one along with other correspondence . Thank a lot for your guidance. :)

I lived in China under the visa L... In case of Type F or L, i would attach the FBI website that states: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html#policerecords-6

"
Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a reeducation through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose reeducation through labor. It is important to distinguish reeducation through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses. "

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
So even though he has a high chance of being picked he doesn't get the opportunity to be worried?

Maybe you should go and actually read up about what empathy really is.

You are also being very aggressive with your use of exclamation marks :rolleyes:

I'm done with this line of conversation. Good luck to us all moving forward.

I don't think the CRS will drop to my level anytime soon, even with my wife taking the IELTS so I'm prepping my Ontario paperwork; wish me luck
All the very best..

Reactions: GavinSouthAfrica

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
You've been in the pool for just one month and your patience is running thin?! ;)

Some of us have been waiting nearly a year and are now on the brink of insanity :p:D

Edit: Oops! Sorry didn't realise a lot of discussion had happened around this comment already. This was the first comment I saw when I logged on in just now and I commented immediately. No offence to anyone. I was just being a clown.
:D:p:D:p

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Guys, regardless of how long one has been waiting, he could have achieved 446 and is now waiting 40 days for something that, if we had regular biweekly draws, he would have gotten. We don't know, so let's not jump to conclusions too quickly. We should be all empathic here. This is a ray of hope for everyone, including those who come here and ask if they get any chance with 839 points.

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Thank you..i was going to quote this one along with other correspondence . Thank a lot for your guidance. :)
No problem, if you can share with me the correspondence you're using, I'd be grateful too... when my ITA comes, I will have to do the same.

Reactions: Deekap

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Guys, regardless of how long one has been waiting, he could have achieved 446 and is now waiting 40 days for something that, if we had regular biweekly draws, he would have gotten. We don't know, so let's not jump to conclusions too quickly. We should be all empathic here. This is a ray of hope for everyone, including those who come here and ask if they get any chance with 839 points.
LMAO 839...__________x_x

Reactions: marcusvfm2

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......

Ha ha. I was just catching up on all the posts as well saw this one. I was about to do the same as you and off on one about my 20 year wait and starting my second year in the pool when I thought I would read on first. By the time I'd read all the comments I was just too tired and my frustrations had gone. :)

I guess people don't and ultimately can't know what journey each other has had to get to this point. It's a bit like the people who don't want to pay for the nominations and the extra hoops they have to jump through. I bite my tongue to be honest when I read that, as I would pay in a heartbeat. But that's seeing it through my eyes where $1,500 isn't that much. But I understand the arguments that those people make, I just don't agree with them and that's fine.

But the real point I'm trying to make is that I've been reading this forum since 66 and contributed (for what my contributions are worth) since 67 and the reason I do is the people. There's such a great bunch on here (with possibly one exception, Dsxxx but he's gone). This is a long and hard road for us all and having friends like you guys on here to keep me motivated has been immense. I won't always agree with all of you, but I will try and put myself in your shoes.

This is the Ray of Hope thread and to me that means optimism, encouragement and above all friendship. God bless all of you. (Except him who's gone :rolleyes:).