+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - *48th Draw*

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faisalfahmad said:
I have two years of foreign experience and a Masters from Canada. I am at 486 points after the new change as I had CLB10+ in all components of IELTS. Do I stand a chance? My concern is that these extra points are being awarded to everyone and there are lot of people under CEC with one year of experience who were already in their 470s and 480s. They will move into 500s and I am worried that the overall cutoff will also increase by 20-30 points. :|
Those,who were in 470s and 480s already received ITAs. You have a great score! You will get an ITA in the next draw, I think. There are many of us in 450s and 460s also hoping to get an ITA anytime soon!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Pat180715 said:
Those,who were in 470s and 480s already received ITAs. You have a great score! You will get an ITA in the next draw, I think. There are many of us in 450s and 460s also hoping to get an ITA anytime soon!
Exactly but from the rise in scores i guess not anytime soon

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Exactly but from the rise in scores i guess not anytime soon
You have no idea if there will be a rise in scores yet. We have no idea which way it will swing now.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
You have no idea if there will be a rise in scores yet. We have no idea which way it will swing now.
Of course no one does but logically speaking and from the updated scores that some users have posted on this forum there is a high chance that scores will increase in the upcoming draws

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Of course no one does but logically speaking and from the updated scores that some users have posted on this forum there is a high chance that scores will increase in the upcoming draws
Not to increase the scores they have paused on nominations from OINP. They will not let many PNP to get ITA this time. They want to prove that the new system works so well and so many ITA given to Intnl students with increase points. This way there will be many CEC entering the pool in 2017. All this at the cost of nominations of OINP

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Not to increase the scores they have paused on nominations from OINP. They will not let many PNP to get ITA this time. They want to prove that the new system works so well and so many ITA given to Intnl students with increase points. This way there will be many CEC entering the pool in 2017. All this at the cost of nominations of OINP
yeah its still speculation :) we will know for sure in the next few weeks...

i have a feeling we will have draws on 23rd nov, 7th and 21st december... they will have atleast 2 draws in december, cant see a draw happening on 28th during christmas week...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
thestunner316 said:
yeah its still speculation :) we will know for sure in the next few weeks...

i have a feeling we will have draws on 23rd nov, 7th and 21st december... they will have atleast 2 draws in december, cant see a draw happening on 28th during christmas week...
Its true but based on the facts untill now i have no idea how come some believe that scores are going to drop in the near future,it doesnt make any sense at least to me,eventhough i hope that scores drop before i loose 5 more points i cant see it happening it anytime soon with the increase that international
Students recently got and for some reason i find it unfair for fsw not to be having any further improvement in their scores grid..anyways there is nothing i can do except wait and wish for the best

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Wolverine17 said:
Its true but based on the facts untill now i have no idea how come some believe that scores are going to drop in the near future,it doesnt make any sense at least to me,eventhough i hope that scores drop before i loose 5 more points i cant see it happening it anytime soon with the increase that international
Students recently got and for some reason i find it unfair for fsw not to be having any further improvement in their scores grid..anyways there is nothing i can do except wait and wish for the best
CIC in their presentations and reports have mentioned this that the stakeholders say that the biggest con of EE is that the scores are above 450. And they have mentioned that it is a point to improve on. So now they have improved the system and they have every detail of the pool and they know how many points cut and given bonus will lead to what situation. So they have done the changes accordingly that by cutting 550 points and giving 30 extra will help reduce the scores. And we will see in future.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Dude, you're at 463 now. Even at 457 you still stand a very good chance. Stop being so self-defeating. If you are so convinced you don't stand a chance, withdraw your profile and get on with your life where you are. Else, read the forum and take notes so as not to sabotage your own application :)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Dude, you're at 463 now. Even at 457 you still stand a very good chance. Stop being so self-defeating. If you are so convinced you don't stand a chance, withdraw your profile and get on with your life where you are. Else, read the forum and take notes so as not to sabotage your own application :)
No thats not what i meant to say,i know my score is ok for now but honestly speaking i dont think that am going to have an ita anytime soon maybe later on but not now and at the same time will let my spouse try to improve our scores as much as we can by retaking the exam again because to be honest i dont think that scores will drop below 460 anytime soon and after all we will have to wait and wish for the best to happen,i am just trying to be realistic

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
fatani said:
CIC in their presentations and reports have mentioned this that the stakeholders say that the biggest con of EE is that the scores are above 450. And they have mentioned that it is a point to improve on. So now they have improved the system and they have every detail of the pool and they know how many points cut and given bonus will lead to what situation. So they have done the changes accordingly that by cutting 550 points and giving 30 extra will help reduce the scores. And we will see in future.
I wish that this is true but all the new scores now are around 475 to 500 plus the question is how many are there in the pool

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
No thats not what i meant to say,i know my score is ok for now but honestly speaking i dont think that am going to have an ita anytime soon maybe later on but not now and at the same time will let my spouse try to improve our scores as much as we can by retaking the exam again because to be honest i dont think that scores will drop below 460 anytime soon and after all we will have to wait and wish for the best to happen,i am just trying to be realistic
Well your score will still be above 450. You just always sound so down. You currently stand a better chance than 1000's of others. Speculating will just upset you. Concentrate on getting your paperwork ready and wait.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Well your score will still be above 450. You just always sound so down. You currently stand a better chance than 1000's of others. Speculating will just upset you. Concentrate on getting your paperwork ready and wait.
Thats true and thats what am trying to do,hope for the best .

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
kryt0n said:
Wolverine you should really listen to kryt0n and stop whining.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
fatani said:
Quoting just more people read this and stop panicking.