+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - *48th Draw*

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi senior members,
I have an electrical engineering technology advanced diploma with co-op. The original program includes 6 semesters and 4 - four month co-ops. I have a bachelors from home country so I got direct admission into 4th semester and I finished 3 semesters (4,5,6) and a few mandatory courses from first three semesters and did 3 co-ops. The diploma certificate I received states - 'Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma with co-op'. I started in Jan 2013 and finished in April 2015.
My question is, Would this be considered as a 3 year diploma or 2 year?

ishm15

Nov 18, 2016
I am currently at 444 and with the new changes my score go upto 459. Should I consider taking TEF exam in december to increase my score or does 459 seems good enough to get an ITA soon??

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
astralsource said:
Here, to save you some trouble :p

So, can we hope for a 2point drop again?
:D

btw..my magic number is 445 ;)

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
ishm15 said:
I am currently at 444 and with the new changes my score go upto 459. Should I consider taking TEF exam in december to increase my score or does 459 seems good enough to get an ITA soon??
If you can...then you SHOULD take the TEF exam and increase your score. Anywhere greater than 470 seems a bankable score. Anything less is just a gamble.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
Should be near 400 at one point.
I think it is dangerous to be making assumptions like this, and potentially feeding quite a few people false hope. I'm not saying that its not possible that the overall scores will fall, but until now, we've have scant information on the exact make up of the EE pool. We also have no information whatsoever about future candidates who join the pool, who may be encouraged to apply if the rule changes are favourable to them.

The best thing IRCC could do is make available publicly statistics on the make-up of the current pool - preferrably at least monthly updates, if not live updates. At least people could then make informed decisions about their chances of getting an ITA and determine the best course for them. I know the recent announcements suggested that more information would be published going forward about the make-up of the EE pool. Does anyone have any more information about this?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skantzidis said:
I think it is dangerous to be making assumptions like this, and potentially feeding quite a few people false hope. I'm not saying that its not possible that the overall scores will fall, but until now, we've have scant information on the exact make up of the EE pool. We also have no information whatsoever about future candidates who join the pool, who may be encouraged to apply if the rule changes are favourable to them.

The best thing IRCC could do is make available publicly statistics on the make-up of the current pool - preferrably at least monthly updates, if not live updates. At least people could then make informed decisions about their chances of getting an ITA and determine the best course for them. I know the recent announcements suggested that more information would be published going forward about the make-up of the EE pool. Does anyone have any more information about this?
Maybe they will expose applicants' ranking in the pool after the 19th. Even that would help people decide upon further course of action.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys i dont think that scores are going to drop below 465 anytime soon,i hope so but i dont believe it will happen anytime soon especially after the new rules,eventhough the number of invitations increase above 2000 the least score reached since a very long time is 470

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Guys i dont think that scores are going to drop below 465 anytime soon,i hope so but i dont believe it will happen anytime soon especially after the new rules,eventhough the number of invitations increase above 2000 the least score reached since a very long time is 470
Scores will drop provided the number of ITAs stays high. If the number fluctuates and goes below 1500, then again the cut off will go up.

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
When is the next draw expected date?

We have to wait and see how many invitations will be issued in December(last month of 2016 ).

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
Anyone got a tally of how many ITAs issued so far vs. quota for the year? Trying to get a sense of how many they're issuing in the last few draws till year end..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
gatiott said:
Anyone got a tally of how many ITAs issued so far vs. quota for the year? Trying to get a sense of how many they're issuing in the last few draws till year end..
I think they are already drawing on the 2017 quota. The quota reflects the number of landed applicants and anyone receiving an ITA now would definitely be coming after 2016.