Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashu1710 said:
44% of all ITAs till May 2016 were LMIAs (from the Refocusing Express Entry presentation.). This is a fact, not an opinion. If there were very few LMIAs, what would be the point of reducing LMIA points.

"i agree, dont think LMIAs were 1000 like ever, we only started having 1500+ draws consistently 2-3 draws back... if you are saying out of 1500, 1000+ were LMIA, something was definitely wrong"

I said 1000+ LMIAs were issued every month. Not all of them will be for permanent jobs (required for 600 points), but that still could mean 400-600 new high scoting candidate entering the pool every month.
Fully Agreed.
Sometime we forget how different is the processing time for LMIA and PNP. Compared to a provincial nominee Lmia are fairly quicker....3-6 months compared to in most case one year average.

Plus the pool was cleared yesterday, after saturday whoever receive an LMIA will see his/hers personal score increase only of 50 point (in the majority of the case). Even students or ICT/Nafta wp holder at the end will receive a fair amount of points 15-50, That's not a lot.

Even with PNP remaining at 600 point I believe after the first 2 months the score and cut off will have to go down to meet the required number of ITA, cause for what I understand so far the government intention is to keep ITA numbers fairly high.

This is just my opinion BTW.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Escobar Gaviria said:
Cool! Keep in touch.

I wonder if we should be very hopeful for the first few draws of 2017?

Can't wait to get an ITA. :D
I have an intuition that we will get an ITA in January 2017 but can't really predict anything until we see the next round of invitation after the changes apply.
Even i can't wait to get an ITA ;D

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
ashu1710 said:
Check this link (http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/reports/foreign_workers/index.page) for statistics on LMIAs issed per quarter.

"i wonder how many were PNPs then"

15%

Google "Refocusing Express Entry". Lots of interesting statistics ;D
This data also signifies likely lowering of the cut off score very soon.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
kryt0n said:
No. As long as your profile is up to date, if any new changes apply to you then it will be automatic.

Are you a graduate of Canadian university and what work permit are you currently on?
As far as I know, it won't be updated automatically. Int Graduates and ICA, NAFTA, .. work permit holders need to sign in and answer to some questions.

Yawdbeauty

Nov 8, 2015
Guys I have a three year workpermit and was actually working in canada for a year. However, I have a young child so I returned home. I just couldn't stay away any longer. Will I have to show proof of funds when I go back being I am authorized to work in Canada? Help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yawdbeauty said:
Guys I have a three year workpermit and was actually working in canada for a year. However, I have a young child so I returned home. I just couldn't stay away any longer. Will I have to show proof of funds when I go back being I am authorized to work in Canada? Help
They won't, I also had a 3 year work permit and I would go home for holidays, they never asked me for proof of funds.

Cheers :)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yawdbeauty said:
It depends on which Category you qualify though. If you are under CEC then no need to worry about POF. If you are not under CEC then you must have a valid WP and job offer otherwise you have to show POF.

"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
av said:
I am on ICT and currently inside Canada. Do I need to provide any extra document for "your boss is offering you an ongoing position"
Somebody please help him. He/she cant claim points on ICT. Just want to claim the points because he/she had 4 yrs of ICT WP which is expiring in march 2017. No job offer letter from the employer but still want claim points. Is it right?

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Somebody please help him. He/she cant claim points on ICT. Just want to claim the points because he/she had 4 yrs of ICT WP which is expiring in march 2017. No job offer letter from the employer but still want claim points. Is it right?
It's possible if employer provides conditional letter saying, if he receive PR then they will extend his job for 1 year or make it permanent. The job offer letter is valid if it's conditioned around PR decision.

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Calgary2014 said:
As far as I know, it won't be updated automatically. Int Graduates and ICA, NAFTA, .. work permit holders need to sign in and answer to some questions.
I think there are questions answered already by ICT WP holder in their profile when they fill their current job information in Canada. It asks whether WP with NO LMIA or LMIA. Also the dates signifies you are in Canada and continuing with current job.

Then they ask the UCI number. So all of these will be consolidated then they should bump the score automatically unless they have a different new questionnaire altogether as in David Cohen's beta version CRS calculator.

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Calgary2014 said:
Guys, I just found this from another thread. posting here so that everyone on same page,

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to update your profiles on November 19, 2016

"Those foreign nationals who would benefit from new points for Canadian study credentials or changes to job offer requirements will need to update their profiles and answer new questions to receive points".

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Note: All changes will be in place as of November 19, 2016. However, some foreign nationals might not see their Comprehensive Ranking System score change for several days. All scores will be updated before the next round of invitations to apply. Those foreign nationals who would benefit from new points for Canadian study credentials or changes to job offer requirements will need to update their profiles and answer new questions to receive points.
Applications for permanent residence for foreign nationals invited to apply before November 19, 2016 will be assessed based on the previous Ministerial Instructions.

Also on MyCIC Login Page Says

This online service will be unavailable from 1:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Saturday, November 19, 2016, in order to perform system maintenance.

Thanks

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
It's possible if employer provides conditional letter saying, if he receive PR then they will extend his job for 1 year or make it permanent. The job offer letter is valid if it's conditioned around PR decision.
But the end point is that he has to provide a "JOB OFFER LETTER" He wants to claim points without providing anything because his company will not provide any such letter.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
But the end point is that he has to provide a "JOB OFFER LETTER" He wants to claim points without providing anything because his company will not provide any such letter.
For that just wait for 2 more days as it's not really clear about job offer requirement for ICT and NAFTA.