+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope #237 Draw

D

Deleted member 1006777

Well. Maybe they might increase the draw sizes a tad bit but yeah, if the scores are over 510 then we're all f**ed. I wonder if they'd conduct a draw on Jan 4th or 18th. Because I doubt that IRCC will be immediately back to full speed right after holidays. Absolute disgrace.
Historically, whenever they skipped biweekly draws, the scores did shoot up, but they also came back down much quicker than the first time. I'm certain the scores will be 500+ when they resume 9assuming draws are somewhat similar to current all program draws), but they will get back to 490 quicker than last time.

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Historically, whenever they skipped biweekly draws, the scores did shoot up, but they also came back down much quicker than the first time. I'm certain the scores will be 500+ when they resume 9assuming draws are somewhat similar to current all program draws), but they will get back to 490 quicker than last time.
I don't know if there will be enough draws or time for the CRS to come down before they start targeted draws next year, in which case I stand 0 chance to get an ITA.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't know if
Exactly. Your sentence can end there. Don't waste time and energy hypothesizing. If there's something you can do to increase your score, do it. If not, wait and work on a plan B in the meantime. It took me 3 years to get an ITA because of IRCC nonsense. i understand the frustration. But I developed contingencies in the event that I didn't get one. And even after I got one, I kept working on my contingencies if my application was refused. People here make fun of me for it too lol. At the end of the day, IRCC set up a rigged game. It's upto you whether you come out on top or not.

I've been saying for the better part fo this year that scores wouldn't go below 490 this year. I have no idea why people (not necessarily you, just in general) didn't try to increase scores in any way they could.

Reactions: feanor13

h1bmigrant

Dec 21, 2022
The sad part is that that there might only be a few general draws before the targeted draws start. One can only hope that they will mess up the new implementation system, which is likely they would considering their history. And this might give people some more breathing room. I just wish I was born in a decent country so I didn't have to play this f**ek up sick game of IRCC. But hey, at least by Feb-March, we'd all know what the real deal is. If nothing works, I am gonna try for Europe. I used to think USCIS was broken, IRCC took it to another level.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I used to think USCIS was broken, IRCC took it to another level.
Dealing with USCIS is still worse than IRCC in every single way possible. At least with IRCC there's still a possibility of a valid pathway to immigration. With USCIS it's all luck based, and you wait years if not decades. Thin skinned Canada immigrants lose their minds when they don't get updates for a couple weeks. They wouldn't survive USCIS.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Dealing with USCIS is still worse than IRCC in every single way possible. At least with IRCC there's still a possibility of a valid pathway to immigration. With USCIS it's all luck based, and you wait years if not decades. Thin skinned Canada immigrants lose their minds when they don't get updates for a couple weeks. They wouldn't survive USCIS.
Yeah I agree, there's a 5 years waiting period just to get an appointment for a US B1/B2 visa , I've heard it's even worse for other visa categories.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Two of my friends were just approved for green cards through the US economic streams. One had an 8 year wait and the other a 12 year wait. And they were both happy it wasn't longer.

h1bmigrant

Dec 21, 2022
But we all know USCIS is super slow and the chances of obtaining a green card are few and far between. When I came to the US, I had zero expectations of an LPR status due to backlogs and waiting times. It was really just a way to save money in all honesty. Now, IRCC made everyone do their language exams and stopped the draw. USCIS do not make any promises and everyone knows that. IRCC make huge announcements, make everyone update their profiles, and then leaves them hanging in a limbo. I think the latter is a bit more sinister.

Reactions: newuser86

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But we all know USCIS is super slow and the chances of obtaining a green card are few and far between. When I came to the US, I had zero expectations of an LPR status due to backlogs and waiting times. It was really just a way to save money in all honesty. Now, IRCC made everyone do their language exams and stopped the draw. USCIS do not make any promises and everyone knows that. IRCC make huge announcements, make everyone update their profiles, and then leaves them hanging in a limbo. I think the latter is a bit more sinister.
Language test have been mandatory for close to a decade now. This isn't new.

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Omg this is unbearable. All I wanted was to get my ITA and apply for my PR and go home and get married. I need the AOR to get BOWP as my PGWP expires in 6 months. I already did my PCC and it was an immense pain. It will now have 5 more months on it ... my CRS is maxed out at 496. I could probably add 1 year foreign experience for some additional CRS points, but proving that would be very difficult as I don't have any paystubs. I have a very badly written reference letter from HR of that company I worked many years ago, and the chances that they will even respond to IRCC if IRCC decides to verify is almost 0%. At this point, I have nothing to do except pray to God.

Mikita

Aug 9, 2021
Is there any communication on whether the future draws for Express entry will be no program specific? It is a bit odd that I remember my representative told me the score was 700+ in the summer. But now we are looking at 490 ish. Why do they mix up draws like that? As far as I know there are many people scoring above 1000+ waiting for the draw.