+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Like kewldudex said, you can get the fingerprints at your local forensic department or police station. If that does not work, there are many private agencies for the same. What is the country and city of your current residence?

The instructions looks pretty clear to me for people living outside Canada. There is a link which says " If you live outside of Canada", click on that for further instructions. And btw, you do not need an upfront PCC for Canada.
I live in Italy, and the process is super confusing (It involves: Canadian Embassy, Italian Police Department, Authorized Fingerprinting Service in Canada, and RCMP). Are you sure I do not need PCC for Canada? Is it written on the website?

Lamborg

Mar 29, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Like kewldudex said, you can get the fingerprints at your local forensic department or police station. If that does not work, there are many private agencies for the same. What is the country and city of your current residence?

The instructions looks pretty clear to me for people living outside Canada. There is a link which says " If you live outside of Canada", click on that for further instructions. And btw, you do not need an upfront PCC for Canada.
+1
I was looking for the same answers... As far as I understood, not everyone are asked to provide fingerprints. You should wait for your instructions. Anyway, this whole fingerprints process is quite time and money consuming. So I would wait for instructions first to see if required.

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
I live in Italy, and the process is super confusing (It involves: Canadian Embassy, Italian Police Department, Authorized Fingerprinting Service in Canada, and RCMP). Are you sure I do not need PCC for Canada? Is it written on the website?
This is officially stated on the website - "You may need a police certificate if you are coming to Canada as a live-in caregiver, tourist, student or temporary worker. If you are applying for permanent residence or Canadian citizenship, you must provide a police certificate."

But there has been some exceptions when they have not requested PCC from Canada, run through the forum I am sure you'll find something. Anyways you'll get a proper checklist once you are requested documents and you have full 90days to complete that checklist.

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Lamborg said:
+1
I was looking for the same answers... As far as I understood, not everyone are asked to provide fingerprints. You should wait for your instructions. Anyway, this whole fingerprints process is quite time and money consuming. So I would wait for instructions first to see if required.

Well, it is suggested by CIC itself to start the collection of documents like PCC beforehand "if" its gonna take time. Otherwise, waiting for the instructions once you get an ITA is the best approach.

And you're right different fingerprint requirements are stated for different countries PCC (Sometimes not even needed). So it's best to check the requirements thoroughly on the CIC Police check page before hand.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
This is officially stated on the website - "You may need a police certificate if you are coming to Canada as a live-in caregiver, tourist, student or temporary worker. If you are applying for permanent residence or Canadian citizenship, you must provide a police certificate."

But there has been some exceptions when they have not requested PCC from Canada, run through the forum I am sure you'll find something. Anyways you'll get a proper checklist once you are requested documents and you have full 90days to complete that checklist.
I guess, in any case, I can start the process once i have the checklist. and If I still do not have the document by the end of 90 days, apparently they allow you to submit a document that proves that you started the process and are waiting for the paperwork. So, they do not disqualify you.
Major challenge is getting invited to apply for PR...

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
I guess, in any case, I can start the process once i have the checklist. and If I still do not have the document by the end of 90 days, apparently they allow you to submit a document that proves that you started the process and are waiting for the paperwork. So, they do not disqualify you.
Major challenge is getting invited to apply for PR...
In your case they have specifically written that you may need to get the Criminal Record Check if the Visa officer asks for 1, so its best to wait.

And yes to get to this point we first need an ITA, the first and biggest hurdle :) Fingers Crossed :)

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok focus back to the draw today. Will the 420s have something to cheer about? This wait has taken a toll on me mentally as I am so much in love with Canada.

TheItGirl

Mar 17, 2017
hopesarehigh said:
ok focus back to the draw today. Will the 420s have something to cheer about? This wait has taken a toll on me mentally as I am so much in love with Canada.
I think for all the 430 and less it is the same :(

IrfanLone15

Apr 4, 2017
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi,

Need some suggestion...

I have taken IELTS twice.. with different scores...

as of now L-8 R-7.5 s-7.5 w-7 - IELTS 2

But the test taken earlier IELTS 1 (L-7, R-7.5 , S- 7.5, W- 7.5) .. the score for w-7.5 which was giving me CLS -10 for writing..

Can i choose best out of two IELTS score. N mention R,L,S from IELTS 2 & W from IELTS 1...???

Irfan - CRS 435...

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love the weather.
I love the PM.
I love the opportunities.
I love the multiculturalism.

List goes on..what about you?

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Is anyone counting the hours still? I can't wait!!! :p

kutt4n

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toppiri said:
Is anyone counting the hours still? I can't wait!!! :p
8 more hours to go. I believe everyone above 434 would get an ITA this time

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
IrfanLone15 said:
Hi,

Need some suggestion...

But the test taken earlier IELTS 1 (L-7, R-7.5 , S- 7.5, W- 7.5) .. the score for w-7.5 which was giving me CLS -10 for writing..

Can i choose best out of two IELTS score. N mention R,L,S from IELTS 2 & W from IELTS 1...???

Irfan - CRS 435...
No, you can't.
Has XXX taken an approved language test to assess their English skills?
Language test result form or certificate number
See there's no plural (s). You need a TRF #, not two.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
IrfanLone15 said:
Hi,

Need some suggestion...

Irfan - CRS 435...

No you cannot combine the scores. Use either IELTS 1 or IELTS 2.

kutt4n

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IrfanLone15 said:
Hi,

Need some suggestion...

Irfan - CRS 435...
Unfortunately you can't do that. You'd have to choose one of the test results