+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No point taking candidates who despite significant domestic bonuses, are 30-40-50 points behind other candidates.

At some point it becomes ridiculous.

We've had people here miss out on cut-offs by 1 point or due to tiebreaks.

Now they're going to take candidates who are this far behind others in the pool?

I understand it's temporary, but c'mon.

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
'
This too make sense. No point taking in old chaps when there are young dudes in the pool. My opinion.
Anything can happen dudes. Many are telling Canada is gonna cut down on immigration and at the same time, some positive news keeps coming always. Some of the FSW dudes I know of, lost points on age, and few even faced IELTS expiry issues. Do not know when it will be back in action

Countries around the world and bracing to exit lockdown with the tag 'learn to live with COVID 19', and so might Canada too do. Of all the documents I've read about immigration, more than the labor shortage, they want to sort their shrinking population and replace it with better dudes that can contribute to the economy and accustom well with Canada. The CEC draws for the last 3 months were mostly meant to benefit CEC dudes that might not be able to leave while the visa or stay expires.

So apart from that, I guess they do not have any good reason to keep conducting the CEC only draws. Also IRCC is well aware that not all CEC dudes are out of the country.

Let me tell you a true story in relation to my theory - A friend of mine worked in Canada after completing a 1 year course (in the year 2018) and came back to India. After returning back to India, he suddenly liked Canada too much (he worked in Edmonton as an IT admin) and he wanted to try through this EE route. But the moment, he wished to go to Canada the scores were above 450 already and his score was 446 and turned 441 in December 2019. Having lost all the hope of migrating to a developed nation (age - 35), he started to resume his work in a local company in Chennai, India. The moment he saw CEC only draw happening by March (score was 467 CEC or something at that time), he created a profile with less hope of getting ITA. Even after that, he was continuing his work and he did not even bother to check emails or log into CIC portal. This Thursday to his great surprise he checked the spam folder and his most awaited email is there. Got ITA -> Accepted it -> now he will gather documents as most hospitals, govt offices and banks are open here.

It was such a piece of nice news to hear from him. A person who lost all hopes to travel to Canada and completely gave up the dream is suddenly being given a second chance to migrate with family forever. He even told this to his former employer (Canada) and they promised to hire him instantly once he lands in Edmonton, Calgary (with an even better package - above $85K).

About his IELTS and ECA - IELTS was cleared on May 30 2018 and ECA done in 2019. So even his IELTS would have expired in just 4 days had he not accepted or received the ITA on time

Likewise, we may not know when we will get the chance but trust me guys, hard work and determination will not fail (unless Trudeau shuts down immigration or prefers only CEC dudes).

So from this, I can tell that not all CEC are inside Canada and IRCC is very very very well aware of this. So if a CEC dude can travel from India, so will a FSW dude as well. Trust me guys, once border is open full, some CEC who will need to go out (be it any reason) of Canada might go out and all draws will for sure resume once Canada opens is border full (with safety restrictions). So no other special reason to halt FSW.

harry3190

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
I have 471 FSW and I will lose marks on 31st July due to age.

What is the probability to receive an ITA?
Any guidance or insight?

Md1990

May 22, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have a question when general draws resume maybe in July hopefully do you think it will spike from 440 to 470?? I think it will increase gradually right it seems like maybe another two draws with cec and pnp then maybe it will follow a upward trend but I doubt it will go past 465 when general draws resume! Or not until August or September

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
Is scope of Canada for workers low unless Canada experience is there? I am hearing from peoples that many lost jobs esp in Alberta............this makes me think it would be diificult to find job right now

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Is scope of Canada for workers low unless Canada experience is there? I am hearing from peoples that many lost jobs esp in Alberta............this makes me think it would be diificult to find job right now
depends on the field. IT is booming. pretty much all startups in usa are setting up shop in canada because of foreign worker issues.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question when general draws resume maybe in July hopefully do you think it will spike from 440 to 470?? I think it will increase gradually right it seems like maybe another two draws with cec and pnp then maybe it will follow a upward trend but I doubt it will go past 465 when general draws resume! Or not until August or September
I'm not sure what you mean by spike. The only reason scores are so low is because they have been CEC draws only. When the general draw resumes, the first few draws will certainly be 470+. There are quite a large number of applicants sitting in the pool with high scores right now.

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
apart from IT.........anything else
I am a FSW Candidate, but looked at employment while waiting for my ECA. I had no trouble hearing back from employers in agriculture, with a few willing to go the LMIA route, but I rather wanted to try the EE route, due to PR and not a work permit with uncertainty of being tied to a single employer. I am regretting that now with the Non-FSW draws. So agriculture seems good and I see their LMIA application are being prioritized. People will always need food and it is an industry that a lot of people are not getting into.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It would depend on a lot of factors. Overall, Canadian job market is nowhere close to the job market in the US. It is also very dependent on the economy of the US, meaning that if US has a crisis, Canada has one too.

Now it's worse. Also, there are a very few big cities and you might have to pass on some of them. For example, if you don't speak French, you will have a hard time finding a job in Montreal. It's very difficult to get a job in Ottawa because the job market primarily evolves around Federal Government. And getting into the government is extremely tough even for Canadian citizens. However, if you are in IT, you might find a job easily because there is a place called Silicon Valley of the North in Ottawa, which is a big hub for IT companies.

Calgary and Edmonton suffer from both covid and low oil prices. Regina, Winnipeg and Saskatoon might be some cities worth exploring.
And, of course, there are Vancouver and Toronto, which have more opportunities (especially Toronto and the whole GTA area) but also have extremely expensive housing and heavy competition for the jobs.

If you are to arrive to Canada soon and you are planning to move to Toronto, for example, I would suggest you bring at least $15,000 if you are single and would be willing to rent a room instead of the entire place. That might be enough to sustain yourself for 4-6 months without a job and with very cautious spending.

You will find something eventually even if you're not in IT but it will be longer (on average) than it used to be.

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Guys sorry for asking this at this topic.

I have 459 points. Learning French as well.

Due to the current situation and rising crs scores, I am now looking into a 1-year coop diploma program in my field in Canada. Then getting a job and pr easier.

Has anyone also considered this option? How logical does it sound?

Thank you guys.