Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_indian said:
I lived in Canada for 5years. There are very few jobs in engineering and management.
After today's draw it got me thinking. If more and more skilled immigrants are getting PR, how they are going to find work there in their respective fields.
Man this is so true. Let me tell u I have an engineering degree from a prestigious Canadian university and 80% of my classmates are doing non-engineering related jobs. Because of the gloomy outlook of oil&gas industry, civil, mech, mining, geological are all affected to some extent.In fact, the easiest and high-pay job roots from computer science/engineering, which is an undeniable trend nowadays. My major is mining and after experiencing this harsh market and layoff, I decide to switch to something else. I am not trying to be extreme here, but people really to think and read more before they come to Canada.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
can_indian said:
I lived in Canada for 5years. There are very few jobs in engineering and management.
After today's draw it got me thinking. If more and more skilled immigrants are getting PR, how they are going to find work there in their respective fields.
would you mind telling us why did u get in the queue again and how will u get a job again since you got an ITA on 5th April and want to return back to canada?

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
Hi all

My profile entered the pool with CRS of 428 on wednesday(just missed the last draw) and have received NOI from OINP immediately.
My questions are:

1. What is the validity of the NOI? Somewhere I read that the validity is 6 months. So do I pay the 1500 CAD fees now itself and wait or later while submitting the application? Or, do I have only 14 days to accept the NOI of OINP?
(Confused about the procedure , please help)

2. Shall I take it or wait for next draw? I am not sure when will the next draw take place and what will be the new cut off (In case it goes up)?

I have managed to get into the pool after long wait and struggle of 8 months, friends please advise what should be my next step.

Thanks!!

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Your NOI is valid for 6months. You must accept or reject within this limit...once you do accept..you have 14days to submit.
Nit sure when the payment has to be.
There is no harm in waiting for the next draw...if your crs falls within the cutoff score...you would be saving time and money. Hiwever if the score does go up...highly unlikely....you have the NOI already. Next draw could be by the end of April or maximum start of May.

Abrockks said:
Hi all

My profile entered the pool with CRS of 428 on wednesday(just missed the last draw) and have received NOI from OINP immediately.
My questions are:

1. What is the validity of the NOI? Somewhere I read that the validity is 6 months. So do I pay the 1500 CAD fees now itself and wait or later while submitting the application? Or, do I have only 14 days to accept the NOI of OINP?
(Confused about the procedure , please help)

2. Shall I take it or wait for next draw? I am not sure when will the next draw take place and what will be the new cut off (In case it goes up)?

I have managed to get into the pool after long wait and struggle of 8 months, friends please advise what should be my next step.

Thanks!!

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
SoniaJav said:
Your NOI is valid for 6months. You must accept or reject within this limit...once you do accept..you have 14days to submit.
Nit sure when the payment has to be.
There is no harm in waiting for the next draw...if your crs falls within the cutoff score...you would be saving time and money. Hiwever if the score does go up...highly unlikely....you have the NOI already. Next draw could be by the end of April or maximum start of May.
Thanks for the clarification Sonia.
I assume that payment has to be made at the application submission stage. But I would like to have confirmation on this from fellow forum members.
1500 CAD fees is indeed a big concern.

Thanks!!

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
monavy said:
And what happens after june? why do you expect scores to rise after june?
Please google CIC announced extra points for siblings and language from june 6th onwards!

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
SoniaJav said:
Has anyone recieved an ITA after the 12th April draw?
CRS 424 NOC 1123...recieved nothing so far.
Hello! I have received my ITA on 13th April. My CRS is also 424. NOC 2133

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Sralf said:
420 with 3900+, usually if there is a bak to bak draw, the next will be 2 weeks or 3 weeks more likely?
If theres a back to back draw it will be lower than 420 my friend.

With the pool stats being released from March and now April the 411 - 420 distribution has not changed, in fact it reduced my 3 people during this time.

Sure people enter/leave the pool on a daily basis but clearly not to the extent I originally thought and the very slight variance in that range validates this point.

I don't have my figures to hand but I believe in the space of a week approx 600 either entered or improved their points to be over 423. This is done by looking at the figures stated on April 7th - adding up anyone in the range from 411 - 420 and above. Then taking that figure from the amount of ITA's issued.

Then a little "guess" work begins that I theorized (over estimated) that there is approx 400 people per point. So I calculated on this there are 1600 people sitting on 419,420,421 and 422 in total.

For my situation as i'm on 418, I can say that there's 1600 people above me, if theres a draw next week there will only be possibly another new 600/1000 people (worst case) with 423 above. Meaning 3700 ITA's I would be in.

The following week however IELTS get's released so if it's a 2 week draw a bit touch and go for me, as if we say 2000 people either enter or improve their score by this time I am not sure I will make it. 2000 + 1600 ish already there = 3600.

If it's 3 weeks I don't fancy my chances so much.

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hello guys!

I have a question. My husband has Canadian PR. Can he be apply for express entry as a principle applicant so that I don't have to wait for spouse visa or my EE score to go up????

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BillHyatt said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and before I give my predictions I will like to wish everyone a very best of luck. I hope everyone in this forum get their ITA soon.

CIC is significantly changing their point based system and the decline in scores is simply a result of such steps. CIC wants to make its process more transparent, fair, and swift, and therefore, has changed its rules to accommodate Job vs Education gap. This was deemed important to truly reflect the HIGHLY SKILLED WORKERS which in the previous system was more focused on Jobs rather than other Factors such as Education.

The second important thing is that CIC now aims to merge different schemes under Express Entry and targets to issue 100,000 ITA's by the end of this year. The first quarter of 2017 have issued more ITA's than the full year of 2015. In July the new scheme will be issued which includes proposal to Determine Score for Each NOC, that if approved will mean scores for common professions such as Accountants, Finance, Some Engineering and Medical NOC will be lower than those categorised as Rare profession.

All above developments are under discussion and will be enacted on the discreation of CIC. However, it is confirm that major positive changes are on the way which will have impact on the EE system. Finally, 2017 will have highest rounds than prior years (30 or more rounds) with record number of ITA's issued through EE.

Taking the new policy in account I have made the following predictions for the next 2 draws:

60th Draw on 26th April - Score 417
61th Draw on 3rd May - Score 410

+/- 2 depending on the additional applications submitted during this period. There may be an Easter surprise from CIC on 19th April, in that case Score is predicted to be 415.

I hope everyone will benefit from the new changes in a positive way. GOOD LUCK! :)
Any reference for that?

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hello guys!

I have a question. My husband has Canadian PR. Can he be apply for express entry as a principle applicant so that I don't have to wait for spouse visa or my EE score to go up????