+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 165th Draw - All Programs

D

Deleted member 1006777

Good news for all PR aspirants. With Joe Biden winning the US presidential election today, expect an overall decrease in demand for Canadian immigration. Canada benefitted the most over the last couple of years due to hostile environment & tough stance created by Trump against foreign students and high skilled immigrants. The new change in presidency is a lot of stability for a lot of us in US who are stuck in limbo over the last couple of years. Things will change and get better for a lot of us here in US.

I am hoping this will be a good news for many aspirants. The scores should go down slowly over the next couple of months and the shift will happen gradually. I make 3x more money with more opportunities and broader location choices and I will definitely rethink my canadian PR plans as things get better.

Good luck everyone!
This is a hilariously superficial understanding of the US political system. Any immigration reform will take a few years to pass. Especially considering the senate is likely to remain republican controlled. The best case scenario is some reform happens after the 2018 midterm elections. So no, do NOT expect an overall decrease in demand for Canadian immigration because Biden got elected. There may be a reduction in demand over time, but that won't happen for a few years, if it does at all.

With consistent draws and no gaps, the scores will in fact go down gradually, but that has nothing to do with US elections. It is more acutely related to lack of language testing which is keeping a large number of people from getting into the candidate pool.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Do what you can to increase your score and don't believe in pipe dreams.

Reactions: QuinAby

AJ0239

Nov 12, 2019
Anyone who received ITA on Oct 14 and got the Aor, did anyone got the request for biometrics yet?