Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Nobody knows anything for sure. I reckon that based on the events this past couple of days, tomorrow's draw changes everything. Safe to say that if tomorrow's draw isn't FSW inclusive, we are going to be waiting for a long time.
Canada is holding back COPRs to FSW candidates due to travel restrictions. When they start sending out, we can expect FSW draws to be resumed. And that will not be far from now because Canada is slowly easing the restrictions (most recently, the immediate family members of Canadian citizens and PRs).
So even if tomorrow draw does not include FSW candidates, we should remain positive still. We have been waiting for so long, we can afford to wait a little bit longer. Even IELTS tests and WES operation resume, the rate of new candidates entering the pool will not be the same as before. The pandemic has affected billions of people. Many of them might not even have enough fund for migration.

Reactions: manisingh2301

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I’ve provided one job in my EE profile where Ive worked part time as a customer service rep for hardly 8 months and was employed by a staffing company. This was 5 years ago. I don’t know if I could get a reference letter from them.

What would you suggest I do?
I would suggest to remove all jobs from your EE profile except the ones that totals 3 years of experience in the last 10 years and you can get reference letters for them, I have done the same in my EE profile.

I am not sure if less than one year of experience from one job fetches CRS points or maybe you can combine it with other jobs? Anyone has any idea?

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Canada is holding back COPRs to FSW candidates due to travel restrictions. When they start sending out, we can expect FSW draws to be resumed. And that will not be far from now because Canada is slowly easing the restrictions (most recently, the immediate family members of Canadian citizens and PRs).
So even if tomorrow draw does not include FSW candidates, we should remain positive still. We have been waiting for so long, we can afford to wait a little bit longer. Even IELTS tests and WES operation resume, the rate of new candidates entering the pool will not be the same as before. The pandemic has affected billions of people. Many of them might not even have enough fund for migration.
i second this

Reactions: joconstantine

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Nothing. Absolutely nothing of such.
From my understanding, if you are claiming points for your current job, reference letter date should be post-ITA. If it is past job, then reference letter should be the dated after you have left the job and it can be pre-ITA.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
i second this
Correct. Not many will be entering the pool as it was before. IELTS has not resumed operations in India (full scale) and if they open up, they r not gonna run the show with full capacity. Those r well set with 460 and above will sure shot get ITAs before the end of July.
And then gradually it might touch upto 450 and then could increase again.
Be ready with everything, ITAs to 460s, (and 450s as well but depends on IELTS resuming their operations) and above on the way

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Never say never! Tomorrow is almost here!

And even if it's CEC and PNP only draws, a B2B draws when FSW resumes is all it takes to clear the pool of whatever backlogs accrued. So relax and keep your fingers crossed.
Dudes are very highly aspired and preparing IELTS like fire now. No wonder the pool size will increase dramatically once IELTS conducts exams to those extremely motivated dudes.
Some members in the Forum are anticipating that a FSW draw might take place by September and some say before July but if FSW draws do not resume and if IELTS runs in full swing, only 470s are gonna take away every ITA as they did from September 2019. I wish that from tomo onwards, FSW happens bi-weekly (some dudes turn 30 as well) and compensate those in the pool at least to the least bit.
Else, as usual, ITAs will once again become a thing only for the 470s and not at all to others

Reactions: lone_ranger

RyVenn

Mar 4, 2020
South Africa
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-03-2020
Hi All
Has anyone had to change a date of employment (under the work experience category) once entering the pool, and if changed, how does this impact anything with regards to status of application/date entered pool?
Thanks

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi All
Has anyone had to change a date of employment (under the work experience category) once entering the pool, and if changed, how does this impact anything with regards to status of application/date entered pool?
Thanks
If you loose points or any change to points because of your new change you are in trouble, if not I believe just a LOE will do, my opinion

My bad I misread your question - if you are in pool you can change anything and it does not impact your application as your it is is not yet worked on. Just back your changes with required documentation.

Last edited:

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
From my understanding, if you are claiming points for your current job, reference letter date should be post-ITA. If it is past job, then reference letter should be the dated after you have left the job and it can be pre-ITA.
thanks.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Dudes are very highly aspired and preparing IELTS like fire now. No wonder the pool size will increase dramatically once IELTS conducts exams to those extremely motivated dudes.
Some members in the Forum are anticipating that a FSW draw might take place by September and some say before July but if FSW draws do not resume and if IELTS runs in full swing, only 470s are gonna take away every ITA as they did from September 2019. I wish that from tomo onwards, FSW happens bi-weekly (some dudes turn 30 as well) and compensate those in the pool at least to the least bit.
Else, as usual, ITAs will once again become a thing only for the 470s and not at all to others
I am not sure if there are actually that many "aspired dudes". Many have been struggling with maintaining their living during the pandemic, which is still on high, especially in India. We were lucky to have commenced our preparation before the pandemic started.

Reactions: marosa

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am not sure if there are actually that many "aspired dudes". Many have been struggling with maintaining their living during the pandemic, which is still on high, especially in India. We were lucky to have commenced our preparation before the pandemic started.
This is the case almost everywhere. Some have even lost motivation due to one thing or the other. I know someone that is already planning on Russia, even though it’s not as viable as Canada.

Reactions: joconstantine

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Can i have exp under two differnt NOC codes?

My first role was at officer level for 2 years and now manger level fir last 1 year ?
Can i claim points for all 3 years under fsw?

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
The number of people taking IELTS would reduce for two reasons:
1) job prospects are reduced because of the covid
2) you need WES and ielts, it would cost you 40k and you need to travel to universities to get transcripts etc.. It's hard to move during these days( across districts)

I think CRS would definitely reduce for the FSW candidates.

Atleast by end of June, IRCC is not going to issue any COPR for the FSW candidates.

Reactions: newbiealpha