+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 165th Draw - All Programs

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Looks like 2 updates affect those in the pool and effect is negative.

1. No draw today yet and it is 4 PM EST - so not gonna happen which means scores will go up. On the flip side IRCC may draw tomorrow or Friday - not rules out. Scores will still go up with influx of atleast 200 candidates in pool everyday above cut-off
2. Scores will go up tremendously in the short term due to french candidates gaining more points (new CRS rule change) and breaching the cut-off. In the long term avg. cut-off scores will go up if IRCC draws at the same level because of the same reason and I bet there are people who will learn french and kill it in next few months - Huge opportunity for those with just bachelors degree or over 30+ years of age.

This thread is still called the ray of hope. The new changes are Rays of hope.
I really dont feel the scores will go up drastically until mid next year and this is because people will want to take advantage of the french extra points from now on.As of now, there are minimal amounts of people with french clb 7 in all bands in the pool. What hits hard for me is the 3 week gap in draws... hopefully it leads to a b2b really soon.

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I really dont feel the scores will go up drastically until mid next year and this is because people will want to take advantage of the french extra points from now on.As of now, there are minimal amounts of people with french clb 7 in all bands in the pool. What hits hard for me is the 3 week gap in draws... hopefully it leads to a b2b really soon.
I feel like I'm losing hope at 471 right now. I lost two draws due to tie-breaker

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I feel like I'm losing hope at 471 right now. I lost two draws due to tie-breaker
I know its disheartening, but we have no choice but to wait and see where the chips fall next draw. If we cross our fingers really tight , maybe it will still be 471 or at worst 472.

Reactions: Tee23

timstahh

Oct 2, 2020
Hi All,

Just a quick question, does anyone have a format for the proof of fund letter that we need to supply?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Cool, not to be rude, but that doesn’t really answer my question.

If you actually have a template to directly share, that’d be great.
This is not the right thread for your question!! Please use the "Search" function.

Also what do you mean by " supply the pof letter?" Are we in the logistics business or this is an immigration related forum?

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Losing hope at 469 :(
With the current plan by IRCC for 2021, there's absolutely no need to fear. With their estimates, 465 will seemingly have a good chance

Pakchikpak

Dec 12, 2018
Hi guys! Ex member of the Ray of Hope threads here! I saw a few people mentioned learning French to increase points and I would recommend doing that particularly if your score is under 460. If your current score is between 440-460, even an extra 20 points through French (which you can add in a year) will help. Not only that, you'll be able to apply for more jobs since you have an added language edge once here.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hi guys! Ex member of the Ray of Hope threads here! I saw a few people mentioned learning French to increase points and I would recommend doing that particularly if your score is under 460. If your current score is between 440-460, even an extra 20 points through French (which you can add in a year) will help. Not only that, you'll be able to apply for more jobs since you have an added language edge once here.

You're half right. But you wont be getting an extra 20 points for anything. If any of the 4 competencies are NCLC 6, you get 10 points overall. If they're all NCLC 7, you get 62 points. No in-between. For those below 460, 10 points is meaningless, and 62 basically guarantees an ITA. That is until a year or so, when having a canadian degree and french skills will become more and more commonplace.