+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi guys,

I know this is the Ray of Hope thread but since this is the most visited thread in this forum I need to put this question here:

I got my IELTS results today after my 2nd attempt and I´m furious, the first time I took the test in May my results were L/R/W/S (7/8/8/8).

I took the test again in June trying to improve my Listening score and my new results are these: L/R/W/S (8.5/8/6.5/8). How can it be possible than they have marked my Writing as 6.5 when last month they gave me an 8?

This time I even wrote more words and had more time to spend in the Writing section.

I need a 7. Should I go for revaluation?

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Your are welcome. I predicted that you will receive Nomination by July 7th.

Good to see my predictions coming true :)
Bill , can you do some predictions for me :)

When would i get an ITA / PNP ?

EE Profile - Submitted 6/14
CRS - 441
ITA - Waiting
IELTS W/R/S/L - 7.5,8,8,8.5

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you have as much supporting docs and LOEs you should be fine. As @Wandering Mind said, you need to prove that you worked where you said you did and that's it. Put some effort in it and it will bring you nomination! :)
Yup, i have made up of my mind. IELTS it is. And at the same time i will be gathering work relevant documents as much as possible. Hopefully i will make it happen this time with Anglaise Tester lol. Thank you so much @andieangel and @Wandering Mind. You guys don't leave much to motivate others :)

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news on resuming PT NOI by OINP?

vnt7

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

I know this is the Ray of Hope thread but since this is the most visited thread in this forum I need to put this question here:

I got my IELTS results today after my 2nd attempt and I´m furious, the first time I took the test in May my results were L/R/W/S (7/8/8/8).

I took the test again in June trying to improve my Listening score and my new results are these: L/R/W/S (8.5/8/6.5/8). How can it be possible than they have marked my Writing as 6.5 when last month they gave me an 8?

This time I even wrote more words and had more time to spend in the Writing section.

yea u can go for revaluation since u had the ability to get 8 in the first attempt. ur score may increase by 0.5
only drawback is you have to WAIT lot of time for the revaluation result.

Reactions: lino82 and Arod

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news on resuming PT NOI by OINP?

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@andieangel!
I know exactly how you feel. I too am getting a little discouraged because I have literally put my life on hold expecting to migrate to Canada. I have some money that I was going to use to start a business, then I heard about express entry. Now I am keeping it to use as PoF when I get ITA. So here I am just waiting and not knowing what to do.
But I guess we'll get there eventually!!!

ns25

Feb 12, 2017
Hi guys,

You should go for reevaluation. I too got similar result and got additional 0.5 marks on reevaluation, which gave me CLB 9. For me, it was with IDP and I got updated result in exact 1 month.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@andieangel!
I know exactly how you feel. I too am getting a little discouraged because I have literally put my life on hold expecting to migrate to Canada. I have some money that I was going to use to start a business, then I heard about express entry. Now I am keeping it to use as PoF when I get ITA. So here I am just waiting and not knowing what to do.
But I guess we'll get there eventually!!!
We will! As long as you have good ideas your business will come true in Canada! We will all get there! You know what they say...Be careful what you wish for! :D

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
I agree! I would also suggest to retake the exam instead as there's no guarantee in having your scores up with re-evaluation. I have read somewhere that they are very less likely to change the score. Idk if it's the same in your city, but in Dubai, the fee for re-checking is more than 50% of what you actually pay for another test. So that's another point to consider, if ever.
Hi guys,

You may opt for re-evaluation as you had decent score in your first attempt and there is a scope for .5 in writing and speaking parts.

My husband also had 6.5 in writing, so we decided to give it a try as we had nothing to lose..after revaluation, he has got 7 in writting.

username1235

Jun 23, 2017
Hey guys, just a quick question, I have seen many people in this forum doing several impressive calculations for the possible CRS score in the future. I am curious to know if there's any chance for CRS 450 by the end of August 2017 based on the current analysis. As I will be completing my 2 years Canadian work experience at that time giving me additional 25 points. Currently on CRS 425. Any guesses?

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hey guys, just a quick question, I have seen many people in this forum doing several impressive calculations for the possible CRS score in the future. I am curious to know if there's any chance for CRS 450 by the end of August 2017 based on the current analysis. As I will be completing my 2 years Canadian work experience at that time giving me additional 25 points. Currently on CRS 425. Any guesses?
Definitely
Look at the score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

Reactions: username1235

Vinsoni09

Star Member
May 16, 2017
You may opt for re-evaluation as you had decent score in your first attempt and there is a scope for .5 in writing and speaking parts.

My husband also had 6.5 in writing, so we decided to give it a try as we had nothing to lose..after revaluation, he has got 7 in writting.
Which was it us idp
You should go for reevaluation. I too got similar result and got additional 0.5 marks on reevaluation, which gave me CLB 9. For me, it was with IDP and I got updated result in exact 1 month.
Through whom did you take the test idp or bc?