+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 176th Draw (CEC)

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Congrats, this is truly amazing. It means people who are older, probably working simple jobs, just being part of society and contributing to economy, and otherwise probably had no hope of pr, are now welcome to stay!
At the same time, this probably means even tougher competition for fsw stream.

Reactions: VaniRohit

DhanuIND777

Feb 19, 2020
Congrats, this is truly amazing. It means people who are older, probably working simple jobs, just being part of society and contributing to economy, and otherwise probably had no hope of pr, are now welcome to stay!
At the same time, this probably means even tougher competition for fsw stream.

What do you mean by tougher competition for FSW ? Could you explain a bit?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
What do you mean by tougher competition for FSW ? Could you explain a bit?
Just that fsw draws are getting delayed and potentially there may be smaller draws in future due to this as it is big percentage of overall invites = longer wait time, more people in the pool, higher crs cutoff.

Last edited:

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
More CEC. No outland.
I think the next batch will be more student friendly, and less emphasis on skills. I mean, Canadian education is always an asset from Canadian immigrations perspective ? Possible reduction in scores for inland applicants(CEC and Non CEC), or changes in the express entry points system to help these inland candidates who don't have Canadian work experience. If all they could do is ~28k(eager to know how long the longest waiting candidates had to wait in the pool), the next batch will most likely be inland candidates vs just CEC.

Reactions: alexross

VaniRohit

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
CEC people are very lucky.and wish them all the best..and people like me at score 464 and loosing 5 points next month due to birthday as well as ielts expiring next month is of no hope....now I curse ircc because 464 score is of no importance to them.
They should clear that they won't invite FSW applicants so the FSW people who have spent there days,nights,money preparing for ielts,waiting for draws from so so long and other things to reach high score..stop investing time,money and stop dreaming for canada
all efforts are going in vein and it's really very very disheartening..broken dream and broken heart..saw this dream for my only child

DhanuIND777

Feb 19, 2020
CEC people are very lucky.and wish them all the best..and people like me at score 464 and loosing 5 points next month due to birthday as well as ielts expiring next month is of no hope....now I curse ircc because 464 score is of no importance to them.
They should clear that they won't invite FSW applicants so the FSW people who have spent there days,nights,money preparing for ielts,waiting for draws from so so long and other things to reach high score..stop investing time,money and stop dreaming for canada
all efforts are going in vein and it's really very very disheartening..broken dream and broken heart..saw this dream for my only child

I can feel the pain but there is no way IRCC gonna listen to all of our sentiments, after all it's there decision :(
Other side CEC candidates also worked hard and they deserve first priority for sure but CRS 75 makes me disappointment in some point hmmm...

We just have to be more patience and positive towards our goal, even I have the same story like yours but can't act nowhere... just we have to wait for the right time tht's all dear .... M gonna tell you today, you will get the ITA before your score deeps down ...You will reply me back on these statements for sure :) Something good gonna turn up soon for FSWs ....finger crossed!

Good Luck All !

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
I'm FSW. I'm 2 hours by car from the border and about to get vaccinated. How is this fair in any possible way?
You're in a different country, doesn't matter how close or far from the border you are. Also, being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't transmit the virus, so until that is proven - please stay put.

tuxarc

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
You're in a different country, doesn't matter how close or far from the border you are. Also, being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't transmit the virus, so until that is proven - please stay put.
So the virus is not already in Canada? International travellers are required to test negative 3 times and quarantine for 14 days, what do you think is the probability for transmitting the virus with such restrictions? At the same time, there are plenty of asymptomatic carriers in Canada who don't have to get tested and are provably transmitting the virus every day.

Reactions: taurus22

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Guys, i don't see the point in arguing about it. They've made their decision, you can agree or disagree, at the end of the day it's their prerogative and you just have to accept it.

It's better for FSWs to just focus on being competitive in the medium to long term or look at other alternatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlindGoku

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
1) Using a private vehicle makes a big difference and quarantine is there to be sure that you are not "importing" more virus
2) Being vaccinated is very likely stopping the transmission of the virus, even though it is not sure at 100% yet. In any case, if I was a country and I could decide who to let in, I would want someone already vaccinated...
3) I am staying put and quarantining for almost 1 year now. I have not being without a mask with anyone that I am not living with for all this time, not even for a second and I would keep doing that even in Canada. I am honestly tired of staying put.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Any prediction when next FSW draw can happen?
I would not expect any FSW draw before the end of the summer (best case) or 2022 (more realistically).
They still have a huge amount of FSWs in the backlog (including me), so I do not see the point of inviting more.

That said, IRCC always surprises me with illogical decisions, so it could happen tomorrow...

• Haha
Reactions: taurus22

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
If you can figure out a way financially, i would suggest come here and do a 1-2 year college course, that will give you work permit, on that then you can start your life here in Canada. While you are a student, your spouse can have work permit and work and kid will have free public schools access. System is great here and makes it easy. You can also do vice versa - enrol spouse and work yourself if you feel that you will have easier time finding a job.

Reactions: DhanuIND777