+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone who is worried that Canadian economy is not doing well and there are too many job losses etc.

If you want to feel better just talk to any real estate agent and they will tell you how rents won't drop as there is not much job loss. Or how houses are still selling at higher prices because so many people are now buying homes. And economy has already bounced back etc.
I guess it depends on the province. I know numerous people who have lost their jobs. Mainly in Alberta. Some were even working for the government. From what I am hearing BC is bouncing back somewhat. I am not sure about other provinces.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I mentioned this before and I am gonna say it again, majority of lost jobs are minimum wage jobs. I do agree that economy did take a huge hit, 90% of IT jobs shifted to work from home and they are as productive as before. I still check linkedIn time to time and see many new IT/Software jobs being posted.
Federal FSW program does not built currently to bring people specifically based on the performing job code. There is separate program designed for that i.e. PNP. I guess you are in IT, and hence I can understand. What about about other people with non IT job codes.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I was saying this to someone today that this may be their new way of doing things. He said that's probably me being hopeful lol and I couldn't agree less.
In the end i think it will end up being the same, whatever number of invitations they will have in the round, they just separate it between a PNP draw and a draw for everyone else. In the end it will add up to the same if they were to use the old system, which included the PNPs in the general draws as well.

I think it is for presentation purposes, now they can easily show how many PNPs have been invited especially because provincial nominations have their separate quota for immigration.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
In the end i think it will end up being the same, whatever number of invitations they will have in the round, they just separate it between a PNP draw and a draw for everyone else. In the end it will add up to the same if they were to use the old system, which included the PNPs in the general draws as well.

I think it is for presentation purposes, now they can easily show how many PNPs have been invited especially because provincial nominations have their separate quota for immigration.
This make sense. We wait then.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Believe me I am anything but entitled. I understand your point about COVID-19 and international travel, but there is outland CEC and PNP applicants who is currently getting ITA's, I do not understand the difference between them and outland FSW applicants.
there is a big difference sir. Volume of people for outland cec are very less. Moreover, apart from economical, there is a political angle as well. Federal govt. would not want to be criticized by allowing fsw folks during this tough time. They do not have a full majority. PNP is provincial so they can take a cal by themselves. Fed govt do not want to bring people as there is financial risk for them. As we all know most of the people without job usually land to toronto which means fed govt is indirectly putting more stress to one province and hence they do not want to be in a spot.

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Federal FSW program does not built currently to bring people specifically based on the performing job code. There is separate program designed for that i.e. PNP. I guess you are in IT, and hence I can understand. What about about other people with non IT job codes.
Immigration isn't all about jobs but people don't seem to get this. There's the declining population aspect as well and they've got projections that they have to meet to sort the population problems; immigrants being economic is just an icing on the cake. Canada is too big a country to have the number of population they currently thrive on.

Reactions: Mandeepchadha85

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
there is a big difference sir. Volume of people for outland cec are very less. Moreover, apart from economical, there is a political angle as well. Federal govt. would not want to be criticized by allowing fsw folks during this tough time. They do not have a full majority.
There's that and there's also the part where immigration plays a major role in their future as a country. And don't tell me it's garbage because that's what the entire express entry system was built around.

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Immigration isn't all about jobs but people don't seem to get this. There's the declining population aspect as well and they've got projections that they have to meet to sort the population problems; immigrants being economic is just an icing on the cake. Canada is too big a country to have the number of population they currently thrive on.
Yet they are are fulfilling the number of ITA with CEC applicants. On your defence, you are saying the govt. cannot meet their quota through just inviting CEC applicants for the time being?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Yet they are are fulfilling the number of ITA with CEC applicants. On your defence, you are saying the govt. cannot meet their quota through just inviting CEC applicants for the time being?
No, far from that. The argument wasn't based on that at all. They can meet up their quota with the inland candidates, absolutely.