File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I second this. I know so many students who come here for a college diploma (2 years) after finishing 12th grade in their home country. Since their overall education level is lower than a bachelor's degree, they do not achieve a competitive CRS score. For those candidates, this is a blessing in disguise.
Totally agree. Majority are not here to do a Master's or PhD. Lots and lots of lower scores out there who are still waiting for ITA cut offs to drop lower.

Reactions: indianstudent96

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Totally agree. Majority are not here to do a Master's or PhD. Lots and lots of lower scores out there who are still waiting for ITA cut offs to drop lower.
I asked some of them if they are here for just studies but most said 'We are here for PR." However, they did not seem to understand the entire EE process where they would not have sufficient points to get an ITA. I guess I am wrong now because if the trend continues and they had managed to get a year of skilled work experience and CLB 10, they would receive an ITA soon. How do I know? I went to school with these people, I had a bachelor's degree from one of the top universities in India, so I managed to get 479 with two or more certs. CLB 10, and a year of Canadian work experience. This kinda makes me wonder if I should have just arrived in Canada after high school.

Reactions: scylla

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I asked some of them if they are here for just studies but most said 'We are here for PR." However, they did not seem to understand the entire EE process where they would not have sufficient points to get an ITA. I guess I am wrong now because if the trend continues and they had managed to get a year of skilled work experience and CLB 10, they would receive an ITA soon. How do I know? I went to school with these people, I had a bachelor's degree from one of the top universities in India, so I managed to get 479 with two or more certs. CLB 10, and a year of Canadian work experience. This kinda makes me wonder if I should have just arrived in Canada after high school.
I disagree.

Life at least to me should not be just about finding a way to immigrate, it should also be about being satisfied with your academic credentials and professional pursuits, and your ability to work hard and achieve social mobility.

If you're going to be here just to work a minimum wage job, is there really a point to immigrating? You'd probably be better off studying for a degree with good prospects in your home country.

I know a lot depends on the person's economic background, but studying here just for PR seems like the wrong way to go. You should have some vision for your life goals apart from that.

I'm saying this in relation to their mentality not yours.

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I disagree.

Life at least to me should not be just about finding a way to immigrate, it should also be about being satisfied with your academic credentials and professional pursuits, and your ability to work hard and achieve social mobility.

If you're going to be here just to work a minimum wage job, is there really a point to immigrating? You'd probably be better off studying for a degree with good prospects in your home country.

I know a lot depends on the person's economic background, but studying here just for PR seems like the wrong way to go. You should have some vision for your life goals apart from that.

easy to say. Most of these people he is referring to are from my home country of India. If you knew a few of em, you'd know why they do it. Long explanation short: This is better than the other life choices they have on offer.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I understand it's not easy, but there are also those who are FSWs with good qualifications, work experience and so on, who can immigrate to Canada as well as top professionals. But i don't mean to criticise their choices, i just think it would be good for them to have a long term goal in terms of their profession as well, even if their priority is obtaining PR.

Because even to qualify as a CEC with just a diploma and Canadian work experience is not easy, given how competitive it is nowadays. A lot of them are getting a big break with covid, but this won't last forever.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I disagree.

This is exactly what I said to myself. In fact, PR was not in my mind when I landed in Canada. I focused on my studies and ended up getting a full-time job in IT which paid me more than minimum wage. I can't imagine making my ends meet working multiple minimum wage jobs (I did it as a student). It is just so miserable that you are better off in your home country, This comment might be controversial and might make a lot of people angry but it is what it is, you do not come to Canada as a skilled profession to work minimum wage jobs. It's fine if you are doing it in your first few months or a year but beyond it, you are just pushing it as you will run out of your savings!

Last edited:
Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is exactly what I said myself. In fact, PR was not in my mind when I landed in Canada. I focused on my studies and ended up getting a full-time job in IT which paid me more than minimum wage. I can't imagine making my ends meet working multiple minimum wage jobs (I did it as a student). It is just so miserable that you are better off in your home country, This comment might be controversial and might make a lot of people angry but it is what it is, you do not come to Canada as a skilled profession to work minimum wage jobs. It's fine if you are doing it in your first few months or a year but beyond it, you are just pushing it and you will run out of your savings!
I agree, but of course it does depend on your social class as well i know.

Not everyone is comfortably middle class in their home country, so for them they see the opportunity to immigrate as like this is what will help them improve their economic standing even f they are working minimum wage jobs here.

I think people who are from middle class backgrounds, immigrating to Canada is just a way to take the next step in their professional careers and life goals.

Just like there are many international students who just go back to their home countries, because their life is comfortable there, they just wanted to come to Canada, get a prestigious degree, have fun and party a bit, and then go back home with good job prospects.

Reactions: zagcollins

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I have a question, I have a Canada born kid, while filling PR application, should I mention as accompanying or non-accompanying kid? Please let me know. Thank you!

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I agree, but of course it does depend on your social class as well i know.

Not everyone is comfortably middle class in their home country, so for them they see the opportunity to immigrate as like this is what will help them improve their economic standing.

I think people who are from middle class backgrounds, immigrating to Canada is just a way to take the next step in their professional careers and life goals.
I agree with you. Sorry, I should have been clear in my post. If you are well off, there's no point in moving to Canada and working minimum wage jobs just to live here. Canada is definitely a good place for IT professionals in terms of stability but salaries are higher in the US. I think it is a good compromise to live in Canada as an IT professional and a permanent resident as getting a green card in the US is almost impossible nowadays.

I can not speak for other industries though.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I agree with you. Sorry, I should have been clear in my post. If you are well off, there's no point in moving to Canada and working minimum wage jobs just to live here. Canada is definitely a good place for IT professionals in terms of stability but salaries are higher in the US. I think it is a good compromise to live in Canada as an IT professional and a permanent resident as getting a green card in the US is almost impossible nowadays.

I can not speak for other industries though.
Definitely, but at this point everyone is better off in Canada because of the uncertainty surrounding the H1-B visas and green card applications.

You can always work in the U.S with a nafta visa once you're a Canadian citizen.

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
Hello members, i have few questions on the last express entry draw where cut off was 440 in Canadian experience class, please help me here

1. My CRS score is 440 in Canadian experience class but i didn't receive the invitation yet, though i have created my profile just few weeks back so what is the chance here ?
2. Can we apply for Canadian work permit keeping express entry profile in pool or after receiving the PR invitation or after submitting the PR application ?

Thanks,
Cheers !