+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 176th Draw (CEC)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is doing great and busy completing EE application.

I have one query if anyone has similar scenario.

Does anyone know what documents can be provided to IRCC to prove sibling relation? There are lot of websites that states birth certificate would be acceptable but both mine and my brother's birth cert. is in different language. Can we also provide scanned copy of passport since it mentions father's name?

Any response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Here’s the list of possible supporting documents:

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.”
The link above also mentions the requirements when translating the original documents (if it’s not in French or English)

Reactions: Smily Pathak

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Here’s the list of possible supporting documents:

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.”
The link above also mentions the requirements when translating the original documents (if it’s not in French or English)
Thank you very much! Much appreciated

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
attaching a copy of CELPIP/IELTS results are not mandatory, right? we just need to provide all info in profile, but missing to attach actual scan will not cause rejection?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
attaching a copy of CELPIP/IELTS results are not mandatory, right? we just need to provide all info in profile, but missing to attach actual scan will not cause rejection?
If I remember correctly you just need the reference number, no need to scan and update anything.

Reactions: Mew

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Scan and upload them anyway. That way if you mistakenly input the wrong ref number, they can still verify using the scanned copy, rather than immediately rejecting your application. If you have the copies of the results, there’s no reason to not upload them.

Reactions: Mew

corporatewokerlady

Mar 8, 2021
PLZ help me. I am about to enter the ee pool. Does paid internship in Noc B ( 2018 ) level job consider as my own working experience? if it does do I need to include all employment details
So it will be my part-time work experience?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
PLZ help me. I am about to enter the ee pool. Does paid internship in Noc B ( 2018 ) level job consider as my own working experience? if it does do I need to include all employment details
So it will be my part-time work experience?
If you’re applying under CEC it won’t be counted as work experience but if you’re under FSW it can be counted. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29
If less than 30 hrs / week, it’s considered part time.
Declare the work experience in the past 10 years under work history, IF you’re claiming points for it.

Reactions: corporatewokerlady