+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
Since the last draw's hiccup all the stats and predictions have gone haywire.This upcoming draw will help paint a picture for the next draws. But you my friend are in a pretty nice spot. You will get an ITA Pretty soon, all the best for the IELTS result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRS:438
IELTS: L:8.5, R:8.5, S:7, W:7.5
ITA: Anxiously Waiting
Thank you for your comment :) Fingers crossed for the IELTS Result, but not sure if I can make it to this upcoming Round of Invitation In a few days... I just need less than 48 hours :)

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
kewldudex said:
Since the last draw's hiccup all the stats and predictions have gone haywire.This upcoming draw will help paint a picture for the next draws. But you my friend are in a pretty nice spot. You will get an ITA Pretty soon, all the best for the IELTS result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was bound to happen. 3 weeks gap = more people in queue. If there is a gap of 3 weeks now this time also the score will be 440+, the reason why the score had dropped below 434 is because that draw was within a week of previous one = not many new people.

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
prakash419 said:
It was bound to happen. 3 weeks gap = more people in queue. If there is a gap of 3 weeks now this time also the score will be 440+, the reason why the score had dropped below 434 is because that draw was within a week of previous one = not many new people.
True True, 3 Week Gap with a influx of many PNP Draws-
MAR 22 BCPNP - 437
MAR 16 MANTIOBA PNP - 313
MAR 8 BCPNP - 377

Not to mention the IELTS results were also declared in that period.

Luckily this time there has been only 1 PNP
MAR 30 MPNP - 225

And between the previous draw and this draw there has been no new IELTS related candidate shift. So if CIC follows the 2 week thingy this time, the scores definetly gonna drop.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakash419 said:
So then, I could have a problem with 441... Do you think is it worth it to take the IELTS again to see if my score improves a little bit?

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
So then, I could have a problem with 441... Do you think is it worth it to take the IELTS again to see if my score improves a little bit?
If your result is not out how do you know your score and secondly that you might need to sit for the test again :)

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
If your result is not out how do you know your score and secondly that you might need to sit for the test again :)
True :) I got ahead of myself there for a second... Fingers crossed for the IELTS score. But also, as kewldudex pointed out, there will be many other candidates waiting for their score like me on April 7th. So it is good to keep in mind that it might increase the overall scores.

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
True :) I got ahead of myself there for a second... Fingers crossed for the IELTS score. But also, as kewldudex pointed out, there will be many other candidates waiting for their score like me on April 7th. So it is good to keep in mind that it might increase the overall scores.
hehe the anxiety of draws those that to all :) .

The bottom line is until the number of people entering the profile < the number of people getting ITA the scores will drop. Also like IELTS result reflects change in score for both new entrants and existing entrants the ECA eval contributes to new pool entrees. But as mentioned earlier the most impactful is PNP draws- straight forwards 600 pts boost.

And I forgot to mention OINP was also parallelly sending NOIs and many candidates would've completed their documents and got their PNP pts during the 3 week gap. Since OINP is not sending fresh NOIs in a while that factor is also out.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
And I forgot to mention OINP was also parallelly sending NOIs and many candidates would've completed their documents and got their PNP pts during the 3 week gap. Since OINP is not sending fresh NOIs in a while that factor is also out.
So, would it increase or decrease the overall scores? (Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable with various programs).

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
So, would it increase or decrease the overall scores? (Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable with various programs).
No worries, you will come to know about them, follow the news section of canadavisa.com its the best source of Canadian Immigration related news.

Now coming back to your question as said earlier this draw will paint the picture for the upcoming draws. With my calculations the score should drop.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
No worries, you will come to know about them, follow the news section of canadavisa.com its the best source of Canadian Immigration related news.

Now coming back to your question as said earlier this draw will paint the picture for the upcoming draws. With my calculations the score should drop.

Thank you :)

Also, I've posted this on the forum under a different topic, but no body answered yet. Maybe you may know the answer and could be able to help...

My NOC Is 4012 (Research Technician) Under NOC Category A. (For both jobs)
I worked for 2 different departments at the university (7 months and 5 months, respectively).
It says on the website that the work experience must be "in the same job". Do you think I could qualify under FSW? I had the work experience under technically 2 different jobs, but within the same institution and under the same NOC (4012).

By the way, I qualify for CEC for now, but after June, FSW could be my only option (If I am eligible, that is).

kewldudex

Dec 30, 2016
Haryana
Category........
Visa Office......
-
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Doc's Request.
05-04-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
student7872014 said:
Thank you :)

Also, I've posted this on the forum under a different topic, but no body answered yet. Maybe you may know the answer and could be able to help...

My NOC Is 4012 (Research Technician) Under NOC Category A. (For both jobs)
I worked for 2 different departments at the university (7 months and 5 months, respectively).
It says on the website that the work experience must be "in the same job". Do you think I could qualify under FSW? I had the work experience under technically 2 different jobs, but within the same institution and under the same NOC (4012).

By the way, I qualify for CEC for now, but after June, FSW could be my only option (If I am eligible, that is).
By "same job" CIC means same NOC Code. If you have been working with multiple companies or in your case different department with the same NOC code, it will count towards your total experience. Also since job experience is one of the factors contributing towards the qualification criteria (you still need to make through the 67/100pts marker) It would be better if you check your eligibility with the CRS calculator on this website.
I hope it answers your query.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewldudex said:
By "same job" CIC means same NOC Code. If you have been working with multiple companies or in your case different department with the same NOC code, it will count towards your total experience. Also since job experience is one of the factors contributing towards the qualification criteria (you still need to make through the 67/100pts marker) It would be better if you check your eligibility with the CRS calculator on this website.
I hope it answers your query.

Thanks so much for patiently answering all my questions. I really appreciated. Hopefully karma will return the favor some day.

Having said that, I cannot find the "67/100" thing on the CRS page... Could you give me a link?

Also, one additional question. Once my IELTS Result is out on April 7th, I will use that. But, If I take IELTS later on and end up getting a higher score, can I use the new IELTS and delete the old scores? Or do I have to delete the first application and create a new application with the new IELTS score?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
student7872014 said:
Thanks so much for patiently answering all my questions. I really appreciated. Hopefully karma will return the favor some day.

Having said that, I cannot find the "67/100" thing on the CRS page... Could you give me a link?

Also, one additional question. Once my IELTS Result is out on April 7th, I will use that. But, If I take IELTS later on and end up getting a higher score, can I use the new IELTS and delete the old scores? Or do I have to delete the first application and create a new application with the new IELTS score?
Check 67/100 points -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Yes, you can update your IELTS score if you score better in the next attempt. No need to delete the profile.