Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I'm guessing there won't be any CEC draws for a while now.
Going to be a long, long, long wait for anyone who got pulled in or around this draw.

DhanuIND777

Feb 19, 2020
These statements from IRCC really makes me positive for FSW draws soon, let's not lose hope ...

Under the Immigration Levels Plan, Canada is aiming to welcome 108,500 immigrants through Express Entry this year. It has already issued 37,986 ITAs in 2021 (compared with 10,300 at the same time in 2020). This means that if IRCC is able to issue another 30,000 or so ITAs within the next two months, they should have a strong chance to achieve their Express Entry target by year’s end. This can be achieved by issuing at least 5,000 ITAs in bi-weekly draws between now and April. Again, Express Entry candidates have 90 days to submit their permanent residence applications and IRCC aims to process the applications within six months.

Canada will still look to candidates who are overseas
If you are a skilled worker currently overseas, you should not lose sight of the fact that IRCC and the provinces are still processing immigration applications received from abroad, and are also inviting new candidates who are outside of Canada. This is due to the fact that such candidates have the skills and other characteristics Canada seeks in support of its economic and social objectives.

If you are abroad, you should go ahead and submit your immigration application now so you can enter Canada as quickly as possible. IRCC is also likely to resume invitations to candidates overseas without warning, as it did last year, so you do not want to miss out by deciding to delay your application.

MakeoLondon

Jul 8, 2016
I'm guessing there won't be any CEC draws for a while now.
Going to be a long, long, long wait for anyone who got pulled in or around this draw.
or they will just open their gates and speed up the process.
that said, if true that 90% or more are inland, I can't see the problem for them to wait even a year or so..

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
I'm FSW. I'm 2 hours by car from the border and about to get vaccinated. How is this fair in any possible way?
Indeed. Extremely unfair. I am inside Canada on an open permit. Still awaiting the IVA under federal skilled worker class for international candidates. God know when the next draw for this class will take place!