+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

harry3190

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
It’s been a long journey for almost 1.5 yrs now, not yet successful but still hopeful. At score of FSW, 459 with CLB 10, Master, 10+ yrs experience, NOC 1122. Expectation is to get PNP if the scores trend the way it is!! Even CEC candidates with current scores would not have expected the scores that are trending now, so let’s all be hopeful either way!!
That NOC1122 is in demand for OINP
May be 1 month more and u will receive the PNP

I am too from the same NOC

Reactions: InternationalMallu

Md1990

May 22, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hey I have a question regarding the draw! Do you think their will be a draw in the end on June? I wanted to know since I too am a fsw candidate and currently with a score of crs 455! I was hoping maybe in the end of June they might resume general draws! I might lose points in July mid because of my age

Reactions: Dreambigca

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
These are very disappointing times for FSW applicants. Inviting a CEC candidate with a score of 430 is a joke, it just makes the entire EE system fail.
Had my hopes high for this draw but it went south.

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello fellow members. Here is my two cents, Instead of Ray of Hope, I’m gonna spill some Ray of Truth. First of all, the suspension of FSW is not just because of the border closure, but in fact it is tied with the Economy/ Job market. Imagine this scenario, even if you get an ITA now, it’s gonna take at least 6-8 months for a decision about your application hence we can toss out the border closure/travelling to Canada topic.

A lot of the Canadians are either out of job/receiving CERB till August which means they have to make sure their Economy/Market is stable for both current residents and upcoming ones. I read recently the Conservatives are pushing against immigration programs at least up until the current situation pan out. Liberals don’t want accept newcomers to Canada especially, their own people are out of employment as it could cause outrage from both citizens and opposing government parties. Even though, people bring their own settlement fund with them the government has to make sure they are landing on a stable and healthy economy/market for the sake of everybody’s well being. As for CEC candidates, at least most of them are pretty much trapped in their economy hence they want to priorities them instead on scrapping the entire immigration program all together so they can uphold their promise for the yearly immigration intake.

On the bright side, Canada is still conducting immigration program as opposed to their neighbour in south side (USA) which put on hold for their Green card applications entirely. At the moment Canada has a thing of two to tackle ie, the current pandemic and an imminent recession/ depression and I believe government’s gonna stress on these things rather than concentrating on immigration programs.

I know this is indeed a frustrating time as we are all in the same cycle of disenchantment and have number of reasons to worry about our Canadian dream. Nevertheless, our ray of hope and government’s future plan are two different categories. Finally, I wanna to see each and everybody here and everywhere around the world to get their desired ITA accordingly though we can all hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

P.S. This opinion is purely personal and not meant to hurt or offend any dreamers on this forum.

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Hello fellow members. Here is my two cents, Instead of Ray of Hope, I’m gonna spill some Ray of Truth. First of all, the suspension of FSW is not just because of the border closure, but in fact it is tied with the Economy/ Job market. Imagine this scenario, even if you get an ITA now, it’s gonna take at least 6-8 months for a decision about your application hence we can toss out the border closure/travelling to Canada topic.

A lot of the Canadians are either out of job/receiving CERB till August which means they have to make sure their Economy/Market is stable for both current residents and upcoming ones. I read recently the Conservatives are pushing against immigration programs at least up until the current situation pan out. Liberals don’t want accept newcomers to Canada especially, their own people are out of employment as it could cause outrage from both citizens and opposing government parties. Even though, people bring their own settlement fund with them the government has to make sure they are landing on a stable and healthy economy/market for the sake of everybody’s well being. As for CEC candidates, at least most of them are pretty much trapped in their economy hence they want to priorities them instead on scrapping the entire immigration program all together so they can uphold their promise for the yearly immigration intake.

On the bright side, Canada is still conducting immigration program as opposed to their neighbour in south side (USA) which put on hold for their Green card applications entirely. At the moment Canada has a thing of two to tackle ie, the current pandemic and an imminent recession/ depression and I believe government’s gonna stress on these things rather than concentrating on immigration programs.

I know this is indeed a frustrating time as we are all in the same cycle of disenchantment and have number of reasons to worry about our Canadian dream. Nevertheless, our ray of hope and government’s future plan are two different categories. Finally, I wanna to see each and everybody here and everywhere around the world to get their desired ITA accordingly though we can all hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

P.S. This opinion is purely personal and not meant to hurt or offend any dreamers on this forum.
What you have said, makes a lot of sense.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

I mentioned this before and I am gonna say it again, majority of lost jobs are minimum wage jobs. I do agree that economy did take a huge hit, 90% of IT jobs shifted to work from home and they are as productive as before. I still check linkedIn time to time and see many new IT/Software jobs being posted.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
These are very disappointing times for FSW applicants. Inviting a CEC candidate with a score of 430 is a joke, it just makes the entire EE system fail.

Please don't say that to anyone that they are a joke.

PNP cut off this time was 743 which means that someone had a score of 143 without PNP.
I can't get my head around the fact, how come someone can have soooo low score of mere 143.

Those CEC candidates that you are hating on, maybe at this time they don't have high score but in future they have plenty time + opportunity to reach that score of 470.

And if you think that all people with 430 are 'dumb', I would politely disagree with that. There are tons of factors why someone is sitting on 430.

And the end of the day they got in, so I think we just have to settle with that. Canada is preferring them right now.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
My post about this fourm being highly censored has been deleted. Bravo!
Like seriously what is going on?
Does anyone have any answers?

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Please remember you had multiple all programs draws in 2017 where the CRS cutoff score was below 440. Be hopeful!

6Mar.01434
8Apr.05431
9Apr.12423
10Apr.19415
11May.04423
12May.17415
15May.31413
19Aug.09433
20Aug.23434
21Sep.06435
22Sep.20433
23Oct.04438
24Oct.18436
28Nov.15439

Even FSW were glad for this back then. I had 461 as a FSW in 2017 and never knew i would have got an ITA because the scores were so high and then 2017 came and voila.

Keep the Faith!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Anyone who is worried that Canadian economy is not doing well and there are too many job losses etc.

If you want to feel better just talk to any real estate agent and they will tell you how rents won't drop as there is not much job loss. Or how houses are still selling at higher prices because so many people are now buying homes. And economy has already bounced back etc.