+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 165th Draw - All Programs

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
That was 2019, I've seen more people take up French during the covid19 lockdown. I'm from an english speaking country and I've seen many people register for the TEF classes just to increase their CRS points, I'm an example of someone learning French as well and intend to take the tef exam soon.
I honestly believe we'll only see the consequences of that policy change around mid-2021. Starting now, a LOT of people will start considering french SERIOUSLY. I wouldn't be surprised if by mid-2021 the scores jump to above 480 because of 10-15% of the weekly new profiles above 470 being of people with french skills.

asf56

Sep 23, 2020
Lol. The group is silent altogether. Shouldn't the draw results be out by now, if there was one?

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
According to CRS calculator my score should be 476. The express entry profile calculated my score as 458. I have got my ECA for a bachelor's degree and have completed two diplomas in Canada.
I'd appreciate if someone could advise what can i do to increase my score on the profile to what it is supposed to be as per the CRS Calculator.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Naxwell

SpaceWolf

Aug 20, 2020
According to CRS calculator my score should be 476. The express entry profile calculated my score as 458. I have got my ECA for a bachelor's degree and have completed two diplomas in Canada.
I'd appreciate if someone could advise what can i do to increase my score on the profile to what it is supposed to be as per the CRS Calculator.

Thanks in advance!
When filling your details about education, there is a question like "More than half of your program is in English", just select "No". A lot of people got confused about this, not sure about yours

Reactions: aviiii123

shaenique

Oct 28, 2020
Hi guys! I am so nervous. Does anyone know if the draw usually happens this late? I think I have mainly seen it early.

abnan

Jul 17, 2019
Yes it has happened on multiple occasions. Draws have taken place late in the afternoon, and even on Thursdays.

Reactions: shaenique

Phyllis.W

Sep 11, 2020
Netherlands
Category........
STUDY
NOC Code......
That was 2019, I've seen more people take up French during the covid19 lockdown. I'm from an english speaking country and I've seen many people register for the TEF classes just to increase their CRS points, I'm an example of someone learning French as well and intend to take the tef exam soon.
Yep same here. Learning French to increase CRS points

awley

Mar 13, 2019
I honestly believe we'll only see the consequences of that policy change around mid-2021. Starting now, a LOT of people will start considering french SERIOUSLY. I wouldn't be surprised if by mid-2021 the scores jump to above 480 because of 10-15% of the weekly new profiles above 470 being of people with french skills.
It seems we are about to start seeing that consequence soon. With this delay, its definitely going to be above 471 for sure. Sadly!!!

Oct 26, 2020
Hi Guys,
Quick question- if the draw is happening today and to be considered in this draw, by when should I have submitted? Basically how many days before the draw?
No guesses/estimates please, only if you know for a fact. Thanks in advance.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
Quick question- if the draw is happening today and to be considered in this draw, by when should I have submitted? Basically how many days before the draw?
No guesses/estimates please, only if you know for a fact. Thanks in advance.
you can submit all the way up to the point draw happens. System sorts profiles in descending order of score. You profile should be valid and submitted at this time.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Looks like 2 updates affect those in the pool and effect is negative.

1. No draw today yet and it is 4 PM EST - so not gonna happen which means scores will go up. On the flip side IRCC may draw tomorrow or Friday - not rules out. Scores will still go up with influx of atleast 200 candidates in pool everyday above cut-off
2. Scores will go up tremendously in the short term due to french candidates gaining more points (new CRS rule change) and breaching the cut-off. In the long term avg. cut-off scores will go up if IRCC draws at the same level because of the same reason and I bet there are people who will learn french and kill it in next few months - Huge opportunity for those with just bachelors degree or over 30+ years of age.

This thread is still called the ray of hope. The new changes are Rays of hope.