+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - *49th Draw*

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
How can Canada be an IT hub if it can't even get their damn immigration website fixed in a month.Highschool kids with basic programming knowledge could've fixed this issue long time ago. Amateur hour!!
Have you seen Obamacare website when it was released? Judging a nations' tech level from a government website is not really accurate, and who told you that Canada is an IT hub? I think we are pretty far from it.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Alexios07 said:
Have you seen Obamacare website? Judging a nations' tech level from a government website is not really accurate, and who told you that Canada is an IT hub? I think we are pretty far from it.
Well if Canada isn't an it hub then might as well outsource their immigration website to India or China where they could've fixed this probably in a matter of days. Everything else has been outsourced anyways.It hub or not it just doesn't make sense that a simple 15 or 30 points increase to international student profiles could bring the entire website down for a month.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
Well if Canada isn't an it hub then might as well outsource their immigration website to India or China where they could've fixed this probably in a matter of days. It hub or not it just doesn't make sense that a simple 15 or 30 points increase to international student profiles could bring the entire website down for a month.
Ha, the issue is with the budget, not the tech competency level. Mind you that outsourcing IT dept to India or China is not always a good thing, many companies faced so many disasters when they went with the outsourcing route.

"Do the needful" is a running joke when people here talk about outsource companies.

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
Guys has anyone of you heard any chatter in any forum or on any immigration website that if IRCC will continue to send 2k+ ita every draw or will they go back to usual 700-1000/draw?

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Alexios07 said:
Ha, the issue is with the budget, not the tech competency level. Mind you that outsourcing IT dept to India or China is not always a good thing, many companies faced so many disasters when they went with the outsourcing route.

"Do the needful" is a running joke when people here talk about outsource companies.
to
How much budget could they possibly need trying to update international student profiles. First they make 480s the new 450s for a good 11 months and now that they finally started doing something half decent then this sh*t happens. Totally amateur hour!!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
Totally amateur hour!!
Well, I have to agree with you on that. On the BC PNP's website, they used to update the html table of Invitation to Apply whenever they did a draw, and it usually took them at least two days, to properly update that table (adding a new row). After a while, they just gave up that html table and replace it with an image, then go back the to html table again recently.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Invitations-to-Apply

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Alexios07 said:

True.
Budget is a real issue.

As far as I know, the best of IT professionals usually go down to the States because pay here is just no comparison.
The next bests stay in Canada working for private companies of course...not exactly sure about the pay scale but you definitely get more opportunities and challenges in firms...if you are up for challenges, chances are you are more ambitious and skillful too (?)

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
princesohal2003 said:
to
How much budget could they possibly need trying to update international student profiles. First they make 480s the new 450s for a good 11 months and now that they finally started doing something half decent then this sh*t happens. Totally amateur hour!!
You should write to Minister McCallum and let him know how upset you are with this whole ordeal and that you think they're a bunch of amateurs... Don't forget to mention you MyCIC login to make sure he knows who you are!

May be he'll fast track you through the system and you can bypass this next draw altogether... :p

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canbaby said:
True.
Budget is a really issue.

As far as I know, the best of IT professionals usually go down to the States because pay here is just no comparison.
The next bests stay in Canada working for private companies of course...not exactly sure about the pay scale but you definitely get more opportunities and challenges in firms...if you are up for challenges, chances are you are more ambitious and skillful too (?)
Well, it's a vicious cycle. Local talents go to the States for better salaries and opportunities because local businesses are not willing to pay the market rate. They don't pay market rate because they can import FSWs who will work for much cheaper salaries. They import FSWs because local talents go to the States...

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
g126 said:
You should write to Minister McCallum and let him know how upset you are with this whole ordeal and that you think they're a bunch of amateurs... Don't forget to mention you MyCIC login to make sure he knows who you are!

May be he'll fast track you through the system and you can bypass this next draw altogether... :p
You would probably not be saying this is u had another month on your work permit to live in a country where you spent almost a decade doing your first job, buying your first car, finishing your degree, owning your first pet, meeting your gf/bf or life partners and now looking to buy your first house while sitting with points well above 460 For almost a year and all of a sudden the possibility of leaving it all behind is becoming more like a reality every day that goes by without hope. I understand some people have patience and time on their hand which is great but some people are just trying their best to keep their sanity at this point. This is a forum for all of us to come forward and share our thought and experiences without being judged. Let's just hope Mr McCallum won't be that grinch who steals the Christmas from us. Happy holidays everyone and i hope we all have a great Christmas present in the form of an ITA. Cheers!!

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
cococly said:
What's your NOC? Is it a full time job?
It is a full time job with NOC 2174!!!

What is the format of "Valid Job Offer Letter" from current employer for ICT holders?
I heard that if we add a line saying "The employer is intended to keep us after we receive PR" in the Canadian Experience Letter - Will this suffice?
Sample letter really helps.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
You would probably not be saying this is u had another month on your work permit to live in a country where you spent almost a decade doing your first job, buying your first car, finishing your degree, owning your first pet, meeting your gf/bf or life partners and now looking to buy your first house while sitting with points well above 460 For almost a year and all of a sudden the possibility of leaving it all behind is becoming more like a reality every day that goes by without hope. I understand some people have patience and time on their hand which is great but some people are just trying their best to keep their sanity at this point. This is a forum for all of us to come forward and share our thought and experiences without being judged. Let's just hope Mr McCallum won't be that grinch who steals the Christmas from us. Happy holidays everyone and i hope we all have a great Christmas present in the form of an ITA. Cheers!!
I can feel you, as I have been here for almost a decade as well. However, it is not wise to purchase/finance a new car or a house, when you are not a PR. Although the situation is not ideal for us, but I still think at least, we have a better chance to become a PR in the future, unlike in the US.

Does anybody even think about tweeting to the President-elect Trump to complain about the immigration system?

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Alexios07 said:
I can feel you, as I have been here for almost a decade as well. However, it is not wise to purchase/finance a new car or a house, when you are not a PR. Although the situation is not ideal for us, but I still think at least, we have a better chance to become a PR in the future, unlike in the US.

Does anybody even think about tweeting to the President-elect Trump to complain about the immigration system?
Living without a car really isn't an option in a county as big as Canada. Buying a car is just a process of growing up esp in your 30s. And i agree with you it's really not a fair process for a lot of people. A friend of mine was in the same situation having spent almost a decade in this country and had to leave everything behind this August to go back. He was recently extorted for money in his village. On one hand we are saving refugees and on the other hand people like my friend are going back to those same conditions that we are rescuing refugees from. So yea, it's not a fair process i agree with you on that. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we finally get to hear that good news if the systems get fixed.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Alexios07 said:

Ha. Trump would just tweet "BUILD MORE WALLS!"

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
Living without a car really isn't an option in a county as big as Canada. Buying a car is just a process of growing up esp in your 30s. And i agree with you it's really not a fair process for a lot of people. A friend of mine was in the same situation having spent almost a decade in this country and had to leave everything behind this August to go back. He was recently extorted for money in his village. On one hand we are saving refugees and on the other hand people like my friend are going back to those same conditions that we are rescuing refugees from. So yea, it's not a fair process i agree with you on that. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we finally get to hear that good news if the systems get fixed.
I'm not saying not to buy a car, as without a car, it's sometimes impossible to land a job. I'm just saying that we shouldn't buy an expensive new car or finance it. I'm driving and old but reliable 08' Corolla, although I am able to afford a nice Volkswagen Passat. It's also pretty grave for me if I have to go back, as I will definitely get conscripted to the Army and lost 2 years of my life for nothing (it's a stupid scheme of our government to lower the unemployment rate. We are not even at war).

mgnlky said:
Ha. Trump would just tweet "BUILD MORE WALLS!"
He will probably fast track those people's applications to the INS, so they can deport them asap.